Drive, drive...DRIVE!!!

Kailee's P.O.V.

 I pull A out the kitchen and we casually walk out like we hadn't just almost been killed, or murdered someone. I smile at the receptionist and she fake smiles back, I hand over the second half of the money and leave with A. I throw the bags into the back seat and jump into the drivers seat, A hops in besides me and I drive off onto the main road. "That was to close." I say and let out a deep breath, A is just looking out the window obviously lost in thought. "I'm sorry you had to see all that." I say and check to see if anyone is following us, there isn't as far as I can tell but something in my gut is telling me to be ready.

"It's fine, you gotta do what you gotta do I guess." He says and smiles a weak smile at me, I nod my head and focus back on the road. 5 minutes later A is constantly checking behind us. "Do you feel like someone's watching us?" I roll my shoulders, I knew I could feel something.

"Yes, I think it's time to shake them off our tail for a while....don't you?" A smiles and starts to prepare a gun, I raise an eyebrow and try not to smile.

"You never know what's gonna happen" I chuckle and start to speed up on the empty road.

"Well then, lets see." I say before swerving around and driving past a car which is going the other way, I listen for when they will notice and hear the squeal of tyres spinning around. Oh they never know when to quit. I quickly turn right off the road and onto a different junction and I see a forest coming up, I know this country like the back of my hand and if we hide in there we should be safe. I hear them drive past and I quicken the speed and pull into the forest and cut the engine off. It all goes dark and we're left in the quietness of the night, it's much easier to hear the idiots chasing us.

I glance at A to see his knee bouncing and it's distracting me, I reach out and stop him dead in his tracks, he turns to look at me I see fear and excitement in his eyes. "Calm down,we won't be caught. But if we are." I say and grab the gun. "Fire it." I say and tighten his hand around his handle.

"But I... I've never fired one." I chuckle and grab his other hand and point it at the wind-screen.

"It's easy, keep both eyes open when you aim and just...fire." I say and pretend to hit the trigger. I smile and release his hands and he places the gun back onto his lap, just as the squealing tyres reverse and come charging down the road. I smile as they drive past and let out a breath, A still isn't relaxed so I give his hand a squeeze. "It'll be fine we'll stay here for the night if they come back we either fight or drive away....maybe both." A nods and leans back with his eyes closed. "Go to sleep A I'll stay up." And 2 minutes later his breathing grows steady and he curls onto his side like a small child, it brings a smile to my face to think of him as a child even if he is older than me.

I know they will come back and he'll never be safe unless I kill them all but that is a massive effort and I've not been able to do it for years now, but maybe it will change now that someone I care about is in danger. Wait, wait just wait brain! I care about him? As a friend! Yeah course, as a friend.

Oh don't kid yourself you like him.

I can't like him I'm his protector I won't let love get in the way.

But you love him!

Who said anything about love?

You did like 5 seconds ago.

"Shut up!" I say aloud frustrated, I cringe and look to A but he's still asleep only he's facing me now. I watch as a piece of hair falls into his face and makes his nose twitch, I giggle and remove it. No I can't like him........can I?

A's P.O.V.

I wake up to a quiet voice singing along to the radio, I peek out one and see Kailee singing along with the radio cautious not to wake me. I let out a yawn and Kailee's eyes snap to me, she lets out a smile and stops singing and turns back to the road. "Morning sleepy head." I smile at her and have a stretch.

"Morning, did you sleep?" I ask worried, she laughs and nods her head,

"More than I've had in a while." She says and pulls the car into a gas station.

"That's good." I say and smile at her.

"Yes it is, and no they didn't come back last night. But I expect we'll see them again....and soon." She says with a shake of her head. "Anyway I need to fill her up, if you see them just alert me or hide. And if necessary shoot." She says before climbing out the car and filling the car full of diesel. She thinks I can kill someone? Ha, she'd be lucky. I glance around and my heart leaps when Kailee climbs back in she looks at me and laughs. "Sorry A, didn't mean to scare you." I wave a hand to dismiss it but my heart continues to pump like I just ran a marathon.

"We best be off right?!" I say and get comfy trying to calm down my heart rate.

"Yeah I guess so, do you know where we are?" She asks and pulls out the station and drives along the main road.

"Nope, please tell me you do!" She laughs and nods her head.

"Yeah, don't look so worried. I was just curious on if you knew where we were." I sigh and glance around.

"Where are we?" She grins and points ahead.

"Wait for it, and don't take your eyes off the distance." She says driving towards the way she pointed, I keep my eyes straight ahead and suddenly see the ocean. No way we're at the edge of the country, already?! I though it'd take longer.

"And how are we crossing the sea?" I ask and Kailee just taps her nose and continues to drive, this girl is going to be the death of me.....maybe literally.  

**********************************************************************************************************************

OKay small note today, I just want to thank Naomi and SamieSands for voting for this book and anyone else who has :) It really means a lot and I'm glade you are enjoying this book xx :D Katie :D