Chapter 195.

"You should have seen your face, you were so freaked out." I tease as we pull out of the lot.

"Damn right I was." He shakes his head and I lay mine against the window.

"What were you thinking?"

"How fast I could run out of there." He half smiles.

"Run? Nice."

"I'd leave you my keys."

"Thanks."

A minute of silence passes between us until I continue my questioning on a subject that I know he despises.

"You really would have ran?"

"Yes, Tess."

"I mean hypothetically if that had been true and I found out I was pregnant, you would have bolted?"

He takes a deep breath and takes a moment to answer. 

"No, I guess not. But I would have been very upset with you."

"Why?"

"What do you mean why? Because that would fuck up my entire life, and yours."

"Yeah, I know it would but the blame wouldn't solely be mine."

"Why are we even discussing this shit?"

"I was just wondering, it's okay to have conversations about it. It's not happening, I just wanted to know how you would have felt about it. I feel the same way, for now."

"What do you mean for now?" He looks over at me.

"I don't want a child right now so I would have been devastated too."

His mouth opens to speak but closes, repeats the action again before finally responding.

"I think this is a dangerous subject for us."

"There shouldn't be any dangerous subjects, we should have open communication. That's where the majority of our problems come from, lack of communication." I say.

Like the fact that I'm moving to Seattle in a week and a half and haven't told you!

"I know..." He sighs.

"I know how you feel about having kids in the future and you know how I feel about them. Honestly, if you were pregnant right now I'd lose my mind, whatever the hell is left of it at least. I'd feel trapped and I wouldn't have any fucking clue what to do. I'm getting expelled and you would have to move across the world while pregnant, add some cameras and we'd have ourselves a shitty reality show."

I try to ignore his comment about me moving across the world because that isn't happening. I should wait until I am pumped full of antibiotics to argue back.

But I did just say we need open communication.

"I'm glad you would feel trapped," I scoff and continue, "And I wouldn't be going to England. That isn't going to happen so stop acting like you're so sure that it is."

"This is what I'm talking about. We are bickering over a hypothetical child."

"So, we would just find something else to bicker over anyway."

"True." He smiles.

I'm glad to see the mood is lightening, the air was getting too thick for comfort.

"I'll run it inside for you." Hardin says when we arrive at Conner's to drop my prescription off.

"I'll come in with you, I need to grab a few things." I unbuckle my seatbelt and follow him inside.