Chapter 182.

"Thanks again for helping me out there, no one else has any interest in that old greenhouse. Just imagine what we can do to it in the summer, if you're still here." Karen smiles.

She made a pot of tea for us after we came inside and I am finishing the last of it as she speaks.

"Thanks again for the tea." I tell her before heading upstairs.

I'm surprised to find that it's already nine o'clock. I still have some homework to do before I go to bed so I lay my notes out on the bed and try my best to get some work done. I feel like I'm constantly busy with school, work, Hardin, Zed, Landon, my mother.. I haven't talked to my mother in almost two weeks.

I lean over and grab my phone from the nightstand to call my mother.

She answers on the second ring.

"Hello?" Loud noises fill the background.

"Hey.. how are you?" I ask her.

"I'm good, I'm actually having dinner with the Porter's. Tessa says hello everyone!" She says loudly.

"Oh.." I miss the Porter's. They were always so sweet to me.

"They say hello dear. They just got back from Mammoth this morning so we are grabbing a late dinner." My mother tells me.

She has always been obsessed with the Porter's. Their enormous house and their country club memberships make her practically foam at the mouth.

"How are you feeling? Is everything healed? You'll need to make an appointment with your doctor just to check up on everything. Don't forget to do that, I know how you forget things." She talks down to me.

I never forget things, actually.

"I already have made an appointment for next week." I lie.

"Oh, well that's nice. I've got to run Noah's lovely girlfriend is telling us all about her plans for college next year."

"His girlfriend's there?" I don't know why I'm asking, I'm just curious really.

I know I shouldn't have asked about her because that's exactly what my mother wanted.

"Yeah she's a lovely girl. You would like her, Becca you'll have to meet my daughter one day." She says.

"Uhm... yeah." I mumble and pray my mother doesn't put the girl on the line.

I hope she treats Noah the way he should be treated, he is so kind.

"I'm going to get off the phone, I don't want to be rude." She says in her fakest tone ever.

I still wonder why she was being so nice the day of my accident but it's good to know she is back to her normal self again.

I try to get as much work done as I possibly can but I end up falling asleep on top of my notes.

Hardin's POV.

"Has she been driving herself to Vance?" I ask Landon and I follow him out of my father's office.

"Yeah, she missed a few days when she was.. well you already know."

"Hmm.." I lower my voice as we walk past the room that is Tessa's for now.

I don't want to think of how I hurt her, not right now.

"Do you think she's in there?" I ask quietly.

"I don't know, probably." He shrugs.

"I should just.." I turn the door knob and it opens with a small creak.