Chapter 4

The next few weeks of school passed fairly quickly.  The routine was the same.  I was getting closer and closer with Niall and it was really nice.  I really did like him and his company.  I was pretty sure he had feelings for me as well.  He was always finding way to touch me, he would look into my eyes with longing and our hugs became more frequent and lasted longer. 

Niall and I walked to and from school every day now and the boys were happy that I may finally be getting over Josh.  I did feel better when I was with Niall and Josh seemed to be a distant memory.  However, when I would be in my room alone with my thoughts, Josh would be the starring role.

I tried to avoid him as best as I could while at school.  By this time, it appeared he was completely over me.  He would say hello like it was no big deal as we passed in the halls or at lunch.  He was no longer looking at Niall and I speaking with jealous eyes and didn't seem to bothered him any longer.  I also heard through frequent gossip that he was casually dating a few people. This honestly broke my heart again. 

How was he able to move on but I was still stuck on him?  I knew he didn’t love me like I loved him but still it pained me that he was able to heal so quickly after 2 years of being together.

It was Saturday morning and I heard my phone buzzing waking me from my sleep.

“Hello” I mumbled.

“Harry?” The Irish accent clearly gave away who it was.

“Did I wake you?”

“It’s ok, Niall.  What’s up?” I asked.

“So I was wondering if you heard about the party that the captain of the football team is throwing at his house tonight.” He asked.

I think I may have heard about it, but I wasn’t exactly invited.  In the short amount of time that Niall had been going to my school, he became quite popular with all of the cliques and all people.  He was such an outgoing person, every one enjoyed being around him.  I enjoyed being around him.

“Yeah, I heard something about it, but I wasn’t exactly invited.” I replied

“Well I was kind of wondering if you would like to maybe go with me to the party.” He said with a nervousness tone in his voice which I never really heard from him before.

“Well, sure I mean....  I guess it’d be nice to hang out.  We could have Louis, Liam and Zayn come to.  Have a boy’s night.” I said.

“Yeah they could go to the party too.  But Harry, I was hoping that you would go to the party with me...um... as my date.”

I swallowed hard.  It took me a few seconds to process what he just asked me.  I was speechless.  Niall asking me out on a date.  When he could clearly get anyone he wanted at that school.  All the girls swoon over him.  Some of the guys too.

“Harry…..ah, Harry…are you still there?” he beckoned.

And with that he snapped me out of my thoughts.  I took a deep breath and thought, maybe this is the chance I need to start making the effort to get over Josh.  I took another deep breath, “Yes, Niall.  I will be your date to the party.”

“Great.” He exclaimed.  “I’ll pick you up around half 9.  See you tonight Harry!” 

And with that the line went dead.

I paced the room a bit.  What was I going to wear?  I wanted to look nice for him, but not too obvious.  I continued to pace the room nervous for tonight.  I passed by my desk and took a look at the picture of Josh and me.  I sat at my chair, held the picture in my hand.  I knew I needed to let go.  I hoped that Niall would be the one to help me let go.  And with that thought, I placed the picture in the bottom drawer.

I called Louis right after.

“Hey Harry! What are you doing up so early on a Saturday?” He asked knowing full well that I sleep in at least until 11am on weekend mornings.

“Well, I need to talk to you about something.” I said.

“Ok, well I’m going to put you on speaker.  Liam and Zayn are here with me at the park, we all decided to play a little football this morning.”

“Ok, hey guys!’’

“Hey Harry.” They both spoke.

“Alright, Haz.  What’s up?”

“Well, the reason I’m up so early is because I just got a call from Niall.”

“ooohhhhh!!” The boys said in unison, to which I just rolled my eyes knowing they couldn’t see.

“So anyway, he asked me to go with him to that party tonight being held at the football captain’s house.  You know, Luke.”

“Ok….and….” Liam said.

“He asked me to be his date.” I said sheepishly.

“That’s great Harry!” Zayn said.  Louis and Liam both joined in with Zayn and expressed their happiness for me.

“I said that I would be his date, but I don’t know how I feel fully.  I really do like him and I really enjoy the time we have spent together since the first day of school, but…”

“But nothing!!” Louis said.  “Harry, you need this.  This will be good for you.  Don’t continue to hold onto Josh.  You two have ended and it’s really time for you to move on.  I really want to see you happy again Haz.  We all do.  All three of us want the happy go lucky Haz back.” To which Zayn and Liam said “Yea, Harry”

“Well would you guys want to go too?  I mean meet me there.  It will make me more comfortable knowing that you three are there as well.”

“Yeah sure, we’ll be there.” Liam said.  “Anything for you” replied Zayn.  “I’ll make sure we’re there by 10, Harry” said Louis.

“Thanks guys.” And with that I hung up the phone got back into bed and started to ponder what tonight would be like on my first date with Niall.