Define Me

It was Sunday morning after my intense workout, and I was sore.

My back ached, my feet had blisters, and I kept getting cramps~.

I rolled around in bed and finally got a hold of my cell phone. What am I going to do I don't want to get up I grumbled to myself. I dialed 914-319-3868 the phone rang and then there was an answer

"What you want?"

"I'm hurt."

"You broke something?"

"No I'm sore."

"Look men can't lie in bed and complain all day."

"But I'm hurt and I can smell the food down stairs."

"So what you want me to do?"

"Can you bring me some?"

"You're a grown man."

"Please!"

"You better clean it up after you eat."

"I will."

My father made his way upstairs with a bowl of kimchee, rice, pancakes some sauces spinach and bacon. He sat at the edge of the bed, passing me the tray he asked,

"What's her name?"

I looked up in uhh!

Her who?

Is it a boy?

No!

Okay then let's try again what's her name?

I could feel myself beginning to blush I looked away and thought Oh my God this old man.

Her name is Amora.

There it was I had told someone in terms as plain as day. It felt good, I knew he could never reach her. He nodded plucking spinach from his teeth "So does she know?"

"No... and I don't want her to know, well not yet."

"So you want to impress her by looking like some model in the magazines, because you think she'll find you more attractive?"

"How'd you know?"

"I did the same thing for your mother." He grinned.

"Did it work?" I asked.

"Nope."

"Why not?"

"Your mother said she liked her men shy and chubby." He said proudly rubbing his belly.

"Dad, then were not the same."

"Eh you can't change just because you think she'll like you better. You've got to know what she's looking for or everything you do will be in vain." he said looking at my desk on his way out of my room. I curled up to my bed head finishing my breakfast.

I shook off all my nerves and pulled up my laptop. I placed the tray neatly onto the floor, locked my door, it was time to look the part. My hair was growing out and I was now about 5; 6, I wasn't going to lose Amora so easily. I got dressed stretched and stiffly preceded to my plan of action.

1. Join her clubs

2. Find out her type

3. Look the part

While perusing her facebook I realized she was in dance class. I remember thinking to myself maybe we'd be partners.

The game was on I knew exactly where I was going.

"Dad can you pay for me to get dance lessons?" I shouted from my room.

"What kind?" he shouted back.

"Uhh... ball room, some acro, contemporary and ummm ballet classes I believe."

"I thought you liked girls?" he shouted amused.

I brushed it off and took to studying dance terminology; If I was going to do this I wasn't going to make a fool of myself in any shape or form.

The next morning I met Deroy on my way to school, he was load and proud as usual and succeeded in brightening my mood.

"What you did this week end?" he asked.

"Nothing much." I lied in reply. I wasn't ready to trust Deroy. Who couldn't keep his mouth shut at the moment, he had an assumption and even with that he couldn't keep quiet.

"Look Beverly, Amora's friend invited us to an SEO stage event. Want to go?"

I tried to act settle, but I was really anxious I looked over at the pamphlet in his hand.

I calmed my voice and tried to act as cool as the moment had called for.

"Then I guess were going." I smiled.

He grinned and then shouted "Finally!"He took off running and laughing at the top of his lungs to his next class. I was happy, just to have had company.