Chapter 137.

I decide to wear my hair straight today to try something different but when I finish it looks odd so I end up curling it as usual. I am taking too long to get ready and it is probably getting close to time to leave. From the steam in the bathroom when I first entered I know that Anne has already taken a shower which is good because I won't be hogging the bathroom. I am nervous for today and how it will go. I hope Hardin is on his best behavior, or at least tries to be.

I go with simple makeup, only wearing a little foundation, black eyeliner and mascara. I was going to use eye shadow as well but I have had to remove the messy line from my top eyelid three times before finally getting it right.

"Are you alive?" Hardin's voice calls through the door.

"Yes, I am almost done." I reply and brush my teeth once more before exiting the bathroom.

"I'm going to take a quick shower then we need to go if you still want to go to my dad's." Hardin says when I enter the room.

"Okay, I will get dressed while you are in the shower."

After he leaves the room I walk over to the closet and grab the black dress I bought to wear today. The black material is thick and the neckline is high. The bow covering my waist is much bigger than it looked when I tried the dress on the other day but I will be wearing a cardigan over it anyway because the dress is sleeveless and it's freezing outside. I retrieve my charm bracelet from the dresser and clasp it over my wrist. My stomach flutters each time I read the perfect words.

I can't decide on what shoes to wear, if I wear heels I will probably look too dressy. I go with black flats, pull my white cardigan over the dress and wait for Hardin to get out of the shower. Minutes later he opens the door wearing only a towel tied around his waist. Oh. No matter how many times I see him, I still lose my breath at the sight of him. Staring at Hardin's half naked body I do not understand how tattoos were not appealing to me before.

"Holy shit." He says as his eyes rake up and down my body.

"What?"

"You look.. incredibly innocent."

"Is that good or bad? It's Christmas, I didn't want to look indecent." I explain, unsure of what I chose to wear.

"Good. Very good." His tongue snakes over his bottom lip and I have to look away before we start something that we should not finish. Not right now at least.

"Thank you. What are you wearing?"

"What I always wear."

"Oh."

"I am not dressing up to go to my dad's house."

"I know.. maybe you could wear that shirt your mother got you for Christmas?" I suggest even though I know he won't.

"Not happening." He says and walks over to pull his jeans off of the hanger. The hanger falls to the ground and he leaves it there.

I decide not to say anything, instead I walk away from the closet as Hardin's towel falls to the floor.

"I'm going to go out there with your mom." I tell him and try to force myself not to look down his body.

"Suit yourself." He smirks and I leave the room.

When I find Anne in the living room she is wearing a red dress and black heels, much different from her usual track suit.

"You look so beautiful." I tell her.

"You're sure? Is it too much, with the makeup and all?" She asks nervously.

"No, not at all. You look great." I assure her, she really does look great.