22

"Milla you better get into this car right now or you are grounded for the rest of your life" my mum yelled from across the street.

I knew I should probably not question her right now because I could literally see smoke coming out her nose.

I stumbled toward her and the car that was parked on the opposite side of where I was standing.

I opened the car door to get into the passenger seat, feeling my mums eyes boring a hole into my head with her hard stare.

"What is wrong with you?!?!" She yelled as I buckled myself in. "Are you crazy? I've been looking for you all night Milla!" She yelled at me.

I tried to block her out but it was quite hard when she was yelling right into my ear.

But that's when j began sobbing. I couldn't hold back the tears anymore. I just cried. I cried it all out.

My mums glare turned into a stare with sympathy and worry. "Honey?" She asked "why are you crying?" She softly asked, her voice changing a whole lot from just a few seconds ago.

"I just lost my best friend" I mumbled through tears.

"What? Mathilda? That isn't possible you guys have been friends since you were little. Nothing can break you two apart" she said, bringing her hand up to whip some of my tears away.

"Well I did the one thing that could break our friendship. I did the absolute worst thing" I cried.

"What did you do Milla?" She asked me, clearly confused of what I did.

I was mentally debating with myself whether or not I should tell her. Disadvantages

But I decided it would be for the best if I did.

"I-I slept with" I was cut off by my mum's phone ringing.

I think that damn phone just saved me from doing the worst mistake I could ever do. I mean it's bad enough to sleep with your best friend's dad. But to admit it to your mum is just a whole new level of stupid.

"Hold on for a second" she said, picking up the phone before taping it and bringing it to her ear.

"Yeah I found her, she is fine, I'm taking her back home to mine" she said. I was assuming she was talking to my dad.

She took the phone away from her ear and put the phone down.

"What were you saying?" She questioned.

I shook my head and turned to look out the window.

She nodded slightly and started the car.

I think this was the longest car ride I've ever had. Not because of the distance but because of the excruciating silence. I could easily hear my heart beat and I was convinced I could hear my mother's too.

When we got home I tried to get to my room as fast as I could but was stopped my mum's yelling.

I didn't answer. I just walked up the stairs in silence, dragging one foot after the other.

"You are grounded for a month!" My mum yelled.

I groaned in response, not really caring, it's not like I'll ever leave the house again after what happened tonight.

When I came to my room I fell into my bed. I wasn't sleeping nor awake really.

My eyes were closed and all the sound that was whirling around me, I blocked out.

But then I felt something vibrate from beside my head.

I took no notice of it and ignored it.

But the vibrations wouldn't stop.

I cracked open one of my eyes to see where the vibration was coming from and saw that my phone was the thing causing the movement.

I propped myself up on my elbows and grabbed my phone.

(5) missed calls Luke

Luke: I need to talk to you

Luke: Call me back

Luke: answer your phone Milla!!!!

Luke: Please answer me

What was the matter with him?

I slid my thumb over his missed calls and my phone started calling him.

Beep...beep...beep.

"Milla, finally!" He spoke

"What do you want to talk about" I huffed, not really in the mood for talking to anyone right now, but I must admit hearing his voice after so long is amazing.

"Milla you told Mathilda" he whispered into the phone.

I nodded, soon realising that he can't see me.

"Why?" He asked

"I couldn't lie to her anymore Luke! She is my best friend and the guilt was killing me" I said into the phone, tears threatening to come out of my eyes again.

Damn I am way to emotional right now. Pull yourself together Milla.

"She came home screaming and yelling and telling me she is moving out because she can't see my face without thinking I'm a disgusting human being" he exclaimed, his voice vulnerable and shaky, as if he is on the verge of crying.

"But-but where would she stay?" I asked, obviously concerned about her well being and where she would stay.

I would offer her to stay here but there is no way in hell she will accept my request.

"Her mother's" he sighed.

I could hear that he was obviously very very hurt about her decision and I wanted nothing more than to comfort him right now, hold him in my arm, whisper in his ear and tell him it's alright.

"I am so sorry Luke I didn't know she would want to move out" I apologised.

"No it's not your fault. It had to happen sometime. Better now than later" he said.

"Is there anything I can do?" I asked

"No" he said coldly.

I nodded, knowing that he couldn't see me.

"I have to go Milla" he sighed.

"Okay" I nodded

"I love you" I whispered

And then the line was dead.

____________________
Update!

Wow

Shit getting real.

Hope you guys liked this chapter
If you did feel free to leave a comment and don't forget to vote

Love you guys!

-Fie👨🏽