Chapter 32

Cas very slowly makes his way towards Dick and Abbadon. He tries to get up enough courage to actually approach them, but fear holds him in a vice-like grip. He notices that two large men follow them around, acting as guards. They no doubt have more scattered throughout,

Abbadon grabs Dick and hauls him out onto the empty floor, dancing slowly to the soft beat.

Cas can't exactly just get close to them while their dancing, it could be too suspicious.

"Hi!" A pretty sandy brown haired girl approaches Cas. She has on a pretty pale blue gown and silver gloves.

"Hello," Cas barely glances at her.

"You come here alone?" She asks.

"Um yeah, yes I came here alone." Cas nods.

"Me too." She smiles. "I'm April, you are?"

"Ca-Collins, Misha Collins." He catches himself before he makes a mistake.

"Lovely to meet you, Misha." April bats her eyes. "Care to dance?" She holds out her hand.

"Uh," Cas glances at the dance floor. Very slowly people are starting to dance. "Sure." He takes her hand and leads her onto the dance floor, close, but not too close to the other dancing couple.

April tries to press close to Cas, but he inches away, not wanting to be too close.

The song finally ends.

"Thanks for the dance." April grumbles, she is obviously not happy about the lack of interaction with him. She turns and leaves. Cas hardly even notices.

Cas sucks in a deep breath and approaches Abbadon and Dick. Girls are fawning over Dick, vying for attention. Abbadon seems to keep them at bay with just a simple stare. Cas steers toward Abbadon, she seems more approachable than Dick.

"Why hello," Abbadon sees him, smiling, though it looks a bit sinister.

"Um, h-hi." Cas says nervously, cursing his voice for betraying his fear. "I uh, I came over to say," he pauses to clear his throat.

"Look buddy, she's already taken." Dick eyes Cas, giving off an alpha male vibe.

"Oh, no, I uh, I don't swing for her team, I just wanted to say I love your dress." He quickly says the first thing that comes to his mind.

Abbadon lets out a laugh, even that makes her sound a bit terrifying.

"What's your name sweetheart?" She ask, waving Dick away.

"M-Misha Collins," he holds his hand out.

"Abbadon," she takes his hand lightly giving it a small shake.

"How bout you go grab us a couple of drinks, I'd like to talk to you." She grins.

Cas scampers to the bar getting the drink she told him and his own. He returns and as he hands he drink over, his hand shakes so much, some spills to the floor.

"Oh god, I'm sorry." Cas profusely apologizes.

"Don't worry about it, someone will clean it." She waves him off.

"So Misha, what brings you to this ball?" She asks, sipping her drink.

"Well, I'm an aspiring actor, trying to make it in Hollywood. A close family friend paid for me to come here, said big movie stars and producers and such come here, thought it might help." Cas pretty much says exactly what the paper Crowley made him memorize said. Honestly he thinks it sounds a little forced. He hopes Abbadon doesn't notice.

"Well that is so sweet of your friend." She smiles, taking his glass from his hand. She sets both hers and his glasses on the tray of a passing waiter.

"Walk with me, I hear there is a beautiful garden that way." She links her arm with his pulling him in the opposite direction from the doorway he entered in.

There's a door in the far corner of the room. Abbadon pushes it open and steps out.

Sure enough, there seems to be a path lined with hedges that leads to a garden. They walk along it in silence. Cas' heart is pounding heavily, he's afraid Abbadon can hear it.

"Why so tense, relax a little, it's not like you have anything to worry about." Abbadon smiles a cruel smile. "Or do you, Castiel." He freezes in place. He rips his arm from her grasp and goes to turn back to the door.

The pathway is blocked by one of the hulking men that was guarding her. He turns quickly, running down the path toward the opening to the garden. Right as he gets there a figure steps out and decks him right in the face. He drops like a sack of potatoes, though he stays conscious.

"Pick him up, drag him that way, out of sight of other people." Abbadon's cruel voice belts out. Rough hands grab him and haul him up. He's moved too quickly for him to see his attacker.

The buff guard is the one holding him up. He grabs ahold of  Cas' hair and yanks his head back, so he's looking directly at Abbadon. A dull throb is slowing spreading throughout his head.

"So Crowley sent you to come after us?" Abbadon sneers.

"I didn't want to, I had no choice." Cas murmurs.

"We all have a choice." She hisses.

"Please, I have a husband and a daughter, don't hurt me." Cas begs.

"Oh don't worry, I'm not going to hurt you." Abbadon shakes her head, stepping back. Slight relief floods him, but only for a moment. "He will though."

His attacker steps out of the shadows and into the moonlight, giving Cas a clear view of him. And Cas is surprised as to who it is.

"Why the look of surprise?" Alastair's nasally voice belts out. "No one hates Crowley more than me, nothing would make me happier than to see him fall, to suffer." Alastair grins evilly. "And I'm gonna enjoy this too, simply because I really don't like you."

"No please." Cas gasps, trying to pull out of the grip of the man behind him, but it's no use. Alastair steps up, and lets his fist connect with Cas' jaw.

He keeps punching, ranging from Cas' face to his stomach. All the while Abbadon watches with a sick grin. Cas cries out in pain with each hit.

A loud thump sounds and suddenly Cas is free. He falls to his knees as the man behind him crashes to the ground.

"How the hell did you-" it's all Alastair can get out before a metal pipe slams across his face.

"Back off you bitch." A warm voice growls at Abbadon as she tries to step forward. "One more step and you're eating copper." A gentle hand slides around Cas' waist and pulls him up.

"Dean," Cas murmurs. "How did you-"

"Don't talk babe." Dean responds. Cas has no clue as to how Dean knew he was here, but he's thankful he was here to help.