f i v e

I was awoken by my alarm going off somewhere in my room.

I blinked a few times, before staring up at the ceiling above me. I turned my head to the side and reached for my phone that was resting on my nightstand. 6:02 am. Perfect. I had just the amount of time I needed to get ready for school. I always got up early, even on the weekends. I liked having a lot of time on my hands, before I had to go to school or whatever.

After switching my alarm off, I swung my legs over the edge of my bed and looked around my room. I pulled myself up on my feet and walked over to pick out an outfit for today. At Westside High School, you didn't need to wear a school uniform which I found very pleasing. I liked picking out my own clothes, showing off my own style. The real me.

When they made us wear school uniforms, it just felt like they covered us up so we'd all look the same. They often said people wouldn't bully us for what we wore that way, but people would always find other things to bully each other about. It sucked, but if you'd ask me, it was the truth.

I picked out a pair of black jeans, my white lace bra and a white cotton sweater. As said, I wasn't much of a colorful person. Once I was changed into my outfit, I pulled my hair up and tied it into a bun before leaving for the bathroom. I had my own little bathroom upstairs which was nice, since I could have my own things there without anyone moving them around.

I washed off my face and gently dried it before putting on my face lotion, before exiting and tiptoeing downstairs. My parents weren't awake yet, since they started their day later than me, so I made sure to keep quiet (which really wasn't a problem) as I prepared some cornflakes and milk in a bowl. I ate my breakfast in the kitchen and once I was done, I quietly moved back upstairs.

I walked back into my room and pulled the curtains open, looking outside. The sun had just gone up over the horizon and spread a warm light over the neighborhood. I smiled to myself, and found myself looking over towards Dallon's house. There was a light lit in what I guessed was his bedroom and I soon saw some movement in there too. Guess he was up early, just like me.

I strolled into my bathroom again and put on my face primer, before lining up my makeup products on the sink. It took me about thirty minutes to create a somewhat decent look. I always struggled to get the eyeliner right. I let my hair fall back over my shoulders and didn't care to do anything special with it, I just brushed it through.

I walked back into my bedroom, packed my backpack with the things I would be needing for today and shot a look at the clock. 7:15 am. I wouldn't have to leave until eight. I smiled to myself and laid back onto my bed, phone in my hand.

+++

When my phone beeped, announcing that it was time to leave for school, I whipped my head up. I must've fallen asleep. I took a quick look at myself in the mirror, making sure I looked okay, before heading downstairs. My dad was now seated by the kitchen table, coffee in his hand. He smiled as he saw me.

"Good morning, baby girl. Heading for school?" He asked me and I nodded.

"Yeah, I accidentally fell asleep for a bit, so I'll have to hurry up." I smiled at my dad, before telling him goodbye, slipping on my jacket and heading out the door.

The cold hit me as I walked towards my bicycle. It was only the beginning of October and I wasn't used to this type of chilly weather so early. Were I'd lived before, it didn't get cold outside until the beginning of December. I lead my bike out on the sidewalk and hopped on, beginning to roll down the street.

Further down the street, I spotted someone walking. Someone tall, and I only knew one person who had that height. I slowed down a little but still, it didn't take long until I caught up with the tall individual.
"Hey Dallon." I mumbled softly, looking at the road ahead of me.

"Huh?" The person suddenly stopped, and so did I. When I turned towards the person, I realized it wasn't Dallon at all. Just a complete stranger. It was a boy, and he looked at me with so much confusion in his eyes that I wanted to punch myself in the face.

Fucking hell.

I usually didn't curse, but right now, I rambled every single dirty word that I knew in the English language, in my head of course. I'd never been more embarrassed and the fact that this could possibly be one of my neighbors just made it worse. I tilted my head up a little to look at the guy.

"Oh. I'm sorry. I thought you were someone else." I mumbled quietly, my cheeks burning.

The boy released a small chuckle, "It's no problem at all. You live here? Haven't seen you before." He said, and I nodded slowly, finally looking up to take in his features.

As said, this boy was tall, just like Dallon. His eyes were a dark brown color and his head was covered by a purple cap, but I could spot some darker, almost black hair sticking out of it. He had a sharp jawline and he was dressed in blue skinny jeans, a white buttoned up shirt that was tucked into his jeans and a leather jacket on top of that.

"I just moved here about two weeks ago." I told him.

"Oh, that's cool. What school d'you go to?" He asked me.

"Westside. And you?" I replied, and he told me he went to the music school nearby. He looked pretty and sang/played instruments? He already sounded like my dream date.

I totally forgot about the time talking to the handsome boy and suddenly I only had ten minutes before my first class would start. I desperately tried to end our conversation on a good note, but it just turned out badly. I simply just told him I had to go and he nodded, saying he had to rush too.

I had just hopped back onto my bike when he said, "Hey. I never got your name."

"Gabrielle." I told him, rather stressed. "And yours?" I shot him a little smile.

He smiled with his teeth this time and started moving as he said, "Gabriel. But I prefer Gabe."

+++

A/N: hello hello fyi I came up with this ending like just before posting this so sorry if it's trash lol. but i just wanted to say that i'm sorry this is moving pretty slow atm, i just feel like it's important to get to know all the characters a bit! i promise more stuff will happen soon, so bear with me!!

i hope you're enjoying this fanfic this far and i just want to say thank you for reading bc it means very very much to me. don't forget to vote and comment because i really need feedback on this. thank you and i hope you have a great day <3

-olivia