s e v e n t e e n

When we came running down the stairs again, my mom had lit candles around the table and even placed some flowers on it. The food was placed on it as well and the steam from it was slowly rising to the ceiling. It looked cozy and very beautiful.

I sat down next to Josh and Dallon sat next to me, while my mother and father sat on the opposite side of the table. We all said grace together, mine and Dallon's hands intertwined just like they used to every other day, only this time it felt way more intimate. Then we began scooping food onto our plates. It was cooked chicken together with a beautiful salad, rice and a slightly spicy hot curry sauce. It smelled delicious and the taste was the same.

As we ate, my parents suddenly spoke up. "So Dallon, what do you like to do outside of school?" My mom asked.

Dallon looked around at everyone, before facing his food again. "Uh.. I enjoy playing the bass." He said and took a small bite of food. "And being with Gabrielle."

I blushed, and Josh teasingly nudged me in the side. I sent him a glare. My parents didn't seem to notice, which I was thankful for, and just smiled at each other.

"You play the bass, huh?" My dad said after a minute of thinking and Dallon nodded.

"Me and Josh have a studio not far from here. If you like, you can tag along with us there sometime and we could jam a little." My dad said and Josh nodded.

Dallon looked between the two of them several times, then at me, before looking back at my dad. "I'd love that, Tyler." He said with a smile. "Thank you, both of you."

The two bandmates just smiled and told him it was nothing.

+++

The night had passed by all too soon, which was making me sad. I was stood in the doorway, with my arms wrapped around Dallon's broad shoulders, leaning my head against his chest. He had brought his hands to rest just above the small of my back this time, as we slowly rocked back and forth.

Neither of us was in a hurry to let go of one another, but eventually we did. Dallon let his fingers run down my arm first, over my wrist and onto the palm of my hand before sliding off my fingers. His touch was always so intimate against my skin, it was constantly this slow and sensual feeling to it that made me weak.

I always gave him permission to touch me, because I knew that physical touch was something that was good for you. And Dallon hadn't been getting to touch people a lot in his life. I don't understand how growing up must've been for him.

Our eyes locked together again, and his blue eyes stared deeply into mine as he said, "Thank you for a wonderful night, Gabrielle."

I smiled at the taller man and had to resist the urge to throw my arms around his neck again. I was already aching for him. "Thank you too, Dallon. Will I see you in school tomorrow?" I asked and crossed my arms over my chest.

He nodded and shifted from side to side. "You certainly will." He smiled, before he waved goodbye to my parents in the kitchen. He then pushed the door open and stepped outside in the cold.

I watched him leave and didn't take my eyes off of him before he finally reached his front door. I pulled ours closed and leaned against it, sighing happily.

This had been a very successful night.

"Nice guy," Josh said from the counter with a grin. "You like him?"

My lips automatically tugged up into a smile. They had a tendency to do that whenever someone mentioned Dallon. "I do."

"Romantically?" Josh asked with curious eyes. My parents were just listening.

I shrugged a little. "Me and Dallon share something. I can't say it's love..."
I muttered as the thoughts wandered around my head. "But whatever it is, I never want to lose it. I never want to lose him."