Chapter 15

Dean spends all Sunday in his recording room, Mary with him. Cas busies himself by cleaning. He cleans Destiel's cage and scrubs the bathroom. The kitchen gets tidied, breakfast dishes washed.

It's around midday, nearly Mary's nap time, when Cas hears a shout of surprise from the recording room. The door swings open and Dean rushes out.

"Cas!" He shouts. Cas rushes to the hall.

"What, what happened?" Cas' attention immediately goes to the bubbly baby in Dean's arms.

"She said her first word!" Dean exclaims.

"What? What did she say?" Cas asks.

"She said dada, and I got it on camera."
Dean turns his face to Mary. "Can you say dada again?" Mary stares up at her father.

"Dada," Mary smiles a toothless grin. She reaches her hand out and touches Dean's face.

"Oh my goodness!" Cas smiles. Dean can't help but beam at his daughter. Noticing her fathers' excitement, Mary starts shrieking with delight and bouncing in Dean's arms.

"You are such a smart baby." Cas takes Mary from Dean and pulls her in for a hug.

"I'm so lucky." Dean sighs. He hugs Cas and his child.

"I'm gonna put her down for her nap, you go finish what you were doing." Cas kisses Dean on the cheek. Dean smiles, kisses Mary then Cas then rushes back to his recording room.

"Can you say papa?" Cas asks softly as he carries her to the kitchen. He grabs a bottle and takes her to her room.

"Dada" she squeaks.

"It's okay, we'll work on it." Cas kisses her on the forehead as he lays her down. She stares up at him as she sucks on the bottle. Slowly her eyes starts to drift shut. Once she's asleep Cas leaves, shutting her door quietly.

Dean is back in his room, not letting Cas come in.

***

Monday morning Cas wakes up, Dean is up, but he is in his recording room. Mary is still fast asleep.

Cas gets ready then he knocks on the door.

"I'm leaving!" He calls softly. The door opens and Dean steps out.

"Goodbye. I'll see you in a while." Dean plants a quick kiss and goes back into the room.

Cas shakes his head and leaves. He arrives to school. When school starts, some of his students whisper to each other, repeatedly looking at their teacher.

By the time fourth period comes around Cas has grown used to it.

"Did you see it?" Lisa rushes in shouting at him.

"See what?" He gives her a bewildered look.

"The video!" Lisa exclaims.

"What on earth are you-"

"You need to see it!" She whips out her phone and rushes to his desk.

She pulls up a video on YouTube. Oh no, what did Dean do?

Hey guys! Dean pops up on screen. I think it's about time you meet two very important people in my life. Let me say one won't actually be in here, since he has no idea about this.

Dean gives that grin that makes Cas' feet melt. The first person, he bends down and lifts Mary into the screen.

This is my beautiful daughter, Mary. This angel here is one of the greatest things to happen in my life. I never thought I would be this happy to be a dad. He looks down at her lovingly.

Dada! Mary says in her baby garble. This must have been when she said it for the first time, because Dean's eyes get very wide and he lets out the shout of surprise Cas remembers hearing that day.

Dean rushes out. The screen cuts back to him, empty handed.

Sorry, first word. Plus it's her nap time. Dean shakes his head.  Anyways, my other introduction is to the love of my life, Castiel Winchester. A picture of Cas pops up.

Cas inwardly groans.

"It's better keep watching," Lisa murmurs.

Some of you might know him, I know that cause I met a couple of his lovely students, who also happen to be pretty huge fans. Yup, I'm talking about you, Lisa and Cassie. He winks at the camera. Lisa lets out a squeal next to Cas.

In tribute to my wonderful husband I made this montage of us. He fades out and is replaced by a picture of a sleeping Cas. A soft song plays in the background as the video goes through different pictures and videos of Cas that Dean took when Cas wasn't paying attention.

This includes the video of Cas crawling on the floor when he first got Destiel, quite a few videos of him sleeping, and one final video Cas had no idea existed.

It's at the dance Cas chaperoned. Dean and Cas are holding each other close and slowly swaying together. It fades out and reveals Dean again.

I love him so much. I couldn't ask for anyone better in my life. Babe, I'm positive one of your students showed you this, so how 'bout giving me a call when you do. He winks at the camera.

Until next time, you guys are great. Bye. He waves.

Cas sighs and looks up. Most of his students are already in class and staring up at him.

"What do you think?" Lisa asks.

"That little-" Cas grumbles.

"It's cute!" Jo exclaims. "Are you gonna call him?"

"On my own time." Cas smiles.

"Do it now, we are doing the bell ringer." Jo shrugs. All of the students chorus agreement.

Cas rolls his eyes and pulls out his phone.

"Hello?" Dean says with a smile in his tone.

"I saw your video." Cas starts.

"Did you like it?" Dean asks excitedly.

"Of course, it was beautiful, I didn't know you had so many videos of me." Cas smiles.

"I'm batman, you can't see me I'm like a shadow in the night." Dean chuckles.

"Sure you are. How did you get the one at the dance?" Cas asks.

"I bargained with a couple fangirls." Dean answers. Lisa and Cassie giggle in the back.

"I think I can guess who." Cas rolls his eyes. "I have to get back to my class, I'll see you later. I love you."

"I love you too!" Dean makes a kissy noise and hangs up.

As Cas goes on to teaching his class, he can't help but smile. The video keeps playing through his mind. It makes him so happy. Even though he never wanted it to happen, he's glad his students found out about Dean.