Chapter Seventeen.

Destiny's POV

We were sitting on my bed, deciding which film we should watch. "So we've got, Mama, Love Actually and Hannah Montana the movie." He held up all 3 of the boxes. "Mama is way too scary, Hannah Montana too childish, so I guess it's Love Actually then." I said. Harry jumped a little and smiled widely. "Wow, what has gotten into you all of a sudden." I asked him. He just blushed and put the DVD in. "Nothing, it's just my favorite movie." I smiled. "Awww, that's so cute." 

I paused the film and sat up from my comfy spot in Harry's arms. He shot me a confused look. "I'm gonna get some popcorn and drinks." I smiled and pecked his lips. I got off the bed and walked downstairs, when a hand grabbed mine. I turned around and found Harry smirking at me. I squeezed his hand as we reached the kitchen. My mum and dad were sitting at the kitchen table as we walked in. My dad shot me a death glare and I quickly let go of Harry's hand. Not wanting him to get hurt.

"What are you doing Destiny Carolin?" My mum asked. "Harry and I are watching a film, we wanted some popcorn and a drink, since we were hungry." I said to her. She nodded. "So Harry is his name." She stood up and held her hand out. "Hello Harry, my name is Grace Carter. But you can call me Grace." She had a lovely smile on her face. I was grateful that she wasn't disgusted anymore. "Nice meeting you Miss." He said. 

The popcorn was popping in the microwave so we sat down with my mum for a while. My dad had left the house earlier, which I was quite happy about, something with a client. "So Harry, tell me a little bit about yourself." My mum said to him. He smiled and started telling. "Well, I'm Harry Styles, I'm 17 years old, I live with my mum and sister, Gemma." 

My mum nodded. "And why all the tattoos?" She asked him. "Uhm, it has to do with my past. I'd rather not talk about it." He said quietly. I have to ask him about that later. The microwave beeped and I got the popcorn out of it. I filled two glasses with coca cola and walked back to my room. Harry followed me. We watched the rest of the film in peace, as if the talk with my mum never happened. 

When the film ended, it was 10:30PM. I sat up and put the volume of the telly down. Harry shot me the same confused look as he did before. "When were you going to tell me?" I asked him. He knew I was talking about my mum's question. "Babe I-" I cut him off. "No excuses. When were you going to tell me?" "I don't know. It's hard for me to explain it." 

"Try." I said after a moment of silence. "Try what?" "Try to explain to me." He sighed and started. "I used to go to another school. I told you they used to bully me. I also used to have a great friend. He was gay. He got bullied even more. But we couldn't say anything about it, because the bullies were so strong, they could kill us. So we kept silent. We used our bodies as paper. Every one of our tattoos means something. One day, I got a letter. It was a rainy Saturday evening when I opened it. It read:

Dear Harry,

I can't take this anymore. The bullying is getting worse every day. I'm so sorry, but I really can't. I hope you'll survive without me. You are strong Haz, I know you are. Please make sure you're safe. I'm sorry for leaving you. 

Goodbye Harry. x 

I ran to his house, but I was too late. An ambulance was in front of their house, they carried the body of my best friend away. My best friend who shot himself." Harry was sobbing. I laid my hand on his shoulder as he continued. "Ever since then, I got more tattoos. I changed schools and the bullies got arrested.  They're in a jail in the US right now. I still miss him every day. And when I see my tattoos I have to think about him. He was all I had." I pecked his cheek softly. "It's okay Haz, he's watching over you. He's proud of you for staying strong, and so am I."