Chapter 14.

"Caci hand me the salt please" I asked her as Hale sat at the table. "Thank you".

We finished eating Nick's specialty, pasta. Well maybe it was the only thing he was able to cook but whatever, it tasted really good. We kept on talking about going to the grocery later this week..

After almost half an hour of lying in the couch and typing on my phone the list of stuff we should buy, we used Caci's laptop to check emails and any other arrangements for finishing high school this year in Sydney. It wasn't a lot of stuff to work on but it was pretty serious. The three of us decided on attending the same high school and since Hale already had an scholarship for college she would help me and Caci with our studies.

"I will pray for us to be in the same classes" Hale said, she was really shy when it came to this kind of stuff.

"Then keep on praying, you are in almost every single advanced class" Acacia joked, which was certainly true.

"We will get along easily don't worry about it, we are still in vacation.." I smiled to her. The door bell rang and we all watch each other, no one wanted to stand up. After it rang again and Caci stood up.

"You know what you're going to use tonight?" She asked but before I was able to talk she kept on talking, "I don't know yet so you must help me, okay?" She begged.

"Yeah, I will nevi-" I said.

"Madison come over here! Someone is looking for you!" Caci shouted at me from the front door.

I rolled my eyes and Hale giggled knowing she got what she wanted, not that I was much of a help when it came towards clothes but whatever.. I stood up from the couch and as I started walking over to the door, Hale threw me a cushion. I picked it up and threw it back over to her. In half of the way, Caci passed by me with a smile on her face. When I reached the door my jaw almost dropped when I saw Calum standing out there.

"Um hey" He said, but I didn't answer back. "I talked to Ashton.. and I'm sorry for being such a dick these past days."

"Yeah you better"

"I just want apologize, really. I never meant to be mad at you, I'm a jerk" He said. "Maddy I just want to tell you that l-" He kept talking in a husky voice. I smiled at him and almost threw myself over him to hug him.

"I'm really sorry" He whispered on my ear as he hugged me back.

"It's okay, I might had been quite of a bitch too" I said smiling as we broke the hug.

"Friends?" He asked me.

nOPE. "Yes" I said. As long as we wouldn't be mad or trying to avoid each other I was fine with it.

"So.. Do you wanna go for a walk?" He asked looking down at his feet and back at the road.

"Sure, but first-" I grabbed his hand and let him in. We were all still in our pajamas but I wouldn't mind, he would get used to. "Wait here" I told him as I quickly went upstairs.

I threw a clean shirt over my head and slipped my vans on. I still had my pajama bottoms but I didn't care at all. Anyways when I'm back I'm getting a shower. I quickly brushed my teeth, threw my hair up in a ponytail and walked downstairs. I found Calum lying against the wall looking down at his phone, I took his hand in mine and we both walked out of the house.

"This is nice" I said breathing in the fresh air.

"What's nice?" He asked.

"Hanging out again.. Talking, you know.." I admitted.

"Yeah" He said smiling down at me.

After almost an hour of talking we were eating ice cream under a tree, which now Calum decided to call it our park. There was less people compared to the last time we were there, so it was quite nice..

"Wanna have dinner at mines'?" Calum asked me as we stood up from the tree, we had been talking a lot and the conversation got pretty interesting so I wouldn't mind to keep it on going, till I remembered..

"Arghh I can't tonight, I'm sorry" I said pouting.

"What are you doing?" He asked me pretty curious.

"Why suddenly so interested?" I teased, "I'm having dinner with Caci and Hale" I explained.

"Best friends take care of each other, right?" He smiled at me. Right, best friends. He was being as overprotective as Ashton.. I nodded lightly as we kept walking.

"And where are you guys going?" He asked.

"Calum." I looked at him, with that look he understood that maybe he should stop asking.

"Yeah, sorry" He grunted making me giggle, he was such a child.. "Anyway have fun little nugget" He said as we reached Nick's door.

"Goodbye Hood" I smiled at him.

"Au revoir!" He said planting a kiss on my forehead.