Chapter 18

"Dean, you promised." Cas sighs, resting his head on the hospital bed where Dean is still unconscious. It's been two months and Cas is still trying to cope with Dean not being around. "You promised you wouldn't leave me again. You promised, don't you remember that?" Cas grips his hand. "You need to keep your promise. Or I swear I will kick your unconscious ass." Cas chokes out a laugh.

He's been doing this nearly every day for the past two months. Some days he brings Mary, other days he leaves her with Andrea.

He goes to school, teaches and heads back to the hospital. Then he goes home, sulks, and starts the cycle over again the next day.

This is one of the days where Mary is in the care of Andrea. Cas is too stressed, worrying about the end of the school year and Dean's situation to worry about her.

"Castiel, your here, again." A voice rumbles.

Cas looks up to see Bobby in the doorway.

"Do you ever have a day off?" Bobby steps forward.

"He's my husband, there is no way in hell I'm leaving him alone." Cas looks down at his husband.

"I understand." Bobby goes over and pats him on the back.

"I don't know how I can keep this going." Cas sighs. "The hospital bills are racking up. Dean had a bunch saved up, but that can only go so far."

"The doctor said they don't think he's waking up anytime soon." Bobby murmurs. "They think it may be best if you pulled the plug."

"Is that what you want?" Cas snaps.

"Of course not, that boy is practically my son. But it may be what's best for him." Bobby retorts back.

"I can't, I can't lose him." Cas stares down.

"Your money is being thrown down the drain. Remember, you still have yourself and Mary to take care of." Bobby speaks calmly.

Cas shakes his head, he doesn't want to accept it. He doesn't want to lose Dean.

"I think you should go home,be with your daughter, think about this." Bobby murmurs.

Cas clenches his jaw, holding back his fear, anger, and sadness.

"Come on, son. It's time for you to go home." Bobby puts his arm around Cas' shoulders. Reluctantly, Cas lets Bobby lead him away, out of the room and out the hospital.

"I hear you have a bit of trouble." A British voice calls from the shadows. A portly man steps out. For a brief moment his eyes look red due to the lighting of setting sun.

"What the hell are you doing here?" Bobby demands.

"Hey, I know you," Cas regards the man. "Crowley, I believe."

"Word is you cannot keep Dean Winchester in here for much longer. Financial problems I assume." Crowley smirks.

"How did you know this?" Cas asks.

"I could help." Crowley ignores his question.

"Don't listen to him Castiel." Bobby growls.

"Please, Bobby, Let the man make his own decisions."

"You two know each other," Cas looks between the two.

"Oh, of course, Bobby and I go way back." Crowley smiles and winks at Bobby.

"Cas, this man is not to be trusted," Bobby speaks to Cas. "He is nothing but trouble."

"Oh, now, Bobby. That isn't a way to treat the man you helped you get your legs back. Besides, I didn't hear you complaining when your lips were on mine." Crowley raises his eyebrows.

"It was one time!" Bobby growls.

"And how magical it was." Crowley sighs. "But that is not why I'm here." Crowley turns his attention to Cas. "I can pay for your bills. I am a wealthy man. I can pay until he awakes, and you won't have to worry about a thing."

"Why are you doing this?" Cas inquires.

"I took a liking to Dean, on the plane ride. He's a lovely fellow it would be my pleasure to help." Crowley speaks.

"What's the catch you arrogant prick?" Bobby growls.

"What do you mean?" Cas looks at Bobby.

"This man doesn't do anything for charity, he always asks for something in return." Bobby glares at Crowley.

"Can't a man have a change of heart?" Crowley hides a smile.

"Not you, you son-of-bitch." Bobby grumbles.

"Let's just say, I'm doing this out of the good of my heart. But maybe, just maybe, in the future there may be a use of him." Crowley looks him up and down.

"He doesn't have to die." Crowley digs at the thing that Cas has been holding against his heart. "He can stay in their care for as long as you need him to."

Cas thinks of this offer. He won't have to worry about the money to keep Dean alive. Otherwise he will have to pull the plug soon.

"Okay." Cas says finally.

"Cas, no." Bobby gives Cas a disapproving look.

"I need to," Cas turns to Bobby.

"Boy, you don't know what you are doing." Bobby warns.

"What's the worse that can happen?" Cas shrugs.

"That's the spirit." Crowley grins.

"I just want Dean to be okay." Cas looks to Crowley. "I sincerely appreciate what you are doing." Cas nods.

"Of course. Pleasure doing business with you." Crowley holds out his hand. Cas grasps it and shakes.

"I shall be seeing you again." Crowley turns and disappears once more into the shadows.

"That was probably the dumbest thing you ever could have done." Bobby growls. "Get your ass home before I beat it!" He marches Cas to the car.

"You have to understand, Bobby. I can't lose him, I couldn't survive without him. I don't want Mary to lose one parent." Cas grips the handle tight. "You of all people should know how it feels to lose someone you love." Cas looks Bobby strait in the eyes.

"Let's just hope he wakes up soon. You don't want to be in debt to him." Bobby grumbles. Cas hopes so too.