The Bet and the Dare; part 23 (Yes! writer's block sorta over-ish!)

Kal

As Greyson drove us back to the hotel from Daddy's house, I sat curled up in a small, stressed ball and stared blindly forward at the traffic. I had thought if I found out the truth, it would everything better, all the pain and the hurt would go away. But it didn't, and for that I felt ridiculous. It felt stupid that April's actions would even cause me pain, but they did, and I couldn't make it go away for some unidentified reason.

"Kalshan. Kal." Grey gave me a little shake and I was jerked from my thoughts. Slowly, I uncurled myself and got out of the car, my door already opened by the hotel employee. We still didn't talk as we took the elevator up to our floor, but the air was charged with a certain energy. Not just sexual, though in the enclosed space there was certainly plenty of that, but an energy that charged the air with knowing. We both knew how the other was feeling. Betrayed, sickened.

"Come on," Grey murmured as the door slid open. We walked down the hall to our room, Grey's hand resting lightly at my waist. It felt good, having his hand there. And I realized what I needed was a good, thorough, fuck. It would loosen me up, take my mind off the situation. And Greyson was just the person for the job. I think he had an idea of what I was thinking because he looked down at me and had a look in his eyes like he knew. He unlocked the door and we both walked in.

"Come here," I commanded. Greyson raided an eyebrow, but did as I commanded. I pushed him up against the wall and started kissing him seriously, making my intent known. I didn't care if it hadn't been six weeks. I didn't care about the bet anymore. It seemed so stupid now. When Greyson didn't respond I bit his lip hard so he was shocked into opening my mouth. He moaned quietly when I allowed my tongue entrance. Cloths were quickly stripped off until I was left in only a pair of lacy undies and the matching bra and he was in a pair of blue, plaid boxers.

We rolled onto the bed, Greyson getting on top and pinning me down by gripping my thighs with his so I couldn't move. I moved my hands to his boxers and, abruptly, the kissing stopped. Greyson sat up, still straddling me, but he had stopped kissing me. I tried to grab his neck and pull him down, but he wouldn't allow it.

"This isn't happening right now," he told me. I rolled my eyes and sat up so he wasn't looking down at me.

"Why the hell not?" I snapped back. I looked down deliberately. "You obviously want to." He gripped my hips and dragged them closer to his. My breath caught in my throat as my body started to warm up. He didn't go any farther though.

"Yes, but I'm not fond of taking advantage of girls," he told me in an easy voice.

"I'm sober, I got enough sleep, I'm on birth control..." before I could list any more reasons he shut me up with a finger to my lips.

"And you're in an extremely unstable emotional state. If you have sex me with now, you'll hate me and yourself later." He moved from on top of me and I almost grabbed him to force his delicious weight back onto me. But I resisted. Who says I don't have self control?

"I'm going to take a shower. Think about it, why you really want to have sex with me. If it's for a real reason, and being horny as hell counts as a real reason, then by all means, come join me. However, if it's because you want a mind-numbing fuck to lose the memories of the last few days, go running. It works much the same without all the emotional shit." With that, he walked into the bathroom.

Grey

Obviously I was hoping it was just that Kal needed some sex, but I didn't really think that was the reason. I groaned quietly to myself as I walked into the bathroom and closed the door. I had just missed a most opportune moment to have Kal, and I had turned it down. I was officially a pansy. Trying to shrug it off, I turned on the shower and stepped under the spray. My eyes closed and my head dipped back. Of course, behind my eyelids sat a picture of Kalshan, bothered and ready, straddled under me. With a frustrated sigh I turned the water on as cold as it would go. I still needed to visit Belle, dammit.

________________________________________________________________________________

Yee! I kind of managed to sort of write. Sorry it's not totally appropriate, and I know it's just an entire page about, like, sex, sort of, but it's a serious turning point in Grey and Kal's relationship as you'll find out in part 24. So bear with me. xoxo~Ash