Ouch

A HUGE MASSIVE THANK YOU TO @greeneyes93 for the AWESOME NEW COVER!!!!!!!

Chapter 33

As the water shot out of the shower head I raised my face towards it. The tiny droplets of water hitting my face, leaving a tiny sting in its place. My body calming and the water washing away the earlier activities in the back of the car, washing and relieving the built up stress and tension that I have been carrying around with me. It is funny how you know it’s there, the stress and the tension but you quickly learn to just carry it and go on. Letting it build and build and then moments like these when I’m on my own and have time to process some of the things going on in my life.

The Twins showing up again after their long time absence. How I was so ready to let go for the short time we had spent together and move on with my life but one look at them and I was home and they are my life, my future.

The sperm donor that is so callus and cold towards me for reasons that are his own fault and had nothing to do with me. How he called for me to come into his life and make demands that won’t benefit me or our relationship. He made it perfectly clear I won’t be a part of his or his son’s life even if me helping them does work out in there favour.

My Dad, the man that raised me. Chased the monsters away that would live in my room. The Dad I have always loved and cherished even though for such a long time I didn’t know the complete truth. He was there when I was born and he helped name me.

The family that I have now, none of them have the same blood as me. Our DNA is different but Dad, Ryan, Ryder, Jake, their Tigers and Kat are my family. They are the people that I love and look forward to everyday being in my life. Every thought about the future has them in it.

When I finished my shower, I could hear Miley Cyrus’s Wrecking Ball playing and one of the twin’s deep voices trying to mimic a girl’s voice as they sang along. Wrapping a towel around myself, I hesitantly opened the bathroom door.

My eyes took in Ryan laying on his stomach facing the foot of the bed looking out the bedroom door. His whole body was shaking with repressed laughter, his green eyes met mine and his laughter increasing. Ryder’s dancing body came in front of me, he was shirtless, wearing a fitted pair of dark denim jeans, and bare footed. His singing rivalled mine and that is saying something. What’s that saying? Something about strangling a cat…

Ryder’s hips were making weird jerking movements in unnatural angles. One of his hands gripped what I think is the TV remote and his other keeps going to his hair gripping it, than rubbing all over his body. He looked ridiculous and considering he didn’t know all the words to the song it didn’t stop him from trying to belt it out.

One of my hands gripped the towel around me and the other automatically went to my mouth to try and stop myself from laughing. Ryder lept forward towards the bed singing “He Came in Like a Wrecking Ball” and landed on Ryan who only just managed to roll onto his back trying to get away. Straddling Ryan’s chest, fighting off his hands Ryder continued singing and trying to do those weird hip movements.

I lost it, completely lost it. I lent again the bathroom door as my body was taken over by the effects of laughing so hard. Ryder gave Ryan’s hands another big slap away from him, his blue eyes full of humour looked at me. “April Baby, I had to occupy myself while you were in the shower, Ryan was being boring as always. Then he wouldn’t let me come in and join you, saying that you need “You” time. So I ordered lunch and waited and waited and then I found the music channel on TV and I know how much Ryan hates when I sing so…” he trailed off with a shrug and gave me another big smile.

“Get off me you fat shit” Ryan’s voice had me glance down at him still stuck under his brother. Ryder had managed to get a hold of both his wrists and held him restrained as he sat there smiling at me.