Damsel in Distress

Lighting and Thunder. Rain storms in the winter, thanks global warming. I sat there waiting to be dismissed, I watched the room reduce to just me and Mr.Shards. Two minutes left on my clock and I'm beginning to avoid eye contact with him. He's sitting on his desk in the front, texting and occasionally watching me. "kai!"

"ahuh!" I answered startled.

"Don't you think you and Vanity are moving too fast." who the hell are you, IRS I thought to myself, never out loud. "Uhh no not really." I replied.

"I don't know Kai, two days three cuts and now detention. Doesn't sound like something you'd do."

I was embarrassed, I didn't think they'd notice, since I had good grades. My eyes scrambled for the words, " Im sorry, no honestly It was all my fault. I told her to cut and we were only passing notes because she wanted to know what was wrong with me!"

"I do to Kia."

"Mr.shards I I ...just wanted more time to get to know her."

"No I understand what your saying I'm just letting you know that your partner is one of the top five in your graduating class," I was shocked that I didn't know "and if her grade drops by even a tenth of a percent there are some teachers who are going to turn around and blame you. You hear me?"

"Loud and clear."

"Okay, I met you a good boy, stay a good boy. Get out of here."

I left with the swiftness. After tossing everything into my locker, in fear that my books would get wet again, I found myself in the west wing staircase that gave me a veiw of the impending storm and the streets outside. It was still raining heavy outside, but just I had convinced myself to wait it out, that Is, untill I saw Amora. I got excited! She was Leaving practice, maybe and going home, alone. I took a deep breath and balled up the courage to do exactly what I was thinking. I ran. from the stair case, to a secutity exit, to the flooding streets, up the block where I'd seen her. I gazed around looking to catch another glimpse of her. The rain was ice cold and I was winded, my clothes and hair drenched, my glasses fogged, but I kept walking. I didn't want to be met with disappointment,  so I kept telling myself maybe I'll see her at the train station. Suddenly, I was falling, not for Amora, but literally. My foot knocks against a wicked piece of sidewalk and I fall chest first into this dirty ass water. My forhead hits the pavement and I could swear my life Is over. My glasses swim away In a puddel. I tried to get up, but it hurt so I turned over onto my back and sat up. I tried again and realized that I had hurt my knee. "REally!" In fustration I banged my fist against the wet pavement and shouted "What the FUck man!" Raindrops beat heavily against my face. Stalkers never prosper I remember Deroy taunting me sophomore year. It was enough to make me smile. Just then I hear my name "Kai!"

Best believe I was up. I grabbed onto to a post and bared the pain. Without my glasses I could hardly see the blurred figure approaching me. "kai!" "Amora!" My eyes strained and my heart stopped. I balanced on one foot holding onto the post, because it hurt too bad when I tried to straighten it. She was wet just like me and she looked concerned. "Kai your bleeding!" she said ergantly placing her palm against my cheek.  "Uhh where?" I said touching my forehead, finding my answer. What happened are you okay? she asked. We are both shivering behind the wall of rain drops that seperate us. "I hurt my leg." I responded swallowing my pride.

She aids me off the post and onto her. (I wish) She throws my arm over her shoulder and for the first time, I can say I'm holding her in my arms. She grips the side of my chest and tells me to put my weight on her. "F*** you're getting so big, I mean tall." she grunted. It's the steroids I replied shyly. We both laughed, but I felt bad. She always had to help me and I felt as thow,  I'd done nothing for her in return. The thunder roars and we both flinch, grabbing each other thighter. I could hardly go without smiling. We get under a tree where we can partially hide from the rain.

She sits me down on a rusty chair that has been waiting under this tree, as if it had been expecting us. She caught her breath "Thankyou!" I said trying to express my gratitude.

it's okay. She replied.

Now that we were partially covered from the rain the blood from my forehead became more apparent. She looked at me and I could see it in her face, it was band. She begins to undress. She pulled off her sweater and I can see right threw her shirt. I could feel myself rising so I looked away and tried to think of other things. I could see the blood stains on my clothes. she rips something and says kia look at me. I face her, she ripped the bottom half of her shirt I could have bought you some,    but all of these stores closed around two. As she careful wrapped the piece of cloth around my head. All I could do was stare at her chest, somewhere between a c and d cup. ahhh. The thunder flinched grabbing her waist. Almost sumontaniously she grabbed my hands and I let go.

She put back on her coat.

"How did you fall?" she asked shaking.

"I didn't fall, I was tie-ing my shoes." I replied.

"Stop lying!" she laughed "I saw you fall." she continued.

I blushed with embarrassment.

"So you were following me."

" get over yourself," she smiled

"I didn't know it was you until I heard you going off on the concrete."

"Lets not talk about that." I smiled

"Why? Because you're a liar, cripple, and klutz," she smirked.

"That's exactly why!" I smiled back.

"Let's not add insult to injury." I added.

You really need to be carefull, you hit your head really hard.

"I know, I honestly wasn't paying attention, because I was so afraid that someone was following me." ; b I shot my tongue at her.

"Why is it that I always find you somewhere in the rain." She inquired as she curled her hands around my arm more warmth.

"Who me?" I said acting surprised.

"Yeah you, you're like my big damsel in distress." My heart was pounding with joy, the fact that she even remembered those times.

"How are you planning to get home?" I asked.

"I'm not going home. I was planning on staying at my aunt's house since its closer, and you?"

"I have to get on the train and then walk to my house."

"Where do you live?"

"In Queens." I could see her lips shaking. I took off my coat,

"What are you doing?"

"Your alot colder than I am."

"Thank." she said reluctantly. I didn't want her to feel uncomfortable, or figure out the truth. So I said

"I know you like my smell, but I dont recommend you wear it everyday." biting my lips. She laughed and hit my arm. It was a pretty laugh and she had a pretty smile.

"What! You want to break that too?" I added.

looking down to hide my blushing face I realized that my shirt was transparent and everything underneath was looking . .. good so I thought, or I was hopping she noticed.

"Are you sure you can make it that far?"

"I'm not sure, but I can try. I know once I get of the train I can call my parents and they can pick me up in the train station." the Lightning started to light up the sky. Let's keep moving she suggested.

we got back into our positions and head fown the street all the stores where closed the sky was black.

"Do you want to come to my aunt's house? You can call your parents from there and ask them to come get you. I don't think you can do much walking on that leg by yourself." she asked pulling me along.

"uhhhh..."

It was an offer I couldn't refuse, the only answer on my mind was yes.