Chapter 7

The weekend passed by quickly.  Too quickly.  It was now Monday and I got up to get ready for school.  I was still reeling from the kiss that Niall and I shared.  It was beautiful.  I knew I really liked him.  I wanted to be around him and I knew he felt the same.  I decided today that I was going to let myself go.  Allow myself to be with him and be happy.  I didn’t know what that kiss meant for Niall, but it meant a lot to me. 

I was then nervously thinking about what we were to each other now.  Were we still friends?  Were we more than friends?  Did he want to be my boyfriend?  I thought about that word for a moment.  Boyfriend?  I know that I was becoming more and more open to the idea of allowing myself to fall for another…but I was not sure I was ready for a boyfriend.  Maybe on the way to school Niall and I would talk about it.  But what would I say to him?

I walk out of my house shut and lock the door.  I look up to see Niall.  God why did he have to be so breathtaking?  He smiled at me and pulled me into a hug as I reached him on the sidewalk.

“I missed you all weekend” he said as he smiled and looked deeply into my eyes.

“I missed you, too.” I replied.

After our embrace ended, he placed his arm around my shoulder.  “Shall we go then?” he asked

I just nodded and we began walking to school.  I wanted to have a conversation with him about the kiss and what it meant.  But I couldn’t find the words and he seemed content to walk in silence.  Ahhhh, why was this so difficult.

The school day passed rather quickly and without anything exciting happening.  And so was the rest of the week.  I wanted to talk to him….but I just couldn’t.  I was trying to wrap my head around these feelings that I was getting.  They were growing stronger and stronger each day.  I just didn’t understand why he hasn’t said anything about the kiss either.  This was so stressful.  I just didn’t know what to do about the situation.  I decided that I needed to talk to him about.  No more of this nonsense.

It was now Friday and Niall and I, like every day since he moved here, were walking home from school.  The walk home, like most, wasn’t completely silent but we didn’t really talk about anything too important.  He gave me a hug and this time, unlike any other, he placed a kiss gently on my temple.

He started to walk into his house.  I sighed and was about to walk away, when everything inside me said No.  Don’t let him go.  You need to talk to him.

“Wait!” I called to him.

He turned to face me just as he got to his door.  I quickly made my way up to him and just looked into those amazing blue eyes.

“Harry….” He stated.  Waking me from my trance.

“Did you need to say something?”

I sigh and with all the courage in me I began to speak.

“Niall, I don’t know what we are.  I not sure if that kiss we shared meant anything to you.  I’ve been waiting all week for you to say something to me about it, but you never have.  I am just scared that it didn’t mean as much to you as it did to me.  I’m not sure about your feelings for me but I do know that I have grown to really like you.  I’m just not sure where we stand.”  By this time I’m looking down at my feet.