Chapter 14

"Are you sure you got her?" Cas asks yet again to Benny's girlfriend, Andrea.

"Of course I do." She holds Mary.

"If any thing happens call me. If I don't answer, call Dean." He says worriedly.

"We'll be fine, won't we?" She coos to Mary.

"Come on, Cas." Dean motions.

"Bye, baby girl." Cas kisses Mary's forehead. She happily shrieks and bounces in Andrea's arms.

"Bye-bye, I see you later." Dean says in his voice used specifically for her.

They leave the house and head towards the school.

"She'll be okay right?" Cas asks Dean nervously. This is their first time leaving her alone with someone else.

"I trust Andrea." Dean responds, though Cas can tell he's a bit nervous too. "Besides, she has Sam's number too, everything will be fine." Dean mostly says this to reassure himself.

They arrive to the school within minutes. Cas leads Dean to the gym where the dance is being held. Students are already starting to arrive dressed in their very best. They don't even notice Cas and Dean by the back wall.

"What's up bitches?" Charlie skips up.

"Hey, I didn't know you were chaperoning." Cas smiles and hugs his friend.

"Yeah, I was gonna go on a date with Dorothy, but she got called into work." Charlie shrugs.

"How are you two doing?" Cas inquires.

"Pretty good, we're taking it slow, seeing where it goes." Charlie smiles.

"That's great," Dean says.

"Yeah, well, I'm gonna go over there, see you two later." Charlie waves and bounds away.

Cas looks around the dark gym, only lights coming from the disco ball and some colorful strobe lights. The floor is starting to fill with awkward teens and a loud beat is blaring from the speakers. The scene is familiar to Cas.

"You know," Dean leans close. "This reminds me of the day we met."

"I was thinking the same thing," Cas grins up at Dean.

"Hey, you." Dean smiles. "I like your face." He uses the same words he used all those years ago at their freshman homecoming.

"Who, me?" Cas responds.

"Who else?" Dean holds his hand out. "Wanna dance with me or not?"

"Sure." Cas grabs his hand. They sway slowly even though the music around them is fast paced.

"Oh my god!" A high pitched voice squeaks.

Cas and Dean break apart to see Lisa and Cassie standing there, staring wide eyed at Cas and Dean.

"You're Dean," Lisa gasps.

"Yes, hi, you must be fans." Dean grins. "Nice to meet you."

"You are married to our teacher?" Cassie squeaks.

"Well, yeah." Dean slings his arm around Cas' shoulders. "Who wouldn't want to marry this hot piece of-"

"Dean, watch your mouth." Cas stops him.

"Aw that is so cute!!" Lisa squeals.

"It never even crossed my mind that it was you Mr. Winchester." Cassie nods with approval.

"Glad you approve," Cas chuckles.

Lisa and Cassie scuttle away, giggling like crazy.

"Your students are adorable." Dean chuckles.