Chapter 26

Author's note- So I'm back from Spain :) It was boiling omg and I'm tanned so I'm happy

Sorry that it took so long, I started school again this week ugh. This is the last chapter omfg. Thanks for all the support ily. Sorry that it had to end, but thanks again. Hope you enjoy x

HARRY'S POV

"We need to get away from here, now" Louis whispers, gripping onto my phone.

"What's wrong?" I repeat. Refusing to move until I know.

He doesn't say anything, just simply hands my phone back to me. I look down at the screen and read the text.

"Shit, how do they find out these things?" I mutter. Like seriously, everything we do, they'll always end up knowing.

"I don't know... We can't do anything around here! What gives them the right to keep shoving their noses in our business, who cares if you're with me. I'm so fucking tired" he flops onto the hospital bed.

The bags under his eyes are prominent, and his hair is tousled. Not his best look.

"Harry just shove your things in a bag. I just want to get out of here" Louis snaps.

"I'm trying, but if you haven't realised I've just had an operation and it's kind of hard to do anything"

His face drops, "I'm sorry, I-I just don't know what's wrong with me. Everything's just came crashing down. You don't deserve this Harry-"

Before he can continue, I pull him into my arms.

"You do talk some shit" I whisper into his ear, his hair tickling my nose, "We don't need to worry about them anymore, ok? We'll get out of this hospital, go home and sort everything out. No more hiding remember?"

He sniffs and nods, "Yeah, no more hiding" he repeats.

"Right, so call for a taxi, which will cost us a fortune to get all the way from here to London, I'll have to get some money out from my credit card because you won't have any and we can't exactly get someone to pick us up in such a short space of time..."

"You're doing it again" he cuts me off.

"Doing what?"

"You know, that thing where you go on and on about something then you start to worry and get all frustrated with yourself" he explains.

"I don't do that"

"Yes you do, don't even try to deny it" he pulls away from my arms.

"Fine, maybe I do it"

"Don't worry, I like it. It's...cute" he grins.

-----------------------------------------

"How long's left?" Louis asks the taxi driver.

"Well, take 10 minutes off my last answer and there you have it" he grunts.

"Why do we always get the dicks" Louis whispers, "Remember when that one said we were shit?"

I create a noise somewhere between a snort and a laugh, gaining a funny look from the driver.

"So how was that operation?" he asks.

"What?"

"You know, that operation you had" the driver explains.

I shoot a look of confusion to Louis, but from his face he doesn't seem to know anymore than I do.

The driver looks up through his rear-view mirror and notices our confused expressions, so he explains further, "It's all over the news, you having brain surgery? It isn't bullshit is it?"

"No...no it's true" I confirm.

"Thought so, since I picked you up from that hospital. What were you doing up in Scotland anyway?" he asks.

He seemed like a bit of a dick at first, but he genuinely seems bothered.

"Just a road trip with Louis and the lads before we go off to America again" I lie.

"Ah, for your tour? My two daughters went to Glasgow to see you some time back in Spring, said it was great"

"So your daughters are fans?" Louis asks.

"Yeah, they're obsessed with you lads. Been going crazy over Harry being in hospital, all the fans have, that's all over the news too. Some girl even tried to take her own life, apparently she didn't want to live in a world without Harry, she's still in hospital. They're crazy" he sighs, shaking his head.

"She tried to commit suicide? Is she alright?"

"Aye, I'm sure she is. They said she was in a stable condition on the news" he reveals.

We both sigh. I know the fans love us, but sometimes they can be a bit extreme. I'm glad she's ok though, I'll have to try and find out who she is, maybe pay her a surprise visit.

"So the operation, did it go ok?" he asks, going back onto the subject.

"Yeah, couldn't have went better thanks" I smile.

"You know, the media makes you out to be a dick, but you're alright kid"

"Thanks, but I'm sure the media's perception of me will change soon, but I'm pretty sure it'll still be bad, maybe even worse" I fear.

Louis' hand reaches out and slips into mine, giving it a reassuring squeeze. But instead of removing his hand, he keeps it there. I stare down at our entwined hands, soon we'll be able to do this in public. We won't need to hide.

"Why?"

"You'll find out.." I mutter.

LOUIS' POV

I hop into the bath, in no rush to get out. It's nice to be finally home after a couple of weeks. It's nice to be back with Harry and know he's ok. It's nice to know Modest can't control us anymore.

I lie there for a while, lost in my thoughts, until Harry interrupts me.

