A Joke

I loosened my tie ... Will I ever get to see her again? Does she even want to see me? I knew how I felt and I could only wish Amora was feeling an ounce of the pain I had to hold onto.

At that moment I knew I'd give up everything, just for Amora to walk back into my life. The only problem was, this wasn't a 'book' it was real life and things just don't happen that way.

Amora was like my Pandora 's box, ...I finally got inside and all hell broke lose.

It was 7:45pm...the wind slapped against my face and there was something inside me that I never felt to such an extreme before. My chest was heated and I was exhausted. "AHHHHHHHHHH!!!!" I screamed out at the black roaring sea.
"Look what you fucking made me do!!" I could feel the consequences of my actions and their was no reward to lessen the burden. I grabbed my things and called a cab. "A joke... a fucking joke hee...hee" I mumbled to myself as I made my way back to the board walk and then to the streets. I expelled sand from my shoes and dusted the debree off my suit.

I can't even express the feelings that ran threw me. Why Deroy? I paced back and forth. Am I supposed to laugh, was this supposed to be funny. After a few minutes the cab pulled up. I climbed in "flushing meadows country club." I demanded. Pulling the door shut. I swiped my card and we took off. As I sat there I just got more furious my fist were clenched and my jaws were tight. I could hear my heavy breathing and my eyes were fixed on the road. My blood was boiling, I scrolled threw the endless voice mails and messages. Kelly ended up staying at home because I never picked her up, my mom thought I was hurt and in the hospital again, my Dad was concerned, what happened between the time I left home and the time I was supposed to arrive at Kelly's house, Kelly was certain that I had a good reason for not coming to get her and her father disappointed.

What happened next, occurred so fast that there was no one who could stop it. Only me, but that wasn't something I was willing to do.

When the cab pulled over, I furiously marched out, the place was extravagant, lights everywhere. The driver charged me $116. I raced up the stairway into the main hall. Mr. Sanders was a chaperone, he recognized me and signed me in "You okay kid?" I ignored him and walked into the ballroom. My eyes pierced back and forth as I dug threw the crowd. The music was blasting ~ I can't feel my face when I'm with you!! ~

I looked around and saw Deroy standing cordially with his date like everything was fine. My eyes were red from the tears, but I wasn't there to cry.

"Deroy." I called out to him. He turned in my direction and smiled broadly. I walked toward him and smiled.

"Kia I thought I lost you..."

I threw a punch and felt my fist dig into his jaw. It was like everything, but me had stopped. He looked at me in shock and pushed me. I tackled him and we went flying into the snack table. I could hear people screaming and them calling security. The drinks came tumbling down on my back.

I was drenched red and covered in broken glass. Once I was on top of him I THREW PUNCH after punch with all I had left in me "it's a joke, a fucking joke." I shouted enraged.

"That's Kia that's Kia!" I could hear them talking. Deroy hit me good and I could swear I swallowed blood. The security grabbed my arms pulling me back and Deroy got up and gave me a heavy kick to the chest before they restrained him.

"Get them out of here!" the Dj raved on the microphone it was followed by clapping. Everyone I knew was there they took pictures, videos, they laughed. It was like the twilight zone, we sat out side handcuffed on either side of the sidewalk. The party went on, I could here the music roaring and the chaperones trying to keep everyone inside. The cops talked to Mr.Shepard