Chapter 3

"Dean, my class is about to start." Cas sighs into the phone.

I know, but I just wanted to say I love you. Dean replies.

"I love you too, I'll see you later." Cas smiles and hangs up. He rushes to his fourth period class before the tardy bell.

"You're late," Jo says from his chair behind his desk. He feet are propped up. The tardy bell rings.

"I am not late, now get back in your seat." Cas shoos her away.

"What were you doing that was so important you were nearly late for class?" Jo asks as she goes back to her desk.

"It is not any of your business." Cas rolls his eyes.

"Was it your wife?" She presses.

"I don't have a wife." Cas says simply.

"You have ring on your finger so you have to be married." Meg says, hope in her eyes. Meg is crushing on Cas, even though he is her teacher.

"I am married, but I don't have a wife." Cas puts the bell ringer up on the board. The class murmurs amongst themselves. Cas let's them talk as they work.

"Does that mean you're gay?" Meg gasps.

"Yes," Cas sighs. "That is what it means.

Meg gasps and the class erupts in an uproar.

"Guys please quiet down." Cas tries to reel in his class. The students continue talking loudly. "I said quiet!" He shouts. The class quickly stops talking.

"Everyone needs to get back to work, my life is no concern of yours. If you want to continue talking about anything but World War One, then I will send you to the principal's office." He eyes the class. He is always afraid of his students take finding out about his sexuality, he fears his students will lose respect.

Jo raises her hand.

"Yes, Miss Harvelle?" Cas sighs.

"Is he hot?" She asks.

"Please do the warm-up." Cas rolls his eyes.

"I did, the answer is the Soviet Union. Is your husband cute?" She presses.

"Yes," Cas smiles. "My husband is very good looking."

"I figured, I couldn't imagine you with someone ugly." Meg nods. "What does he look like?"

"Gorgeous green eyes, chiseled jawline." Cas sighs.

"Picture or he's not real!" Lisa exclaims from the back.

"I don't have a picture on me, but I'll try to bring one in." He lies, there is no way he would ever bring in a picture of Dean.

"Now get your notebooks out and get ready to take notes." Cas tells his class.

******

The day ends quickly. Cas grabs his things and starts to leave.

"Hey hot stuff," a voice purrs from the doorway. Cas doesn't need to look up to know who it is.

"Hey, Charlie," Cas smiles at his best friend. The perky redhead bounces in and hops up on his desk. Charlie is the computer teacher at the school.

"So I think I found a good one this time. I think you'll like her. She has curly black hair and has pretty eyes. Plus she's really into reading and nerdy stuff, she's great. Her name is Gilda."

Cas chuckles at her enthusiasm.

"Charlie, did you sleep with her?"
"What?" Charlie scoffs. "Not yet, I need to get my best friend's approval before I did." Charlie smiles. "We should go on a double date! Two gay couples, it would be so fun!" Charlie exclaims happily.

"I'll talk to Dean about it, but I don't see why not." Cas shrugs.

"Great! I'll text you later!" Charlie hops off his desk and skips out of the room.

Cas leaves the school and heads home. Dean is waiting for him in the driveway.

Cas gets out of his car with a puzzled look on his face.

"Before you go inside, please don't be mad," Dean says.

"Why would I be mad?" Cas cocks his head. "Why would I be mad, Dean?" Cas repeats. Dean doesn't answer. Cas turns and stalks up to the front door, Dean follows close behind. Cas flings the front door open them stops in his tracks. A loud, inhuman squeal escapes him. Sitting in the middle of the floor is a cage, inside the cage is a cute black and brown Guinea pig.

"Surprise!" Dean exclaims, pulling Cas in for a hug. "I knew how much you wanted one, and I saw this little guy today, and I knew he was perfect." Dean looks proud.

"God, I love you." Cas throws his arms around Dean's neck and kisses him until they're both breathless.

"What should we name him?" Cas asks when they finally pull away.

"I was thinking Destiel, it's classy, and a mix of our names." Dean smirks.

"I love it, thank you Dean." Cas kisses Dean again. He goes to the cage and kneels beside it. He reaches in and pulls the small creature out and cradles it in his arms. Destiel makes little squeaky sounds as Cas holds him.

"I made some room in your office for it the cage." Dean grabs the cage and takes it to the office. Cas sets Destiel on the ground and crawls around next to him. Dean watches from the doorway. His husband is so dorky it's adorable. Dean wishes he could show him off to the world.

Dean goes to his recording room and comes back with his camera. He films Cas crawling on the floor with Destiel. The happy look on Cas' face let's Dean know he did good. Cas looks up at Dean holding the camera.

"Dean!" He exclaims, blushing and trying to hide his face from the camera.

"Aw, babe, come on." Dean moves over to Cas. He lifts Cas' chin and kisses him, catching it on his camera. "I love you, Cas." Dean smiles.

"I love you too," Cas returns the smile. He turns and goes back to playing with his new pet. Dean stops recording and sets the camera on a nearby table. He accompanies Cas with playing with the guinea pig.