Welcome Home - Ryan POV - Green Eyes Twin

Chapter 19 - Ryan the Green Eyed Twin

My heart is pound so hard and fast. I’m waiting for it to bust through my rib cage and take off leaving my body behind. I can feel my eyes water and I know it is because I haven’t blinked. I’m too afraid to take my eyes off her.

Between Ryder and my connection our emotions are in over drive. To long have we been without our mate. To long have we allowed our selves to feel what this beautiful woman does to us and makes us feel.

We arrived back the day after Jake seen April and Kate by our waterfall. Since then we have stalked our mate. Followed her every move, sensed her emotions and felt her body’s fatigue.

Stalking her has allowed us to see how much our time apart has changed her. She carries her self better now, doesn’t seem to try and hide her self as much and comes across more confident and self assured. This saddens us both, Ryder and I wanted to help her find her confidence and know that we showed her, her path to being true to her self.

3 years is an impossible time to be without your mate when they are still alive. Stalking April pleases our tigers and helps make them content. A repeat of what happened last time when the three of us were together can never be repeated.

We are stronger now and more in control of the animal within, but pleasing them and making them content is important so they don’t try to dominate again. We know if our control lessens over them they will seize the opportunity and take over again and all of us know that the results will be our mate’s death. So failing in our control isn’t an option.

Watching her through the window of the restaurant we made Jake take her too is like looking at a master piece of perfect art. No one can be more perfect to us. Our existence is her now. We learnt our control and to master our tigers. We stayed and made sure the last of the younger cubs could control their adolescent tigers and weren’t a danger to themselves or others because it was our fault they shifted when they did and our responsibility to make them stable again. Only then could we return to make things right with April.

“Ready too go in?” Ryder asks in a low voice. He is nervous, it’s coming off him in waves. He believes that we aren’t worthy of her now and doesn’t want to face the rejection she could give us. After waiting so long, for her to walk away from us now would be catastrophic to us and something we would never recover from.

“Lets get this over with” I respond and head towards the door of the restaurant. On the outside we look cool, calm and collected but on the inside a tsunami is hitting.

We slip into the booth across from her, surprising her with our presences. Her lips part slightly as she stares at us, her eyes water. A shaky hand sets down the menu that’s she is holding. Her fists clench and unclench a few times. Her tongue darts out to wet her mesmerizing lips. Her beautiful eyes continue to look between us.

I need her to say something, to get up and slap us. To squirm like she use to under our intense gaze. I need to know that she is feeling something towards us even if it is anger and hurt but she just sits there and continues to stare back not revealing anything.

Ryder breaks the silence first “Hey Baby” he says quietly from beside me, her eyes dart to him watching his mouth move as he continues to talk to her. “You have know idea how much I have missed you, how much we have missed you. We have a lot of explaining to do and we beg you to hear us out ok?”

Still she sits there unmoving just looking. Her breathing is slightly faster but not noticeable, her heart is going crazy in her chest just like ours.

It’s killing me, I force my self to say something to bring her attention to me. I want those eyes of hers looking into mine.

“April, can you please say something so we know you aren’t going into shock kitten?” Any words out of her mouth are what I need but still she says nothing just stares now at me because I was the last to speak.