Chapter 20

Cas' heart freezes, absolute pain filling his body. He waited for so long, just for this moment, and now this happened. Tears pool in his eyes. He covers his mouth with his hands.

"No, wait, Cas, please don't cry, I was kidding." Dean reaches forward.

"Dean," Cas sobs. "You son of a bitch." Cas smacks his arm.

"I'm sorry, I saw the opportunity and I took it." Dean grabs Cas' hand.

"That was not funny, Dean. I've been put through enough pain!" Cas throws his arms around Dean. "I've missed you so freaking much." His tears flow freely down his face.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry, don't cry." Dean rasps.

"Oh, you probably want some water." Cas sniffs, wiping away his tears.

"Oh!" A nurse walks in. "You're awake! I need to go tell the doctor." She goes to turn.

"He needs water!" Cas calls. She nods and smiles happily. She returns moments later with a cup and a large pitcher. Cas pours Dean water until his thirst is quenched.

"How long was I out?" Dean asks, his voice sounding much better than it did before.

"Three months." Cas responds. "It's been so long. I've missed you so much." Cas can feel the tears coming again.

"Come here," Dean scoots and pulls Cas on the bed with him.

"I'm so happy you're awake." Cas clutches Dean.

"Well, ain't this wonderful!" Garth walks into the room. "Welcome back to the conscious world, my friend. I'm Doctor Fitzgerald, or Garth, what ever floats your boat." He saunters up to Dean's bed.

"I have a couple of mandatory questions, just to see if you are functioning well."

"That's fine," Dean links his hand with Cas'.

"Can you tell me your name?" Garth poises his pen over a paper on his clipboard.

"My name is Dean Winchester, I'm an Aquarius, I enjoy long walks on the beach, and-"

"Dean, be serious." Cas nudges him.

"It's fine," Garth waves him off. Garth asks Dean a bunch more questions and Dean answers readily.

"Well, everything seems to be okay. He is going to have to stay here for a couple more days, for observation an tests." Garth explains.

"That's fine, I'm just glad he's awake." Cas sighs.

"I'm gonna leave you two alone, file this paperwork, and I will be back later." Garth waves and leaves the room.

"How's Mary?" Dean glances over at her sleeping form.

"She's great. She started walking, and she's talking more." Cas sighs.

"Oh man, freaking coma, making me miss out on life." Dean rolls his eyes. His stomach growls loudly. "Man, I'm starving. I would kill for some pie."

"I need to call everyone, I'll have Sam bring you some." Cas rolls out of the bed and steps out of the room.

Sam is the first one he calls.

"Hey, Cas." He answers right away.

"Sam," Cas feels like he is going to cry again, though this time out of happiness. "Dean, he," Cas takes a deep breath to compose himself.

"What, Dean is he?" Sam seems to be fearing the worse.

"Sam, he's awake. He woke up not too long ago." Cas sniffs, trying not to let his tears fall.

"I'm coming, I'm leaving the house right now, see you soon." The phone is shuffled on Sam's end.

"Pick some pie up for him." Cas adds.

"Hell, I'll buy him thirty pies if he wants it. I told you Cas, us winchesters can make it through anything." Sam speaks excitedly. "See you soon." He hangs up.

Cas goes on to call Bobby, Benny, and Charlie. They all are excited and say they are on their way.

Cas goes back in the room. Dean is laying back with his eyes closed. For a split second Cas believes he imagined the whole thing. But as if he senses Cas, Dean opens his eyes and looks over.

"You just gonna keep standing there or are you going to join me?" Dean holds his arm out to Cas.

Cas sighs and crawls into the bed with Dean. Cas' whole body buzzes, he's missed lying with Dean, it's like his body crazed his touch.

"Do you remember anything during the accident or past it, like do you remember anything from the coma?" Cas asks as they lie there.

"Not really, I remember us leaving the house. Everything else is a huge blank. All I can remember is you. This whole time, you were my only thought. Everything we've done, all of my favorite memories, but it was always quiet, kind of muffled. Then I heard voices that were louder than my memories. None of them made sense, they all kind of blurred together. Then one voice stood out, one voice that I craved to hear. At first I couldn't hear your words, I could tell you were talking, but I didn't know you were talking. Then slowly it started to become clearer." Dean strokes Cas' hair.

"I could hear the pain in your voice, the sorrow. I didn't want you to feel that way any more. So I kind of, I don't know, pushed forward. It was slow, but the more I moved the clearer your voice became. Then, next thing I know, I see you. I knew something happened, that I had been out for a while, so that's where I decided to joke a bit." Dean chuckles lightly.

"That was terrible of you to do." Cas huffs. Soft whines can be heard from Mary's play-pin.

Cas goes and scoops her up then settles back in bed with Dean. Mary stops whining as she is cradled by her father. She stares up with her emerald eyes.

"Dada." She reaches for Dean, smiling widely.

"Hey, baby-girl." Dean takes her from Cas' arms. She giggles and squeaks.

"Wow, you are getting so big," Dean sighs. He stares lovingly at his daughter.

"That's always a happy sight to see. Glad to hear the family is back together." Crowley walks in.

"Hey, Crowley, what are you doing here?" Dean looks at him with a puzzled glance.

"I did your family a favor, I paid for the very costly hospital bills. You're welcome by the way." Crowley explains. "I'm just here to say hope things are well." Crowley waves and leaves.

"He used to know Bobby, helped him out a while ago." Cas says.

Something seems to dawn on Dean when Cas says this.

"Now I know where I've seen him before. When I first met him, I could have sworn I recognized him. And now I know, now that you said that. A long time ago, I was going through some of Bobby's stuff. And I came across a picture it was of Bobby kissing someone. He snatched it up, but I recognize Crowley as the other person." Dean laughs. "Never knew Bobby swung that way."

"Dean!" Sam rushes into the room. He is holding a plastic bag. He moves to deans side and hugs him tightly. Slowly the room starts filling with their friends and family. Charlie comes with her girlfriend, Dorothy, they bring Dean a vase of flowers. Benny comes then lastly Bobby charges into the room. They are all happy and in a cheerful mood.

"Okay, guys, a few of you are gonna have to leave the room." Garth comes in. Benny, Charlie, and Dorothy go out to the hall as Garth does a couple of tests on Dean.

Excitement coats everyone's face. They can't believe Dean is back.