Chapter 2

As soon as we all got out of the car and headed for the front doors of the school, I saw him.  My heart sank and I just froze.  I hadn’t seen or spoken with him since the breakup just over a month ago.  The boys didn’t notice that I was still as a statue.  “…uh..Harry??” Zayn stated when he eventually noticed I wasn’t at their sides and walked back to where I was.  Louis then noticed what had me immobile.  He came back to where I was standing and just put his arm around my shoulder.  “It will be ok, Haz, trust me” he said. 

“So much for your theory of being able to avoid him, Lou” I replied.  I continued to walk and headed on into the school passing Josh along the way.  He smiled politely at me and I could have fainted right there.

Why did he have to do that?  Why couldn’t he have looked the other way?  Why couldn’t he just realize how much pain I was still in and not smile at me with that smile that sends my heart racing and makes my knees weak?  I use to whisper into his ear all the time that his smile would be the death of me.  Why would he do that to me?

 ‘He is not intentionally trying to do that’ I had to tell myself.  As hard as the break was on me, I knew it was hard for him to.  But I knew, just like he did, that he would never be able to Love me the way I did him.

The one thing that made me happy was that all four of us had the first class, English III, together.  It would be a good start to each day.  As we walked into the class about to occupy desks the teacher, Ms. Hayden, stated that each student’s name was already on an assigned table; two students per table.  Liam and Zayn were lucky enough to be able to sit together.  Louis was sat next to his girlfriend Eleanor.  ‘How did they all end up so lucky?’ I thought to myself.  There was only my name at my table. 

I looked up and wanted to literally become invisible.  Josh walked into the class.  The boys gave me an apologetic look which I responded to by taking a deep breath.  Luckily he was sat on the other side of the room.

About 20 minutes into class there was a knock on the door.  The principal walked in and announced that there was a new student joining the class.  Just as he finished, in walked this boy, with what seemed like all the confidence in the world.  He smiled at every one and waved.  He seemed really happy and carefree.  I know if I was walking into a new school, I would not be as such.

“Why don’t you introduce yourself to the class and tell us where you’re from and tell us a little about yourself” Ms. Hayden said.

“Yeah, sure.” The boy replied.  “Right, well my name is Niall Horan.  I’m 17 and I just moved here from Ireland. “

I had to admit that he was pretty good looking and his accent was really great.  I noticed Louis looking at me raising his eyebrows up and down and smirking.  I rolled my eyes and continued to look and listen to Niall.

“What are some of your hobbies, Niall” Ms. Hayden asked.

“Well, I play the guitar, a lot and I like football” he replied.

“Thank you for sharing Niall.  You may take that empty seat over there” she told him while pointing to the table I sat at alone.

He walked over to the table and sat down, looked at me and held out his hand to shake mine.  “Hey. I’m Niall and you are?” he asked.  “I’m Harry” I said as I took his hand.  Something in me felt weird when I touched his hand, and caused me to take a deep breath.  And then I looked into eyes.  Amazingly blue eyes and just stared.

“Uh, Harry, are you all right?” he asked tapping me on the shoulder waking me from my daze.  “Oh, right, Sorry.  Just spaced it for a moment.  It’s nice to meet you.” I said while turning my head quickly so he would not notice the shade of red that my cheeks where surely turning.