Chapter 167.

"Professor Soto said he will give me the class assignments for this week if I brought my friends to his show, so I will be expecting that today." I smile at Landon.

The ache in my chest grows each hour that I don't hear from Hardin. I'm pretty sure he didn't come home at this point, that or he's ignoring me. If anyone should be ignoring anyone, it's me. I know pushing marriage with him isn't something he wants, and I know it's too soon but it's not marriage that I am pushing, its just some type of future. I have been through hell and back for him and he doesn't think about me when it comes to these types of things. I am glad that I stood up to him but I do miss him.

"That's a little odd, don't you think?" Landon says as we enter the classroom for our religion class.

"What is?"

"That he basically bribed you to see him outside of the classroom.."

"It's not like he asked me to come alone or anything." I shrug.

I don't get that creepy, dangerous vibe from Professor Soto at all. If anything, the fact that he stood up to Hardin made me respect him more. I am used to everyone being intimidated by him so it's refreshing when someone puts him in his place.

"I still think it's inappropriate." Landon says.

"Okay Hardin." I tease, my chest tightening at the use of his name.

"I'm just saying, be careful. Where is Hardin anyway? He didn't stalk you to the coffee house this morning." Landon grins.

"He's.. well I don't know actually. He didn't come home last night." I sigh and take my seat in the front row.

"What do you mean he didn't come home, from Canal Place or whatever it's called?"

"Canal Street Tavern.. but no we left there together but he was in a bad mood because he had an awkward exchange with Professor Soto and then we got in a fight over our future and the fact that he doesn't want one with me. He said he wouldn't even move to Seattle with me."

"Wait.. Professor Soto and Hardin?" Landon whispers, looking around the room.

"Yeah, it was basically just a pissing contest. Hardin was already in a bad mood anyway so that just pushed him over the edge I guess."

"That's really awkward. What makes you think he doesn't want a future with you?" Landon asks.

"He said it. He literally said that he hasn't thought about a future and he doesn't want to then he said that if I don't like it I can leave." I feel embarrassed repeating the hurtful things that he said to me, even to Landon who I trust the most.

"He said that?"

"Yeah, he said that me bringing up marriage to him is psychotic."

"But asking you to move in before anyone even knew you were together isn't?"

"That's exactly what I said. He is so confusing." I rub my temples.

"It's ten after nine, shouldn't class have already started?" The girl behind us says loudly.

When I look up Professor Soto is entering the room, he is wearing a leather jacket over a white button up shirt and tie.

"Morning everyone! Sorry I'm late, I had a late night last night." He smiles and shakes his jacket from his shoulders before throwing it across the back of his chair.

"I hope everyone took the time to either purchase or steal a journal?" He says and Landon and I look at one another and pull our journals out.

It amazes me how unprepared college students are. I should have brought one of my extras for one of my unprepared classmates.