t w e n t y s e v e n

8:17 pm.

I was laying down on my bed, still wearing my prom dress. The flowers Dallon had given me was standing in a vase on my desk. I caught a few glances of them every now and then, just to get thrown back into the moment were I was so excited, so happy, so lucky to have him back in my arms.

I moved my hand up to brush my fingers against my lips, were Dallon's had been, even if only for a brief moment. I closed my eyes and felt his scent, his body pressed against mine, the warmth of his hands resting around my waist...

I opened my eyes again.

For the past hour I'd been trying to figure out what I felt. I only felt numb. I didn't know what to think or what to do. All I could do was relive our almost-kiss.

I wondered what Dallon felt. What he was doing. If he was laying down in his bed as well, feeling just as numb as I did. Or if he was seated in his window with the bass in his hands, playing one of his songs to forget the things that had happened during the day. I didn't have the energy to actually get up and check.

My feelings for Dallon was... confusing. He made me feel like the happiest human being on earth, his soothing voice and electric touch could make me relax in a second. I never got tired of drowning in the ocean that were his eyes and his smile never failed to make me feel thousands of emotions all at once.

I loved him. He loved me. Even though we never actually exchanged those words the both of us just knew.

Love is a powerful word. It can mean so many different things to different people. For me, love is a connection between souls. Love is when you find someone who gives you a piece of your own soul that you never knew was missing.

That was what Dallon had given me. He had showed me a whole other place, a whole new world it felt like. A different perspective on seeing things. He had opened up my eyes to so many things. I could only hope I'd done the same for him.

Before I met Dallon I never really believed in soul mates. I never believed that there could be someone out there, who were like a reflection of yourself. But now I do. And I believe that Dallon is my soulmate. He is my everything, my second half. My best friend.

But soul mates are only with you for a short amount of time before it's time for them to go somewhere else and spread their light in the world. Soon enough, soul mates get separated from each other. And who knows when they'll see each other again?