Why?

I wanted to die under that bed.

the clock was ticking and there was nothing sexy about the situation. Amora's aunt sat next to her at the edge of the bed, as she slept.

I just tried not to breath too hard. I was on the floor as if someone had a gun to my head, my hands shaking. "You must be hungry." her aunt sighed aloud to herself.

Amora was still sleeping. She got up closed the door behind her...

How do I get out? How do I get out of this, I furiously asked myself.

I took a chance!

I crawled from under the bed grabbed my shirt, ran to the window looking for a way to escape, at that point the window was my best bet. But we were on the third floor and this wasn't the window to the fire escape. I scattered in vain for a new hiding spot, I could hear her aunt coming back. My heart was working so hard, and Amora was still asleep.

1..2.. I could see her shadow under the door, I quickly slipped behind the curtains. Ugh I was so damn stupid! I got behind the transparent fucking curtains!!!! Her aunt walks in with two glasses of water, and just as she's about to take a drink of one of the glasses, her eyes met with mine. I rapidly jumped from behind the curtain, accepting the fact that I was caught, my shirt sitting on my shoulders, I hadn't had enough time to slip into it. I uttered softly...

"I'm sorry, I'm sooooo, soooo sorry!" while lifting my hands in the air.

It was like we were in slow motion, and in my mind it will forever be in slow motion, because I just can't seem to forget that moment. One of the cups, slips from her hand and I hear it shatter as it hits the ground. I see the shards scatter across the floor, but I don't see Amora's aunt, instinctively throwing the other glass.

My hands were too late to block my face, I...I

first felt as the water hit my skin... and then the glass. All that I felt, all that I could feel at that moment was the impact that the glass made, when it combusted on my forehead.. The painkillers consumed most of the pain, but Suddenly the numerous shards were raining down upon me, each of them taking turns pecking at my cheeks on their way down to lips and chest. Blood replaced my bashful blush, that's when I realized Amora had woken up. She stares at me wide eyed.

I dizzily bowing with my palms out before me. The trickling water that slipped through my palms slowly turned to droplets of blood. Sadly thats all I remember.

Long story short being, I ended up passing out, allegedly I was brought to the hospital by ambulance, alone. The hospital bill was paid in advance so my mom and dad just had to collect me. I got a few stitches and a big patch bandage to protect the healing wound on my face and a wheel chair too, turns out to many painkillers aren't good for you. My parents rolled me home that afternoon. "I'm confused !" my father complained in the car on our way home.

"me too!" I replied, with a bit of agitation. My mom and dad hadn't even asked me how it happened because they assumed I was being bullied at school. That was always the answer, I wasn't in a gang, I wasn't a fighting, no I was a victim, I had been beaten.

"Where were you last night? Why weren't you answering your phone!?" He asked.

"I said I can't remember Dad! I lied, trying so hard to ignore the fact that yesterday was the best day of my life, I lied so that my father would mind his own business.

"Leave him alone he's sick, my babies sick."

My dad finally shut up. Although, I feel bad for putting it that way, that's how I felt at the time. I remember bumping my wounded head against the window and thinking no regrets, it was all worth it. Then laughing to myself, but never again will I get caught.