Chapter 33

Dean had hightailed it to the place of the ball as soon as he left the hotel. He flew into that building. He did a quick scan of the milling people, not finding his raven haired husband. So he asked around, hoping someone had seen him.

Finally, after stopping a pretty blonde in a blue dress, he gets a lead. She at first complains at his lack of attention but gives Dean the information he needs, saying he went to the back with someone.

Dean rushed that way, finding a door hanging ajar. With out thought he goes out. Knowing something isn't right he searches for something suitable to use as a weapon. He finds a pile of copper pipes. He finds here Cas is and the sight engulfs him in anger.

He's smart enough to know not to just charge in. So he quickly sneaks around behind the large man holding Cas.  And you all know how the rest went.

"You mush be the husband." Abbadon sneers.

"Hell yeah I am. And me and my husband are walking out of here, you evil bitch." Dean growls.

"Watch your mouth! You have no idea who you're talking to." She hisses. Alastair stirs on the ground. Dean pulls Cas back a step.

"I'm talking to an unarmed bitch who hurt my husband."

"And now your speaking to her armed husband." Dick walks into the creamy light of the moon. He's holding up a gun, aiming it at Dean. "Drop the pipe." Dick demands.

With a growl he lets it fall into the grass with a thump. Alastair blinks his eyes open. He stands and moves toward Abbadon. His face is swelling from where Dean hit him. He stands there glowering at Dean and Cas.

"Who do you think you are, coming here threatening my wife." Dick glares at Dean.

"The same guy who can't believe you sons of bitches have the audacity to lay a hand on my husband." Dean doesn't back down, even though the man before him is holding a weapon that could end his life in seconds.

"Dean, stop." Cas groans.

"Listen to the punching bag, Dean." Dick smirk. Dean releases Cas and lunges forward. A gunshot sounds through the air.

Everyone freezes and Cas' heart stops. But no bodies fall.

"How about everyone calms down." A British voice calls, and up walks Crowley, holding a colt in his hand.

Cas breathes a breath of relief when. He realizes the shot came from him. He staggers to Dean, clutching him tight.

"Crowley, long time no see." Dick sneers.

"Yes too long, you owe me quite a bit too." Crowley says simply. They speak as if they're siting down for tea, not pointing deadly weapons at each other.

"I don't think we owe you anything." Dick shrugs.

"That there is the difference between you and I." Crowley "but I see one similarity." He glances at Alastair.

"My lord," Alastair steps toward Crowley. "You see, I was-"

Another gunshot and he pitches forward. Cas stares in horror at the dead body. He's never seen death like this, and he isn't sure how he feels about it. The man did just kick the ever loving crap out of him, but seeing it happen twists Cas' stomach.

"Well, that's one less thing for me to do." Crowley sighs. "Bullocks, you got blood on my suit! This is a brand new suit."

"I would say I'm sorry, but I don't care." Dick shrugs.

"Dean, Castiel, I suggest you two leave. Go back to the hotel, I'm sure you don't want to see what happens next." Crowley demands.

"They aren't going anywhere." Dick growls. "Cause when I'm done with you, I'm gonna finish them off." Dick grins cruelly.

"They're leaving, now." Crowley snaps. "Go, my men will be there for protection."

"Well that didn't work out too will that that asshat did it?" Dean grumbles.

"Go!" Crowley shouts.

Without another word Dean drags Cas out of there as quickly as he can.

"How did you know, Dean?" Cas asks as he pulls him away.

"I got my ways babe. The only thing that matters is I'm here now." Dean murmurs. They jump when they hear a gunshot, then a woman's scream.

"Let's go." Dean moves faster. Another shot and the scream is silenced.

They somehow make it to where Dean parked his car with out being seen. Even though he really doesn't want to, Dean goes to the hotel. He wants nothing more than to go home, but he's hasn't slept in over 24 hours and the adrenaline is starting to wear off.

He pulls into the parking lot and helps Cas out. They go to the room and he sets Cas on the bed.

"I will be right back" Dean rushes to the bathroom and grabs a rag, gets it wet and goes back to Cas. Cas' face is bruising and his nose and mouth have blood drying around them. He gingerly wipes the wet cloth on his face, cleaning the blood. Cas hisses and jerks away. Dean clenches his jaw.

"I should have been there sooner." He growls. "That bastard hurt you. No one should ever lay a hand on you. Why didn't you tell me?" He looks into Cas' eyes, which are on the verge of spilling out with tears.

"I'm so sorry. I though i could do it. I didn't want you to worry or get yourself into the mess I made." Cas sobs.

"It's okay baby, it's all okay now." Dean gently wipes the tears.

"Let's get you undressed and we will worry about it all in the morning." Dean kisses the top of Cas' head. "I'm just glad you're okay."

With care Dean helps Cas undress down to his boxers. He growls at the bruises forming on his chest.

"I'm okay Dean, don't be angry." Cas grabs his hand. "Let's just go to bed." He pulls Dean down. He winces as he tries to get comfortable. Being with Dean eases his pain.

"I love you." Cas murmurs.

"I love you too." Dean kisses Cas.

Hello dedicated readers, the author here!!! I just wanted to let you guys know I'm going on vacation for a few weeks, so I may not update. I apologize for this inconvenience. I will be writing so when I come back I will post all that I write! Thank your or the support on my book!!!!!