"Louis, the X-Factor's about to start. Do you want me to pause it and make a cup or tea for when you get out?" Harry shouts.

"Yeah, I'd love that thanks" I reply.

And as I watch the last of the bubbles drain from the bath, all I can think about is how much I love him.

------------------------------

"So, what's our plan?" Harry asks, as he sets down my breakfast.

"Our plan for what?"

"You know...um, coming out" he blushes.

Since yesterday, we've received many phone calls from Modest, which we never picked up and many texts we decided to ignore. They clearly found the cottage deserted and saw Harry had been checked out of the hospital. They'll be coming round to our flat next, so ideally, we need to do something fast.

"How about arranging an interview?" I suggest.

"Like a live one?"

"Yeah, a written one might not be published until next week and people probably wouldn't trust it, but if everyone see's us saying it, they have to believe it" I point out.

"Yeah, that's true" he agrees, "So where are we going to ring? We've never planned one before..."

"I don't know, maybe we should ask the lads. I wouldn't know where to start" I admit.

"Ok, I'll give them a text"

No less than an hour later, Liam, Niall and Zayn arrived to discuss everything. We only asked them for advice, but they insisted on coming round to check on Harry and arrange the interview.

"So, this is actually happening" Niall grins.

"Yeah, it is"

"I can't believe it, I've been waiting for this day for years! The fans will be so happy" Niall carries on.

"For years ?" Harry repeats.

"Yeah, we all knew way before you told us. Best friends don't act that way around each other, you don't see me making blow job references at Zayn, do you?" Liam chuckles.

My thoughts go rushing back to that interview where Harry asked to give me a blow job and I told him I'd love for him to, he'd just have to wait. I feel my cheeks burning up.

"That was a joke!" I whine.

"Yeah, sure it was" Liam rolls his eyes.

"Right, anyway. What are we supposed to do about the interview?" Harry asks.

"Maybe arrange something with BBC or ITV, you'll be taken seriously on there" Zayn advises.

"Do you think they would have us on at such short notice though?" I worry.

"Two members of the biggest boy band revealing their secret relationship? I'm pretty sure everyone would be fighting over this interview" Zayn indicates.

"Yeah, he's right. This isn't going to be a small story that get's forgotten about within a day. This is big" Niall adds.

"Yeah, we know... So how do we contact the companies?"

"Oh, I'm sure I've got the BBC helpline number saved on my phone, don't ask why. Maybe if you ask them, they can arrange something" Liam tells us, taking his phone out of his pocket, "Yeah, here it is. Why don't you give them a ring now?"

"Well sooner's better than later, especially with Modest on our tails"

HARRY'S POV

"You'll be fine" Niall assures me, patting my back.

My whole body is trembling with nerves. This is it. This is the moment me and Louis have been waiting for. It's finally happening.

The BBC slotted in a 15 minute interview on the 6 o'clock news for us. It's 5:57pm. You could say I'm pretty anxious. I'm pretty sure the fans will be watching, we tweeted we would be on the show and text our families too.

The whole world will know. The fans will know... Our families, our friends.

I glance across to Louis, who is talking to Liam. The boys insisted on coming along to the studio, even though they won't be joining us in the actual interview. They're always supporting us, just like brothers would.

"What if everyone hates us? What do we do? What about management? They'll drop us, we'll need to find a new one. Who'll take us on? What if this is the end for us? And it's our fault"

"Harry, calm down man. You'll be sent hate, that's nothing new. You ignore it as usual, because the good comments always over take the bad ones. Fuck Modest. I wouldn't want to stay with them anyway after everything they've done. Simon has our back, he'll find someone for us. Someone will take us on, so don't you ever blame yourself for being true to who you are. This isn't the end for us" Zayn says, pulling me in for a much needed hug.

"Thanks" I whisper.

The seconds drag on, building my nerves up. Until the producers are shouting 3...2...1 and the presenters take place on the stage. I completely blank out their words and feel dizzy, until the mention of our names.

"On tonight's news at 6, boy band members Louis Tomlinson and Harry Styles are here for an exclusive interview, the shocking Australian election, the support for action against the war in Syria is growing and more. But for now, here's Louis and Harry"

That's our cue. I swallow back the lump in my throat.

"You sure about this?" Louis asks.

"100%" I reply, and with that I walk out onto the set, Louis following. We take a seat on the sofa that has been placed for our special interview.

"Welcome, Louis and Harry. Now everyone's going crazy that you're here, live on the news. We've never actually held an interview before, but we heard how eager you were to be on here, so we had to make an exception" the lady explains. I shift awkwardly in my seat, not knowing whether to be close to Louis or keep my distance.

