Chapter 20

Author's Note- I think there might be only a few chapters left??? I don't want it to drag on much longer...

 Apparently Louis and Eleanor broke up? Doubt it's actually true though, wish it was. And then Harry's friend literally confirmed Harry was gay... BRB I'M OFF TO RUN AROUND MY STREET NAKED.

LOUIS' POV

I stare down at my phone, still clasped tightly in my hand.

They can't make me go, can they?

I fall onto the sofa behind me, trying to get my head around things. At first, they were ok with the bromance but apparently not anymore. It's not like me and Harry made anything obvious either? It was just how best friends acted?

Now I'm being forced to leave him again, maybe not in the same way but it hurts just as bad. Lying to him.

"What did they want Lou?" Harry asks, strolling into the living room.

"They just, um, suggested I went home for a while...It's going to be a long time until we see our family's again and they said this would be a great chance to see them" I lie, trying to sound convincing.

"So you're going?"

"Yeah, I'm going to go today actually..."

"Bit sudden, isn't it?" his eyebrows rise.

I'm not the actor I used to be.

"I'm just going to surprise them..maybe you should go down to Cheshire? They haven't saw much of you since the accident" I suggest.

He thinks for a while, "So I'm not going to Doncaster with you?"

"Oh, I didn't even think...I think it's best if I go down by myself just for now, but you can come down and see us later in the week, maybe?" I try to smile.

"Yeah, I miss your crazy family" he grins.

I stand up, "Better go pack..."

I rush upstairs and grab my suitcase. My phone buzzes.

You packing yet?- Modest.

I ignore the text and throw my phone onto my bed. I grab multiple tops and hoodies from the wardrobe, along with jeans and joggers. God knows where I'm going.

I have to go though, I'm not having Eleanor back in my life and they said they had plans for Harry?

I constantly tell myself this is for the best while I pack.

I eventually finish packing, adding the essentials like shampoo and my phone charger. I drag the suitcase downstairs by the door and wait... It's been an hour I think, they should be here soon.

As if on cue, my phone buzzes and I read the text from them.

We're waiting outside, make sure you don't tell Harry the truth.

I sigh and shove my phone back into my pocket.

"Harry? I'm going to go now..." I shout. Almost immediately, I hear loud footsteps running down the stairs and around the corner.

"Why you going so soon?" he asks.

"Long drive..." Who knows if it will be a long drive or not? I have no idea where I'm headed to.

"Oh ok, well have fun and stay safe ok? I'll ring you and keep in touch" he pulls me in for a hug.

"God Harry, I'm not going to fight in a war" I laugh, but I accept his hug anyway.