Chapter 28

They got to the airport, no sight of Crowley. They board a private jet and have an hour flight. Anytime he tries to question the other man, he stays silent.

They land at another airport, it seems to be a private airport. The silent man ushers him out.

Crowley waits for them to exit the jet. Another unknown man stands behind him. He's taller than Crowley and has scary look to him.

"Hello, Castiel." Crowley greets.

"Where are we?" Cas looks around.

"Come on, we should get going." Crowley starts to lead Cas toward a limo parked not too far away. He nods to the silent man in dismissal. He boards the jet again.

"Where are we?" Cas repeats again.

"Really, Castiel, we can worry about that later." Crowley rolls his eyes. "Alastair, take his bag." Crowley demands to the man next to him.

"Yes, sir." Alastair murmurs. His voice is nasally. He snatches Cas' bag from him. They walk towards the limo.

"What am I here for?" Cas asks apprehensively as they walk.

"I'll explain in the car." Crowley waves him off.

Alastair opens the door for them. Cas slides in before Crowley. He is startled when Alastair throws his bag into his lap. The door is slammed shut.

"Now, let's relax, we have a bit of a drive." Crowley stretches out. Cas slides to the seat furthest away from Crowley.

"Can you answer my questions now?" Cas murmurs.

"If you must be so insistent, ask away." Crowley sighs.

"Where are we?" Cas asks.

"In a car currently, limo to be exact." Crowley smirks.

"I'm serious." Cas frowns.

"We are in the lovely place of California."

"Why am I here?" Cas asks.

"Like I told you before, you're going to a party." Crowley responds in a bored tone.

"What kind of party? Why do I have to go? Why can't you go?" Cas bombards him with questions.

"Slow down now, one at a time," Crowley shifts in his seat.

"It's less of a party and more like a ball. I want you to I because I need you to get close to a certain couple in there. And I can't go because I'm the person they are running from. They made a deal a long time ago and now they're trying to run so they don't have to repay what was promised. But now they must repay with something much more important to them than material objects." Crowley says calmly.

Cas has a very sure idea of what Crowley is planning on taking from them.

Cas' phone rings loudly, startling him. Crowley gives him a nod as if to say it's to answer.

"H-hello," Cas answers warily.

"Hey, you didn't call." Dean's soothing voice flows through the phone.

"What?" Cas frowns.

"When you got to Gabe's, you didn't call to let me know you made it safely." Dean says lightly,

"Oh, right, sorry. Gabriel whisked me into his, uh, his problem, so yeah, it slipped my mind." Cas is very obviously lying, he fears Dean will know immediately.

"A lot has been slipping your mind lately. Are you okay?" Dean asks.

"Yeah, I'm great. I gotta go, give Mary a kiss for me." Cas hangs up.

"Oh, you're lying to your husband, which kind of makes me your mistress." Crowley says in an amused tone.

"Shut up." Cas growls, glaring at him.

"Watch the tone," Crowley responds in a threatening tone that sends waves of fear down Cas' spine.

The rest of the ride is filled with deafening silence. Cas is in a fidgety state and can't keep from repeatedly glancing at Crowley in worry.

They stop outside a hotel in the middle of a bustling city. Cas didn't even know they made it into a city. They are checked in and ushered up to their rooms.

Thankfully Cas has a room of his own. As soon as he's alone he pulls out his phone, dialing his brother.

"Hey-o little brother!" Gabriel answers. He always seems to be in a good mood when answering.

"Hello, Gabe." Cas responds.

"So what's up, you didn't call to give me the 4-1-1." Gabriel says casually.

"What?" Cas sighs, plopping down on a chair.

"I told you to keep me updated on everything." Gabriel responds.

"No you didn't." Cas shakes his head.

"Well I am now, what's going on Cas, is everything okay, are you fine."

"Yes, I'm in California-"

"Dreaming about who we used to be?" Gabriel asks in a joking tone.

"Gabriel," Cas groans.

"Sorry, I make jokes when I'm worried, it's how I cope. I'm pretty sure I'm aging ten years worrying about you. Now continue with what you were saying."

Cas tells Gabriel everything he can. He doesn't tell the whole reason as to why he's going to the party though, he doesn't think it would be wise to do so.

"We could have helped you man." Gabriel murmurs.

"I don't want to talk about it anymore." Cas mutters. "I made a decision, now it's time to pull through with it."

"I swear to god, if you get yourself hurt, I'm kicking your ass. Every inch of it." Gabriel says in a strained voice.

"I'll be fine." Cas says, hoping it's true.

"Love you, Cassie." Gabriel murmurs.

"Love you too, Gabe." Cas hangs up and sets his phone on the table.

"How touching." Crowley saunters in. "now come on, we need to get you proper attire for the event coming up." Crowley pulls Cas out.

"Where are we going?" Cas frowns.

"Shopping." Crowley grins.