The Bet and the Dare; part 37

Kal

I managed to avoid too much questioning until lunch when everyone was there at the café, hovering. Asking questions. Finally, Caleb shut everyone up with just a wave of his hand. I didn't know how he did it, but Caleb had this specific talent for controlling the attention of a room, and he used that talent now.

"Quiet down," he ordered in a quiet voice. But our entire group quieted down, along with the rest of the café. Everyone looked over at us, all attention was on me. I glared at Caleb who merely shrugged. He was kind of the leader of the group, and as such, leader of the school. And, I could tell, he, too, was morbidly curious.

"So, where were you and Greyson, Kalshan?" he asked. "We're all dying to know." I kept my mouth firmly shut. April leaned over and whispered in my ear,

"If you don't say anything, people will assume it's worse than it is." I wasn't sure it could be worse than it was.

"I was in LA with family if you all must know," I answered in a flippant tone. "And I don't want to talk about it. In case no one heard, my mother was found murdered. I would think you all could have some modicum of respect for my situation." With that, I stood, whirled around, and left the café.

Grey

Ring, ring. Ring, ring. Ring, ring. Hey, you've reached Kalshan, leave a message and I'll get back to you as soon as I can. Beep

I threw my cell phone down in frustration. She needed to answer her goddamn phone! I needed her to answer. He'd gone after Charlie, now he'd be after me. And Kal.

______________________________________________________________

I know, it's short. Deal with it. but it needed to be.This part sets the rest up for the end. muhahaha.