Chapter 13.

Ashton's POV:

"Where is Calum?" I asked Luke as I closed the door behind me, we were hanging out with some friends at his house.

"He just got out to buy pizza." He said.

"Okay, thanks" I told him and walked to the couch. As it seemed to be quite of a lazy day, I turned on the tv and waited till everyone was here. I just came earlier to help Luke to get the stuff ready.

I took my phone of my back pocket and after texting Emma, I decided to text Maddy as well. I wanted her to know that I would solve whatever was going on, and that I cared about her, that he could trust in me.

To: Maddy

Im talking with Cal tonight. X

After flipping through the channels I gave up and left some cooking show I found.

-

I woke up at the sound of the bell ringing, it was already 7pm and I just fall asleep on Luke's couch. By now I guessed Calum was already here, as well as everyone else. I walked to the kitchen to find Ethan, Connor and Tyler. I talked with them for some minutes while helping Luke get the table ready.

"Food is readyyyy" Luke shouted loud enough to make the whole city knew food was ready. Calum got in the little kitchen and we all sat down.

Half an hour later and the pizza boxes were empty, the table was a mess. The guys helped with the dishes, although Liz wanted to do it herself but they wouldn't let her.. Now it was time to talk with Calum.. I followed him as he walked up stairs and into Luke's bedroom. I knocked and he answered. "Come in"

I opened the door and he turned around to see me. He had some joysticks in his hands. I got in the room and sat down in Luke's bed, Calum's gaze following me.

"Are you okay?" I asked, and he just nodded at me. "What's going on with Maddy?" I asked him once again. Deep silence filled the room, making him talk about her was worst than I thought..

"Umm" His voice was low. "You know, everything was great with her but now we barely talk or hang out like before.." He said looking down at his hands. "I might sound like a dick but this has been happening ever since you two started hanging out. I mean I'm great with that but-" He told me, his voice getting lower as he said the last words.

"Well you should know we are hanging out because we hadn't seen each other in a while" I said. He nodded looking at the floor, it was like this didn't make sence at all. "Listen, Maddy is like my little sister and the only reason I am hanging out with her now is because I missed her.."

"It doesn't seems like it.." He whispered.

"What? Wait wait, are you jealous of me hanging out with her?"

"No, no. I'm- I understood that you liked her but nevermind, I understand now" He said.

"Now that you know I don't like her, everything is better?" I asked, waiting for him to say yes so 

"I guess.." Was his answer, still looking at his feet which seemed pretty interesting by now. "Anyway I'm sure she hates me now"

"I wouldn't be so sure about that.." I said.

"Why do you say that? She clearly prefers you-" He said but I interrupted him.

"Arghh come on! There is nothing between us, just a lost frienship.. I love her as a sister and she means everything, and she thinks the same about me. You can be mad at me, but you shouldn't be mad at her"

"Whatever.." He said turning back and facing the tv.

"Don't you just get it?" I asked almost frustrated because of the situation.

"Get what?"

"That she doesn't hates you, dammit! She likes you Calum" I almost blurted out without thinking, when I finally realized about it I wanted the ground to swallow me up.

Sooner or later, he is going to know about it anyway. If Maddy knew I told him, she would kill me.. But at least now it won't be so awkward, right?