Chapter 6

Niall and I walk through the door of the house.  His hand lightly grazing the small of my back.  I am definitely enjoying the attention I am receiving from him but I just can’t really bring myself to return it. 

As we are making our way to the kitchen to grab some beers everyone is saying hi to him.  He is getting pats on the shoulders, high fives, fist bumps, “Hello’s”, “What’s ups”, “heys” and so on.  I know he has made quite a lot of friends already in the short amount of time he has been here, but my goodness!  It seems as if everyone knows him and they all want to be near him.

We finally reach the kitchen and Niall hands me a beer.  He leans in to my ear, I feel his warm breath on my neck.  It sends shivers down my spine. 

“I’m going to the bathroom, I’ll meet you in the living room, ok…”he states

I smile and nod, and make my way in and sit on one of the sofas after first stepping over several couples who looked as if they may need to be surgically removed from each other’s faces.  I roll my eyes at the site. 

I am waiting patiently for Niall to return and I look up to see the boys had finally made it.  They see me instantly and all come over.  I let out a sigh of relief.  I’m glad now that I’ll have someone to talk to.

“Hey, mate!” Louis says and gives me hug.

“So, you and Niall on a date!?!?” remarks Liam with a wink.

I roll my eyes and shrug my shoulders.

“This is a good thing Haz.” Zayn says joining me on the sofa.

“Guys I know.  I know that Niall is an amazing guy and he has been incredibly sweet to me and his personality is amazing and he looks amazing.  I know I should be jumping all over him….”

Before I could continue the boys look at me with raised eye brows and smirks and begin to chuckle and Zayn nudges my shoulder.

“You guys are sick!  That is not what I meant.  I meant I should be jumping at the chance to go out with him….but why is this still so difficult?”

Zayn wraps his arm around my shoulder comforting me.

“It’ll get better Harry, trust that.” Louis says with a smile.

“Well, I don’t know about you but I’m going to get drunk!” Louis exclaims and Liam and Zayn follow him to the drinks.

“You going to be good here, Haz” asks Liam.

“Yeah, of course.  You guys go and get drinks.  Niall just went to the bathroom.  He should be back any moment.”

I am sitting alone again.  Random people say hello and I smile back.  I’m starting to wonder what is taking Niall so long.  I decide to look around the house to find him.

He wasn’t in the bathroom or in the long line waiting for the bathroom.  He wasn’t in the kitchen or in the small office that I came across and he wasn’t in the dining room.  I notice another room off to the left with sliding doors that are partially closed.  I can see a bunch of people in there as I reach the opening.  I push apart the two doors so that I can have a better look.  I immediately see Niall in the corner talking to some people.   A few seconds later Niall turns his head and sees me and that amazing smile appears on his face.  He cuts off the person talking with a “Sorry, I have to go, but it was nice talking to you and I’ll see ya Monday, yeah.”   And quickly joined me. 

(A/N - I am for the most part writing this story in Harry’s POV, but I will occasionally add in Niall’s.  f.y.i !)