n i n e t e e n

I felt myself drifting off to sleep as the bell finally rang, signalizing that the last class of the day was over. I sighed and gathered my things, before me and Sarah followed Brendon and Spencer out of the classroom. The four of us walked down the hallway towards the lockers and I could already see Dallon waiting by mine.

A smile immediately spread across my lips that reached the top of my eyes and I speeded up my walk a little. Sarah had also spotted the tall creature waiting for me.

By the weeks that had passed, I was no longer afraid of showing how much Dallon meant to me and how happy he made me. Before, I didn't want to run into his arms when Sarah and definitely not when Brendon was watching. Brendon had probably been the biggest dick towards Dallon, behind his back of course. That's what made me disapprove him even more.

Now, I was practically jumping at Dallon when we finally reached the lockers. I wrapped my arms around the man's waist and leaned my head against his chest, taking in his scent. He, very carefully, hugged me back and I knew his eyes were facing the floor as he did. He didn't particularly enjoy being watched by hundreds of other students (which I didn't either). And we weren't imagining it, no, everyone was actually staring at us. Sarah could confirm that.

I finally pulled away from our hug and leaned my back against the hard surface of my locker. I looked over towards my friends. They were stood in the same position as when I left them, awkwardly fiddling with their hands and looking between each other.

I rose my eyebrows at Sarah when our eyes met and she looked down, before clearing her throat.

"Uh, hi Dallon." She spoke quietly and added a little wave as she gazed up at the taller man.

"Hey." Dallon responded casually, smiling faintly, before looking down at me.

I turned to unlock my locker, which made everyone even more uncomfortable. I could almost smell the tension in the air. Dallon discreetly shuffled closer to me, almost hiding. I didn't blame him.

"So uh, Dallon, is it you that's been stealing our friend during these past weeks?" Brendon suddenly said and I think most of us were a bit taken aback by that. After all, I wouldn't have expected him to even look at Dallon.

Dallon nervously chuckled a little. "That would be me." He responded and crossed his arms over his chest.

Brendon smiled smugly for some reason. "Oh, well, it's great to see that you've made such a good connection, but we miss our gal." He spoke, placing a hand on my shoulder. His sudden touch almost made me jump, since I hadn't noticed him getting closer.

Dallon nodded a little. "Yeah, I guess we'll have to share her." He said, sounding a bit more confident than before.

"Or, you could spend time with us, too." I quickly turned my head to the side to look at Brendon when he uttered those words. Had he hit his head? What was going on?

Brendon just rose an eyebrow at me, before looking back at Dallon. "That way, we'd both get to spend time with her and we'd get to know you a bit more." He said and I couldn't help but think he had somehow planned this, but I didn't say anything.

Dallon raised his shoulders into a shrug. "I suppose that's an idea." He said, his voice quiet again. I suspected we were thinking the same thing.

Brendon smirked. "Great. Then I'll see the two of you tomorrow." He stated and didn't wait for a reply before he swayed off. Sarah and Spencer said goodbye to us, before disappearing as well.

Dallon looked at me once they were out of eyeshot. "Well that was surprising." He muttered.

I just nodded and grabbed my backpack before locking my locker again. Tomorrow would be an interesting day.