Confused

Chapter 8

My mind came back before my body. My eyes refused to open, my arms and legs hung lifeless. My head was pounding, I wonder if I hit it when I passed out. I felt exhausted, memories from last night, breakfast, Kat's questions while we were at the beauty salon, dad’s talk with me, round two with the twins and then them shifting into massive tiger's. It was all to much for one day. I wanted my mind to return to darkness, I didn’t want to think about it all.

 I could hear breathing and realized I was being carried, I could feel the wind in my hair and a warm liquid on the side of my face. The opening and closing of a door had me worried until I heard my father’s voice boom like I had never heard him before “WHAT HAPPENED TO MY DAUGHTER”. I’m sure if I could move my body I would have jumped at the sound, I cringed inside my head. “I’m so sorry, I got carried away, my tiger took full control. I… I’m so sorry, I didn’t mean for it to happen, oh god I didn’t mean for it to happen” Ryder’s voice came from somewhere in the room, he sounded absolutely broken. I wanted to hold him, to tell him I was fine and it wasn’t his fault but my body still wouldn’t wake up.

 “Ryder call your father now, get him down here to look at April. Your lucky one of your dad's is a doctor boy” dad’s voice came again not as loud this time. I could tell Ryder hesitated for a moment before leaving the room. “Ryan you better tell me what bloody happened out there” dad said once Ryder was gone.

“Sir, we were out running, our tigers were restless with not being with April so we thought we would let them out to try and relax a bit. We smelt her in the forest and started towards her. The closer we got her stronger her emotions were. She was so upset about something, we could smell her tears. We shifted back just before we got to her and knew straight away she needed us and we needed to comfort her. One thing lead to another and Ryder's tiger to over, and wouldn’t back down”

I was still in Ryan’s arms, he held me so close to him. I felt treasured and warm and safe and I never wanted to leave this spot. I heard Ryan swallow before continuing. “Once he was away from her I attacked him. I was so angry that he could have hurt April or scare her away from us. My tiger wanted blood. He shifted and so did I. We attacked each other. April saw the whole thing Mr Yearly. Then she fainted and hit her head on a rock. She told us to “stop” just as she went down. We broke apart but it was too late she was already on the ground bleeding”.    

 My dad remained quiet. I was willing my body to wake up to tell him it wasn’t the twins fault, it was mine. It had been an emotionally draining day. My emotions seemed to be in over drive and I was being a bit of a drama queen. This whole thing started because I didn’t want anymore orgasms. Seriously who in their right mind thinks “No more. I’m happy with the 3 I've already had thanks”.

 “Where is she” Garret’s voice pulled me from my musing. “Ryan lay her on the couch so I can look at her” he said to his son.

“Dad I can’t let her go” Ryan said quietly. I felt myself being moved, I’m pretty sure I was laying across two laps and the heat coming off them and that tightening feeling in my stomach, I knew it was both twins under me.

“I'll clean the wound and see how deep the cut is on her eyebrow. She may need stitches” Garret said. Both Ryan and Ryder were tense beneath me. A hand gingerly touched my leg where Ryder had his grip on me earlier. Someone else was holding one of my hands.

 “I feel sick, how could I have caused this dad, I bruised her skin, I completely lot control” a sob like voice came from Ryder, it had to be him that was touching my leg.

“It happens sometimes son even to the best of us. Our tigers are strong, their emotions stronger. You got caught up in the mating heat. Your tiger was showing its dominance over your mate, he just got carried away. With time you will have better control over the animal within. You need to remember that the mating heat doesn't help things either” Garret's voice sounded confident as he spoke.