Chapter 125.

My phone buzzes on the dresser breaking me out of my laughter. Hardin is closest to the obnoxious device and he stands up to retrieve it for me.

"Landon." He says and places the phone in my palm.

"Hello?" I answer.

"Hey Tessa, my mother insisted I call you to see if you were going to come over for Christmas?"

"Oh.. yea I am. What time?" I ask.

"Noon, she has already started cooking so if I were you I wouldn't eat anything until then." He laughs.

"I won't, I will start fasting now." I joke.

"Is there anything I should bring? I know Karen is a much better cook than me but I could make something, like a desert maybe?" I offer.

"Yea, you can bring a desert.. and also.. I know this is awkward and if you aren't comfortable with it then that's okay.. but they want to invite Hardin and his mum." His voice lowers.

"Oh..really?'

"Yea, but if you and Hardin aren't getting along.."

"We are. Sort of." I interrupt. Even when Hardin and I were at our best we still didn't get along. Hardin raises his brow at my reply and I give him a nervous smile.

"If you could just pass the invite along they would really appreciate it."

"I will." I assure him. 

I am not sure how well that would go over, with Anne and Hardin at Ken's home for the holiday but I will surely ask Hardin.

"What should I get them, like gift wise?" I ask,

"Nothing! You don't have to bring gifts."

I keep my eyes on the wall and try not to focus on Hardin's steady gaze on me.

"I am bringing gifts, what should I get?"

"Well, get my mum something for the kitchen and Ken would go for a paperweight or something."

"A paperweight? That's a dreadful gift." I snort and he laughs.

"Well don't get him a tie because I did." He says.

"Okay, no tie."

"Well let me know if you need anything between now and then, I have to help clean the house." He groans before hanging up.

"You are going there for Christmas?" Hardin asks when I place my phone on the nightstand.

"Yea.. I don't want to go to my mother's."

"I don't blame you." He rubs his chin with his index finger and continues. "You could stay here?"

"You could come with me." I pick at my fingernails on my lap.

"And leave my mum here alone?" He scoffs.

"No! Of course not, Karen and your dad want her to come.. you too, Both of you."

"Yea right."

"Really, Landon just told me that. He wanted me to ask you if you both would come."

"Why would my mum want to go there with my father and his new wife?"

"I.. I don't know but it could be nice to have everyone together."

I am not sure how exactly that would go because I don't know what type of relationship Anne and Ken have now, if they have one at all. It's also not my place to try to 'bring everyone together" I am not part of their family, I am not even Hardin's girlfriend.