"Yeah, well we have to clear some things up for everyone" Louis smiles.

"So, leading on from that. Harry is was recently confirmed you had brain surgery at St.Marks Infirmary up in Scotland. Is this correct?"

"Yeah, it is. I was admitted there, what was it? Around 5 days ago and had a quite serious brain operation" I choke out.

"What had happened?" The male presenter asks.

"Well, remember around a month ago when we were involved in the car crash? Well if you don't, I've got the scars. Anyway, I had a condition called ceberal contusions, which is bruising on the skull, usually caused from a traumatic brain injury...which makes sense from the car crash. So, the bruising was putting pressure on my skull, causing swelling and bleeding so the bruised area had to be removed" I reveal.

"That sounds horrifying, was it painful?"

"I didn't feel anything until I had woke up, I had a pretty sore headache. But I can't complain, everything went to plan and I can't thank the doctors and staff enough"

"So you're alright now?" She asks.

"Yeah, I was let out of the hospital yesterday so me and Louis travelled home. Apart from being tired and taking tablets for the headaches, I'm as good as new" I put on a fake smile.

"He's back to his loud self" Louis grins.

"That's wonderful. The fans will be glad to here that"

The conversation diverts to why we were up in Scotland and the fans reactions, to which I let Louis do most of the talking apart from a few nods, yeahs and hmms from me. I'm just so nervous, I can't think straight. I'm never usually like this, I'm used to interviews now, they're no big deal. But the pressure of this one is really getting to me.

I'm brought back down to earth when they start to mention the main reason why we came on the news. I look at the clock on the wall, there's 5 minutes left. Which means, any minute now we'll be revealing everything. The world will know.

"So Harry, there's been rumours about you and Cara Delevigne dating?"

"Well there's always rumours about me, isn't there? But no, me and Cara aren't dating. We're just friends" I run my clammy palms down my jeans.

"So are you seeing anyone at the minute?"

This is it. This is our moment.

I look back at Niall, Liam and Zayn. They're all nodding. I look at Louis, he's smiling at me. Just pluck up the courage and do it Harry.

"Yeah, I am actually"

"Oh wow, really? I think I've just heard millions of teenage girls hearts drop. So who is it?"

"Well actually..."

Come on, spit it out.

"He's sitting right next to me" I reveal, taking Louis hand in mine.

The man and woman's jaws actually drop for a millisecond, before they compose their self and carry on.

"Oh my god, really?" She squeaks.

"Yes, me and Harry are in a relationship" Louis confirms.

That's it. We're out.

"How? When? How?" She demands.

"Sandra, calm down" the man chuckles.

"I'm just so shocked. But excited, and happy for you two obviously. So how come you've only decided to admit this now, after denying it so many times?"

"Well we had actually signed a contract with our management agreeing to not come out, we were forced to hide. They were actually so determined to hide us, I had a fake girlfriend to cover us up" Louis exposes.

"Oh dear, that's awful"

"Yeah, it was pretty hard for us. And for the lads too. We grew apart for a while, but what was the point in that? We weren't going to let our management win, we definitely weren't going to give up. So that's how we ended here. We didn't tell them, so they'll be pretty shocked watching this. Oh and for the fans, don't expect to be seeing Modest!Management on our things anymore..." I clarify.

"So...were you worried about the reaction from the public this would get?"

"Of course, but our management were the worst. Saying we'd be hated, people would threaten to kill us and the band would break up. But honestly, they were just force feeding us lies. One Direction won't break up, we're as strong as ever. And as for the hate, just let them get on with it. They obviously have nothing better to do with their life. I'm not changing for them anytime soon just because they can't except who we are? It's none of their business anyway. The way I see it, love isn't about gender and everyone should be accepted" Louis answers.

I grip onto his hand tighter. I don't even know if it's possible, but I think I love him a tiny bit more now.

"Like Louis said, we'll ignore the hate. And we'll thank everyone who supports us. We're not letting anything get in the way of us now. Our tattoos really hinted at things, as some of the fans noticed. They represent the words we weren't allowed to say. Because I can't change. I just hope I won't be seen as this womaniser now, because I'm in love with this boy. I always have been and I always will be" I smile.

It feels like a weight lifted off my shoulders.

"Well, you have our support. Thank you for tonight. I truly do wish you the best of luck in your life and careers"

Maybe Zayn was right.

This isn't the end for us.

Maybe it's simply just the beginning.