Epilogue

Niall and I have just celebrated our one year anniversary as a married couple.  We dated for two years before he proposed.  We were married after I graduated from college.  In total it has been just over five years of happiness and I wouldn’t change a thing. 

Niall never went to college.  Not because he didn’t want to or he didn’t get accepted anywhere, but his life has taken a different turn.  About a month after my one and only open mic night performance, we were at the bar and he was singing like every Saturday night and I guess word got out about him and the following he had made just from open mic nights.  A rep from a record label came in and heard him sing and he was given a record deal about three months later.

He has been doing quite well in the UK and Ireland and he is now breaking into the American market.  It was quite strange and surreal having a famous singer be your boyfriend and then fiancé while attending college.  Some people wanted to be my friend, only because of him and some people, mostly girls, just screamed whenever he would come to visit me, but overall, I had a great experience.

Our relationship hasn’t been without its difficulties.  We have had fights, arguments and disagreements, even times where we would go a week without seeing or talking to each other because we were both stubborn and unwilling to make up.  But we made it through.  Anyone who says that you shouldn’t have to try in a relationship and marriage, it should just work, is absolutely mental.  You have to put in work to keep the relationship going.   

Because of Niall’s career, we are now living in London, which I don’t mind.  I actually quite like it here.  Louis, Liam and Zayn all live in London as well, so when Niall is away, I have them to keep me company.   

I graduated with a degree in music business, because I knew I wanted to have something to share with my husband.  I know that I can sing and Niall tries to get me to sing for his management, but it’s still not something that I am comfortable with.  I don’t want the spot light.  So I work for his record label in the management department.  I am not on his management because that would be a conflict of interest, I think, but I assist with up and coming artists.  I love every minute of it.

“Welcome home baby” I say to Niall as he enters our home and places his suitcase down and pulls me in for a hug and long passionate kiss.

“I missed you so much, Harry.”

“Me too.  These past two weeks have felt like years.  They went by so slow.  How did you enjoy America?”

“It was really good, but you that, we talked almost every day.”

“I know I just like hearing you talk about it face to face.  I love you, baby so much” I said and pulled him in for another kiss.

“I love you too.” And we made our way to our bedroom for much needed married bliss.

The next morning I woke up to the smell of breakfast cooking.  I love when Niall is home.  He always makes breakfast.  It’s his specialty.

I walk into the kitchen to see his amazing body that I can’t get enough of only covered by his boxer shorts.  His back muscles are tensing and relaxing as he is working.  I make my way up behind him and wrap my arms around him and place kisses along his shoulder blade.

He leans into me, his head resting back on my shoulder.  “Good morning handsome” Niall says and turns around to face me.

“Good morning.  It smells delicious!” I exclaim and begin setting the table.

As we are eating I feel Niall staring at me.  I look up to see him smirking.

“What? Do I have something on my face” I ask and begin to wipe my face with my napkin.