Chapter 3.

"No." I replied. I was just pissed I wasn't trying to be rude or anything. It was not the perfect moment to talk to someone. I tried to clean away the tears left on my cheeks without making it obvious.

"I'm- I'm really sorry... I didn't see you walking." I could recognize that it was a male voice, I was kind of confused.

"Yeah, never nobody sees me" I murmured

"It wasn't my intention to throw it to you, I'm really sorry" he said all at once really quickly still from behind me.

"Um, who are you?" I asked still confused as I turned around looking at his brown eyes, the same brown eyes I looked just some minutes ago.

"Oh I'm Calum" he introduced himself. I didn't speak, I kept looking at him. "You must be new in here.."

"Calum what?"

"Hood, Calum Hood."

"Ohh" I whispered, I was just waiting for him to walk away. There was a short awkward silence between us. But why was he here? If it was just for making fun of me once more I would punch him to be honest. He sat beside me. I moved a bit away from him till the end of the bench.

"And what's your name?" The boy asked me. Woahh he makes fun of me and now why is he even back here? Its not so easy my friend.

"Madison. But call me Maddy, I hate being called by my full name" I admitted. Then think about what I just said. I was getting uncomfortable.

"So... um, Maddy where are you from?" How he even knew that I wasn't from here? I tried to avoid his question, in the only thing I was right now thinking about was in taking a shower. I'm all covered by this milkshake, my hair is a mess and I'm freezing. Plus I tried calling the girls but none of them would answer me, 'Pick up please' I thought to myself.

"Ermm?" he asked again.

"Oh um, yeah I'm from Perth and I just moved in here" I told him without thinking so maybe he could shut up and get bored of me. What did he even wanted...

"Alone?"

"No with my two friends and one of their boyfriends" I tried to smile, eyes still focused on my phone. I wanted to get out from here. I continued trying to call Hale, but nothing, once again I listened to her voicemail. So I started texting her as Calum talked to me.

"Who?" He asked.

"That's not your business.. Is this a questionnaire or something?" I snapped back looking at his eyes now.

"Woahh I was just asking, I don't know making you cry made me feel really ba-"

"I don't need you to feel pity for me okay?" I interrupted him looking back at my phone and kept on texting. "And no, I wasn't crying" I said sounding quite rude, like it was the last time I was opening my mouth to talk to him. Calum stayed by my side for another two minutes in which both of us were in completely silence. "..His name is Nick"

"Nick? Wait, Nick Coleman?"

"Yeah, you know him?" I looked up from my phone after what seemed like forever.

"Yeahhh he is a really good friend of mine, and he told me that his girlfriend was coming here"

"I see" I said looking into the distance.

"So are you now living with your boyfriend?" He asked.

"Boyfriend?" I said confused.

"I meant Nick"

"Oh no, he is my best friend's boyfriend" I explained, and he seemed to say something which I didn't get to hear.

"What?" I asked

"Um nothing.." He said, a big sigh leaving his lips. Carrying on a conversation with hum seemed pretty complicated, "How long are you staying here?"

"I don't know but I wish we could stay.." I told him, I wouldn't start talking about my life. Maybe Sydney turns out to be great and staying won't be such a problem.

"Ohh really? Because it's getting pretty cold to stay in a park at night.." He said making me smile as he was talking about now and not Sydney, great.

"To be honest I don't even know where I am, first day and I'm already.. lost" I told him.

"Oh, would you like coming home as an apologize? The boys must also apologize" asked Calum.

"You think im going to the house of the first stranger I see right?"

"Come on I'm Nick's friend! You can change your clothes and then I'll take you to Nicks'"

"And I must believe that you are Nick's friend?" I looked at him

"If you don't trust me then I can just leave you here all alone by yourself, you choose.." This boy was really making me choose between going to his house or leaving me here alone in the cold? Gueez, what was I supposed to do?

"Ughh ok" I said looking at my phone before standing up from the bench. Maybe the girls texted back or called, but I was wrong plus my phone was almost dead and it was pretty dark. I followed him, the whole trip was quite silent. We finally arrived his house, he let me in and we went to what seemed the kitchen.,

"Why so much hurry?" I asked as he looked around while getting inside.

"I don't know if someone is home and I don't want them to watch us together, I mean, I want to be with you, I mean not like that but- nothing" He told me.

"Mr. Hood is hiding me from his parents then?"

"How did you just called me?"

"Mr. Hood, is it bad?" I asked confused.

"Oh no, I loved it." He looked into my eyes. I couldn't stop looking at his.. Even though he was selfish, he was quite.. cute? He ran over the kitchen, grabbed two glasses of water and in a spite of a minute he was back next to me. We walked upstairs and into what I realized it was his bedroom. He left the room leaving me alone. As a stalker myself, I took a quick glance through the pictures over his bedside table. Just making sure there was nothing suspicious or creepy about him... I spotted Nick in one of the pictures, a bunch with a girl whom seemed to be his sister and a bunch with other people.

Calum appeared again in the door "Um, here is a shirt from my sister" He told me, handing it over to me. He walked over to his cupboard, took out an oversized jumper and throw it on top of his bed. "The bathroom is over there" He pointed at a door inside his room, "I will be waiting outside anyways" He said as he left the room.

I got dressed and the next half an hour while my phone was getting charged, we talked. He told me about his family and his sister, the same I spotted back at his photos. He also apologized for the millionth time. We talked about everything and nothing. In a matter of minutes I knew a bunch of stuff about him while he barely knew about me.

After a long non-stop chatting a thin silence filled the room. I looked back at my phone to find it half way charged, four missing calls and other seven texts. Some from Hale and anothers from Acacia. I answered one for them not to worry and asked Calum to walk me home. He tried to make me stay a bit more to continue our conversation but I really wanted to leave. I wasn't feeling good at all and I was very tired. 

In matter of minutes we were at the front door, the road back home seemed much shorter than I remembered.

"Once more, sorry for what happened today" He said turning back before going.

"It's okay Calum, really" I smiled sincerely this time before he walked away.