Chapter Seven

"And done" Elena said as she put the last photo and took a few steps back to examine her work.

"CARLOS! Come and see my work" She yelled and soon enough she heard footsteps before her room's door opened and Carlos came in.

"You really like taking photos, that's for sure" That was his first comment when he saw the wall.

"There are lots of photos everywhere" Leo said as he walked past Carlos and stood beside Elena looking at the wall.

"I like taking photos," She shrugged then said, "My friends called and said they sent my camera and when I received it, I thought why don't I decorate my room to give it more life"

"So who's the guy?" Leo asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Which one?" Elena asked as she turned and pointed at a guy with dirty blonde hair and light blue eyes, "This is Jason and the one with slightly brown curls and green eyes is Vince and the last one with the caramel colored hair and the blue eyes is Neil. Those idiots are my friends" She finished proudly.

"What about the other guy?" Leo asked casually as he saw the smile she once had, had slipped away and was replaced with a frown.

"What do you mean?" Elena asked as she giggled uneasily trying to play it cool.

"Don't play dumb. There's someone who has his arm around you but you clearly tore apart his face from this photo" Leo stated, aiming at one particular picture.

"He's a nobody" Elena said through gritted teeth, her whole body stiff.

Instantly, Leo gave her his million dollar smirk

"Obviously he's someone you like or at least someone you used to like.. So tell me, I'm really curious to know, is he your ex-boyfriend, gattina (kitten)?"

"Don't you think it's a little rude to ask about someone's personal life, Mr. Mafia Boss? Besides, it's none of your business" Elena plastered a fake smile on her face and answered Leo, she didn't want him to get suspicious and start to ask questions about her past.

Leo stared at her for a few minutes, she could feel his intense glare burning holes in the side of her head but she kept her eyes glued to the floor.

Carlos cleared his throat trying to break the awkward silent between them

"So.... Uhm... I'm hungry, let's eat" Carlos suggested, smiling at Elena

Elena perked up immediately when she heard him saying 'let's eat' and looked at Carlos, returning his smile

"Ok, but first let's take our first picture as friends in this camera" She gestured for Carlos to come closer and said,

"DUCK FACE!!" She yelled.

They looked at the photo, Carlos had a cheeky smile on his face, Elena with a duck face and Leo with his usual bored expression.

Elena rolled her eyes and looked at Leo, then said,

"Hey dude, do you know how to smile?" She asked, then handed the camera to Carlos and turned to look at Leo, she put both of her thumbs up at each corner of his lips and lifted them up in an attempt to make him smile but she made the mistake when she looked at his eyes, there was an unreadable look as he gazed at her. They stared at each other for a few seconds until they heard the click of the camera.

They looked at Carlos who was smiling at them like an idiot,

"Sorry, I just had to take this photo, you looked cute together"

"Shut up!" Both Leo and Elena said in unison

He laughed then said,

"Let's go and eat, I'm starving"