Chapter 1

“Harry” my mother yelled as she opened my bedroom door.  I pulled the covers over the top of my head forming a cocoon.  “Harry, get up now or you will be late for school, now come on!” 

After a few minutes and a few more groans from me, my mother took it upon herself to start tugging my blankets removing me from my safe and comfortable surroundings.  A tug of war battle ensued, to which of course she gladly took victory.  I grinned at the sight of my mother with her joyous victory smile on her face.  “Oh Harry, it’s so nice to see you smiling” she beamed.

And with that she walked out of my room allowing me to get ready.

Thirty minutes, a shower, a once over in the mirror and a quick bite to eat, I was out the door hopping into the front seat of my best friend’s car. 

“Are you excited for our first day back?” Louis said while tapping me on the knee.  I put on a fake smile that wouldn’t even fool a stranger and rolled my eyes.  “It will be ok Harry.  We can avoid Josh.  You will barely even know he is around.” Louis said trying to comfort me.

“It’s not that easy Lou.  I still love him with all my heart.  Why couldn’t it work out?  Why would he not be willing to love me like I loved him?  This year is going to kill me.  I know I am going to see him every day.  It will be like someone punching me in the gut.” I struggled to say with tears beginning to form in my eyes.

Louis rubbed my back, gave me a quick hug and with that we were off to pick up Zayn and Liam.

“It’s a good thing you two live next door to each other, saves on gas.” Louis says to Zayn and Liam as they hop into the back seat.

“How are you doing Harry” Zayn quietly asks. To which I just sighed.  “It will be ok, mate” Liam states as he rubs my shoulders from the back seat.

The ride to school was loud as usual.  Louis, Zayn and Liam were laughing and joking around and if this were two months ago I would have been right in the middle of it all.  But now, all I could do was stare out the window as we passed through the center of the town we were all born and raised in.  I was sure this pain would never go away.  I knew the boys caught on because I would get the occasional nudge or hair tousle or pinch from them to try to lighten my mood.  I knew that I was so lucky to have these three with me through all of this.  We have been friends since we were toddlers and I was grateful they stood by me to lend their support.

Ugh, we have arrived.