Chapter 37

Four and a half Years Later

"Daddy, Papa, come on!" Mary grabs both of their hands, pulling them out of the house. "We are gonna be late for my graduation!" She hops into her car seat happily. She's graduating kindergarten today and she's super excited about it.

"Buckle up, we gotta go fast." Dean grins, revving the engine.

"Do I look pretty papa?" She squeaks from the back. Cas turns around.

"Of course, you look beautiful!" Cas smiles. Mary has on a pretty pink dress. Her hair is up in pigtails and matching pink bows. She also has on a necklace Dean gave her earlier this year. It is the necklace Sam had given him when they were younger. It's an old amulet. Mary never takes it off.

"Who's coming?" Marry asks as Dean zooms to her school.

"Uncle Sammy, Adam, and Gabe, grandpa Chuck and grandpa Bobby. Benny and Andrea, Aunt Charlie and Dorothy. Among others." Cas lists off the ones he can remember.  Even though it's just a kindergarten graduation, they all want to be there to support her.

They pull into the school and rush out of the car.

"Go find us seats, I'll get her to her class." Cas sends Dean off. Dean salutes and spins away. Cas rushes Mary to where all the kindergartners are congregated.

"Nearly late again, Miss Winchester." The teacher scolds lightly.

"Daddy couldn't find his camera, Papa lost it." Mary puts her hands on her hips in a sassy manor.

"See you in a bit, beautiful." Cas kisses the top of her head and goes to the gym where the ceremony is being held. He catches sight of Dean and all the other family members who came for Mary. They took up one whole section of the front row.

Cas settled next to Dean, who had his camera out ready to film. A little bit later, music starts and small humans walk out onto the stage. Most of the kids have large doe-eyed looks on their face, though Mary is not one of them. She beams brightly as she struts proudly across the stage.

"Congratulations kindergartners, you made it and now your moving on to first grade." The teacher announces proudly. As she talks Mary waves wildly at her family. Her green eyes are shining brightly and her long black hair waves in her cute pigtails.

The teacher calls each child, one by one.  They walk across the stage. Each child only has two or three people cheer for them. But when Mary gets called up, their section erupts in cheers. She skips across the stage, giddy with excitement. They are, by far, the loudest group cheering for their child.

Dean's eyes actually start to water as he films Mary go across the stage.

"What's wrong?" Cas touches his arm lightly.

"It seems like just yesterday we were getting her from Anna and now she's finished her first year of school." Dean sniffs.

"It's okay Dean, we still have another twelve years of school left." Cas says this positively, but he knows exactly how Dean is feeling.

After the ceremony, Mary rushes up to Cas and Dean, plowing into them.

"Did you see me?" Mary asks, though she knows darn well that they did.

"Got it on camera." Dean shakes it.

"Are you putting on the in'net?" Mary asks excitedly.

"Sure am! I gotta let all my fans know how awesome you are!" Dean grins.

"Way to go, M&M!" Gabriel sweeps Mary up and spins her around.

"Thank you Uncle Gabe!" She shrieks.

"We are so proud of you." Sam pulls them both in for a hug.

Mary slowly makes her way to each family member, receiving congratulations and many hugs.

"Hi, Mary!" A young boy approaches them.

"Hello, Alex!" Mary waves.

"You had a lot of cheers." Alex looks at Mary's family in wonder.

"Yeah, I know." Mary nods. "This is my dad and this is my papa." Mary introduces Dean and Cas. 

"Where's your mommy?" Alex frowns.

"I don't have one." Mary shrugs.

"Everyone has a mommy." Alex murmurs.

"I don't, I just have my dad and papa." Mary explains. "Daddy says my mommy couldn't take care of me so she gave me to them."

"Oh," Alex sighs. "Do you want to come to my birthday party?" He asks in a much brighter tone.

"Yeah!" Mary exclaims.

"Okay! I'll tell my mom!" Alex runs off.

"So, who's that?" Charlie saunters up, hand in hand with her wife, Dorothy. Their wedding had been beautiful, full of colorful flowers and an amazing Wizard of Oz theme.

"That's Alex, he's my best friend." Mary says simply.

"Are you sure he's not your boyfriend?" Charlie jokes.

"Ew! No!" Mary scrunched her face up.

"Okay, sure." Dorothy chuckles.

"He better not be her boyfriend, she doesn't need to be worrying about boys till she's thirty." Dean grumbles.

"Dean, calm down," Cas chuckles. "Lets go home, I do believe we have a cake with someone's name on it." Cas smiles at Mary.

"Cake!" Mary shrieks. She absolutely loves cake. It's funny cause she hates pie, which very nearly breaks Dean's heart.

"Me and Sam will catch up with you guys, we have to make a quick stop at home." Gabriel says, throwing a wink in Sam's direction. Sam's face turns bright red. They had moved in together three years ago, and they are perfectly content with staying where they are now in their relationship.

"Gross." Cas pretends to gag.

"See you soon," Gabriel waves and pulls Sam out of the gym. Bobby, Chuck, Benny, Andrea, and Adam all say their goodbyes, unable to make it back to Cas and Dean's house.

Dean drives Cas and Mary back home. She immediately rushes into the kitchen, searching for her cake.  Cas pulls it out of the fridge, showing Mary.

"That's my name!" She shrieks pointing at the lettering on her cake; congratulations Mary.

"It is," Cas smiles. Charlie comes into the kitchen, ready to devour cake. Dorothy follows not long after. Gabriel and Sam don't arrive until the cake is cut. Gabriel's hair is a mess and his zipper is down.

"Disgusting," Cas says in a joking tone.

"Hey, we don't say anything when you drop Mary off at out place just so you can have alone time." Gabriel raises an eyebrow. Cas rolls his eyes.

Dean wraps his arm around Cas. They are so happy in their life now. They have an amazing family. Dean never dreamt he could be this happy, and he doesn't think he could be any happier.

I'm pretty sure this is the end. I appreciate all of you reading my story. It's has been a pleasure writing for you all. I hope you all check out my other stories, I have quite a few destiel and sabriel. Until next time.