Chapter 8

I woke up the next morning and felt a bit hazy.  The thoughts of the events that transpired last night with Niall hung heavily in my mind.   I looked at the clock which read 11:34am.  I can’t believe that I slept for that long.  I went right to bed as soon as I got home.  I can’t believe I skipped dinner.  But my mind was too overwhelmed to think of anything else.  I was brought back from my thoughts with a knock on the front door.

“Hey, Haz!” Exclaimed all three boys.

“Hey guys.  What are you all doing here?  Come in” I replied

“We just felt like we haven’t seen a lot of you lately and thought we would surprise you and take you out the park for a game of football.” Louis said as he rustled his hand in my hair.

I swatted at his hand earning laughs from the boys.  “Sure” I stated.  “Let me get changed.”

After about an hour at the park and playing around with the guys, I decided that I was going to make my way over to my favorite shad filled area of the park.  I would often sit under this Weeping Willow for quiet time.  I came here often to get lost in my thoughts with the branches and leaves completely enveloping me, hiding me from the outside world.  Lou, Zayn and Liam continued on with the game.

I was sitting under the comfort of my tree humming some random song when I heard the leave rustle.  I opened one eye and peeked at who was coming into my fortress.  The familiar faces, all three of them, screamed “PILE UP!” and I was immediately under my three best friends.  Their weight pushing me further into the ground.  They soon got up and took spots under the tree near me.  They all know that when they find me under this tree, that I am doing some pretty heavy thinking.

“Penny for your thoughts, mate.” Liam stated

I sighed and looked at them.  I smiled internally knowing that I had their full undivided attention.  How did I get so lucky to have them apart of my life?

“Well Niall and I got pretty heaving into a snogging fest yesterday after school.” I smiled at the memory.

They smiled.  I knew they were happy to see me beaming about it.  I continued on with the story.

“We ended up in his room but I stopped it before it could go too far.”

“Nothing wrong with wanting to take it slow, Haz.” Zayn said

“But that’s not the reason I stopped it.  I wanted to be with him…badly.  But as soon as it was close to getting to that point, I thought of Josh.” I hung my head and ran my hands through my hair in frustration.

Liam slid closer to me and patted me on the shoulders. “It’s ok, Harry.”  He said.

“Yea, Haz.” Louis agreed.  “He was your first.  Your only.  So I think that maybe it’s only natural to have thoughts of your first when you are about to experience that intimacy with another.”

“Louis???” Zayn said looking at him in shock.  “When did you get all wise??”

“Hey!” Louis said as he pushed Zayn over.  “I’m brilliant!!”

They all resumed the horse play and I laughed at my crazy friends.  He was right though.  Louis was right.  Maybe I was just thinking that this would only be the second person I would have been with, so of course I would be nervous.  Right?

“Oh….wait..what time is it?” I asked

“Half past 2” Louis stated.  “why?  Got somewhere to be Haz?”