Chapter 10

The first night without Dean is a bit lonesome. The house is far too silent for Cas' taste. He blares music from his stereo, trying to fill the silence. As he's getting ready for bed, he gets a phone call. He sighs when he sees it's from Dean.

"Hey," Cas answers.

Hey sexy, Dean responds. We just got to the hotel, man this place is nice.

"That's nice." Cas smiles.

Really wish you were here, these beds are really nice and springy. Dean murmurs suggestively through the phone.

"Dean," Cas blushes deeply.

I'm kidding, babe, kind of. Dean chuckles.

They talk for nearly two hours before Cas is nearly falling asleep talking to him.

Go to sleep, I'll call you in the morning. Dean says. Goodnight love.

Cas mumbles a goodnight and let's the phone fall. His sleep is restless without his love being there. When they fight, Cas is at least comforted with the fact that Dean is in the house.

He awake the next morning feeling exhausted. His sleep wasn't too good.

He makes a small pot of coffee. Out of habit her sets out two cups.

"Wait, damn." He mutters and puts one back, leaving out his bumblebee cup. Dean better hurry and come back. When the pot brews, he makes his coffee usual, with a bunch of honey and a splash of cream.

He walks around the house aimlessly, sipping his coffee. He goes to his computer in his office and goes to Youtube. He goes to Dean's page. After making sure his speakers are on, he plays Dean's videos. It's comforting to hear Dean's voice.

Hey, guys. I'm Dean Zepplin, and this video is about how to properly get rid of a ghost.

Cas lets this play as he looks over some school papers. His phone rings from his bedroom sometime later.

Cas jumps up and rushes to his room, looking for his cell phone.

He finds it under his bed.

"Hello!" He says in a rushed voice.

"Hey, you busy?" Dean asks on the other end.

"No, I couldn't find my phone." Cas huffs.

"Sure," Cas can hear the grin in his voice. "I was just calling to say good morning. How'd you sleep?"

"Terribly, I missed you." Cas sighs, flopping on his bed.

"I've only been gone a night," Dean chuckles.

"It's one night too long." Cas smiles softly.

"I'll be home in a couple days, okay, Honey bee?" Dean saying this makes Cas sigh sadly.

"I know," he pouts.

"Sorry, I gotta go, we're heading to the convention. I'll have a live video going later. Love you." Cas bids him goodbye and they hang up.

Cas goes back to his office. As he settles, the house phone rings. He sighs, pauses the video, and picks up the phone. The number is unrecognizable.

"Hello?" He answers.

"Hi, is this Mr. Winchester?" A bright cheery voice asks.

"Um, yes." He replies.

"Hi, I'm Anna, from the adoption agency. We spoke the other day on the phone." She carries on. Cas is a bit confused, he hasn't spoken to any adoption agencies at all.

Then it dawns on Cas, it must have been Dean.

"That must have been my husband you spoke to." Cas says.

"Oh, you must be Castiel." She doesn't miss a beat. "Well, your husband already filled out the proper paper work, I was just calling to give you two the good news."

"Good news?" Cas cocks his head.

"Your paperwork went through and you meet all of the correct standards. And usually these things can take years, but we have a child that would be perfect for you two." Her words make Cas' heart soar.

"I can't believe it," Cas murmurs.

"Of course we have to go through the house visit and interview, but based on your paperwork, you two will do fine. So if you would like to schedule now, that works good for both of you, we can do that." Anna suggests.

"Of course, yeah, um." He sputters.

"When would be a good time?" Anna asks.

"Oh, um," Cas pauses to think. "Dean isn't here this weekend, so next Saturday would be perfect."

"Okay, I'll call later with the time." Anna responds. They say goodbye and Cas hangs up the phone. He sits there dumbfounded. He is shocked Dean did this, he always seemed so against them getting a child.

He tries to call him, but it goes strait to voicemail. Cas knows he won't be reaching Dean till tonight.

So he calls the next best person, Charlie. He explains what happened.

"That's great!" She exclaims. This is the most happy Cas has heard her since Gilda left.

"We should go and celebrate." Cas suggests.

"I don't know," Charlie murmurs.

"Oh, come on, you need this, move on, hook up with someone. You can't stay hung up on someone forever." Cas sighs.

"But I loved her." Charlie mutters.

"And that's why you should let her go, she would want you to be happy." Cas says in a comforting tone. Charlie lets out a huge sigh, Cas knows she is going to say yes.

"Fine, I'll go out an celebrate with you," she responds.

"Great!" Cas beams. "I'll pick you up tonight!" He says goodbye and hangs up. It's all still surreal. He can't believe Dean did this for him, for them.

Their own child, one they could care for and love more than anything. Cas can't wait till Dean returns, so they can have their own little celebration, Cas is positive they will pass the interview and house inspection. They child is as good as theirs.