Chapter Fourteen

It's been two hours since Leo called Carlos and told him to come to his house saying he didn't know what to do in situations like this and he didn't know how to comfort a crying woman.

And it's been an hour and a half since Carlos came, he and Leo sat on the same couch facing Elena who sat on an other one.

Carlos looked at Leo and mouthed, 'Ask her what happened'

Leo nodded then looked at Elena who was hugging her knees closer to her chest as she put her chin on top of her knees and sobbed

"So.. You know Matthew?" As soon as he finished the question, Elena stiffened and she started to cry harder while Carlos elbowed him muttering something along the lines 'Way to go dumbass'

"I.. I mean, you don't know him? No that's not what I meant.. Uh.. Do you want to talk about it?"

Elena let out a small laugh at Leo's stammering causing him to smile

"Wait a minute" Elena said as she walked towards the stairs and up to her room, she returned, seconds later, with a medium-sized box, she sat beside Leo and opened it.

She handed Leo some papers and he looked at them, they all were pieces of articles.

Elena Ross, the heiress of Ross companies and chain of hotels, was found beaten to death in a hotel room

He grabbed another paper and read the headline

Elena Ross is now at the hospital in a private section with more than 20 guard and police officer all over the place.

A source said: She was found like that by her friends who took her to the hospital immediately

It's been 3 Days and no one knows Elena's condition yet

His expression grew more confused with every article he read. Leo looked at her, silently asking what was going on..

"I used to date him, Matthew Rozalis was my boyfriend" Elena stated causing Carlos to stare at her with wide eyes and Leo to clench his jaw

"We first met when we ran into each other and he snapped at me, I did the same and soon we were both fighting. At first, I didn't know that he was dangerous and he liked the fact that I didn't show him any fear so..." a single tear ran down her cheek but she wiped it quickly, "So he started showing up wherever I went, bit by bit I started to like his company. He always said that I was his princess and that's why I despise that nickname so much"

"So what happened?" Carlos asked

"All of that changed in one night,"Elena shuddered as she started to recall what happened that night, "We went to a party, he got drunk and we fought"

"Why the hell did you punch the guy?"

"I saw him fucking flirting with you, what did you want me to do?! Stay calm and watch?!!"

"You're being ridiculous, Matt. He asked me a question, he didn't do anything wrong"

"And now you're defending him!!"

"You know what? You're acting like a child right now" She said then turned around to walk out the room but his hand grasped her wrist, stopping her

"Where do you think you're going?"

"You're drunk and angry so I'll leave you now and we'll talk about it tomorrow"

"No. You're not going anywhere"

Her own anger started to boil at his actions and she found herself raising her voice