Got to Build!

As time passed Eric's visits to our school became more frequent. He had a major advantage in that he had the opportunity of escorting Amora home every day of the week. He was tall, good looking, stylish, and confident; things I seemed to lack. Knowing I was behind I turned to an online source, I wasn't ready to let anyone around me know about my feelings not even Deroy.

I found an online makeover professional who had lots of promise, Her name was Channel are average Skype conversation would go as follows

"How have you been Kai?"

"Not so good."

"Okay then what's bothering you?"

"Well this week I couldn't really capture her attention there was no group work, no encounters in the halls, I feel as if were growing apart."

"Well that's okay you can use your time apart to refresh your image. By the way you look really dry today, Have been applying lotion daily".

"No, I forgot."

"Well you're going to have to start drinking a lot of water, going to sleep on time, washing your hair with the products I recommended, brushing those teeth just to make sure they shine, O D on the milk, and try a pill called Bivers to help your body increase development."

"I understand."

"Great so I'll see you next week Kai bye~."

"Bye."

I would try just about anything.

It was a weekend and I sat in front of the computer wondering what to do. I logged into my Facebook account mintmuncher@gmail.com and there she was! I looked behind me as if to check if the room was empty looking back at the screen there she was rite under people you might know. I clicked on her profile pic after reading her info page and I began to think to myself am I the only one doing this, maybe Eric's behind his computer screen viewing Amora's profile right now.

I got up from the computer and did 10 push-ups I was exhausted.

I knew I had to try harder and I was ready to make some changes. I searched online for a gym to join and used my father's credit card to pay for it. His card would then fund my whole transformation I had to get it all done before the bill showed up in the mail. I had time it was the beginning of the month. I grabbed my coat and ran down to Bally total fitness. I purchased 5 bottles of frozen water... ice and stood at the check in desk.

"Umm can I just walk in?" I asked pointing toward the glass entrance to the gym.

The accountant looked up at me, chewing gym, phone by her ear, and handing me a pen and paper.

I signed in and headed pass the glass doors. I felt like an adult full of confidence knowing the power of money. Until I walked into a room full of adults' big, small, fit, out of shape they all seemed to have a friend, every person I saw seemed to have come with a partner. I hid my face with my hood laying my bag of water bottles beside my treadmill and hopped on. I began to think what if Amora was here or even better if or when we start dating I should bring her. While punching in some random numbers on the treadmill I began to blush due to my over active amagination.

To hide my loneness even more, I put in my head phones and pumped Brandy's "Have you Ever" up full volume and on repeat.

I ran and I ran and I ran.....

I didn't want to stop I assumed losing 4 to 6 pounds would be good for me. I was sweating profusely I could feel it under my arm pits, between my toes, in my hair, on my back and running down my face. Finally the machine stopped I was so tired and I smelt like ass. I popped open one of my defrosted bottles of water and just sat there. I was so thirsty I sat on the floor and decided to have another bottle.

When that was over I headed toward the weight room where I sat next to the smallest weights. I pumped each arm for about thirty minutes finished off my bottles of water and got ready to leave. My arms were in pain my legs burned and I smelled funny. That's why when I saw their pool I paused. I was pretty sure I wasn't going to show up tomorrow morning.

Suddenly, my phone rang it was my father and I was scared I debated whether or not to answer the phone; after all I could just tell him I was in the shower. However I wasn't that good of a lair and I just couldn't stop myself from answering the phone.

"Yes Dad."

"Why are you using my credit card?"

I was stunned I even dropped my phone.

"Hello hello..."

"I'm here."

"Oh well I was going to tell you when you got home."

"Alright I have to get back to work I'll see you when I get home."

"Wait, but dad how did you know I was using your credit card?"

"Son I have a smart phone I know everything' I could even find out exactly where you are if I wanted to."

He hung up, but when he said that I assumed he'd be doing exactly that and I took off running. When I got home I jumped into the shower I had never felt so relieved, I washed my hair, but still felt uneasy as if my father was going to bust through the bathroom door any min. now. I hoped out of the shower and up to my room quickly blowing out my hair in the mirror I notice the bump on arm it wasn't a tumor, but a developing bicep. I think that's what they call it. I smiled to myself I couldn't stop thinking about me being in a boy band or something. I took out my camera and took a picture of myself this is how I would track my daily progress.