Chapter 176.

"I'm so sorry that he pushed you like that." Zed tells me as I swipe the warm cloth across his busted cheek.

The skin is cut open and just won't stop bleeding.

"No, it's not your fault. I'm sorry you keep getting drug into this." I sigh and dip the cloth back into his sink.

He had offered to take me back to Landon's instead of fulfilling our previous plan of seeing a movie but I didn't want to go back to Landon's. I didn't want Hardin to show up there and cause a scene because no one would be there to keep him away from me. He's probably there destroying their entire house right now.

God I hope not.

"It's cool. I know how he is, I'm just glad he didn't hurt you. Well, worse than he did." He sighs.

"I'm going to apply pressure to this so it may hurt." I warn him.

"Okay." He says and closes his eyes as I press the cloth to his skin and apply as much pressure as I can.

The cut is deep, it looks like it may scar even. I hope not, Zed's face is too perfect to hold a scar like this and I certainly don't want to be the cause of it.

"Done." I say and he smiles despite the fact that his mouth is swollen as well.

Why am I always cleaning up wounds?

"Thank you." He smiles again as I rinse off the blood stained towel.

"I'll send you a bill." I tease.

"Are you sure you're okay though? You hit the ground pretty hard."

"Yeah, I'm a little sore but I'm fine." I tell him.

The events from tonight took a drastic turn for the worst when Hardin followed me outside. I had a feeling he wasn't too hurt by me leaving him but I thought he would be more effected than he was. He said he was busy and that's why he hadn't called me. Even though I thought he wouldn't care as much as I did, I thought he loved me enough to care a little.

He was acting as if nothing had even happened, as if we were friends having a causal conversation until he saw Zed and lost it. If anything I thought seeing Trevor would anger him and he would try to start a fight in front of everyone but he couldn't care less, until he saw Zed and he lost it.

At least Zed didn't push me to the ground. Regardless of how brokenhearted I am I know Hardin wouldn't hurt me purposely but this is the second time something like this happened. The first time I was quick to excuse his behavior. I was the one who convinced him to go to his father's for Christmas and he just couldn't handle it. Tonight was his fault, he shouldn't have even been there.

"Are you hungry?" Zed asks me as we walk out of his small bathroom and into the living room.

"No, I already ate at the party." I tell him, my voice is still hoarse from the excessive amount of sobbing on the way to Zed's apartment.

"Okay, we don't have much anyway but I could order you something if you want, so just let me know if you change your mind."

"Thank you." Zed is always so incredibly sweet to me.

"My roommate will be here in a little while but he won't bother you, he'll probably crash as soon as he gets in." He tells me.

"I really am sorry that this keeps happening."

"Don't apologize, like I said I'm just glad I was there for you. He seemed pretty angry when I got there."

"We were already fighting, go figure." I take a seat on the couch and wince.