Battle Of The Wills

Chapter 12

The rest of the school week rushed by, people laid off me a fare bit, nasty and disgusted look were still thrown my way and boys making suggestive hand movements and facial expressions. I could guarantee by now if I walked down the hall or into any class people would still whisper about me and laugh. So it was easy to say the spot light was still on me, I was secretly thankful the twins weren’t at school because I think it would be worse if I was seen with the two of them. I believe it would just refuel the fire in the gossip department.

I tried to just focus on my education when I was at school but knew I was failing at that. By the time I got home in the afternoon I would have hours of homework to do to try and learn what I was meant to in class and the normal homework and assignments I was given. I also had to try and help the twins stay on top of their work that the school was sending home everyday with Jake.

By the time I crawled into bed every night I was exhausted and fell asleep straight away. I was also never alone. Always there was someone with me, at home and at school. I wanted to be by myself for awhile. I felt crowed and was beginning to suricate. By the time the first week of school ended I was ready to draw blood. Anyone that talked to me got snapped at, I felt like I was crawling out of my own skin. I text the twins telling them not to pick me up to that I wanted to walk home by myself. I figured the 20 minute walk would do me good. But when I walked out of school and saw Ryan’s car in the student parking lot my emotions went in overdrive. Instead of just being angry I was atomic bomb angry. My hand twitched with the need to hit something. I have never been an aggressive person but right now when I wanted that me time, when I craved it they weren’t giving me space.

Instead of walking into the car park I headed straight for the school gate. My body was so tense angry tears sprang to my eyes when I heard them yell out to me and started my way.

20 minutes was all I asked for, shit I hadn’t even been able to go the toilet in peace without one of them standing outside the door.

I promised I would try with them and I really had been but for the last few years I have grown accustom to my own company with dad always being gone. I would see Kat and Jake at school everyday and we would hang out most afternoons but the nights were usually mine to do what I wanted with and only be concerned for me. I loved my time. I think everyone does and I know that the twins even have been having their own time away from each other during the day when I at school. So really is 20 minutes really to much, is it to much to want to clear my head of the exhausting week that is now over with and relieve some tension so that I can make the most out of my weekend.

I stopped walking to turn around when I heard them approaching and what ever look was on my face stopped them both in there tracks. Ryder took a hesitant step towards me and said “Is everything ok Baby”. I spoke slowly through clenched teeth “What    Are    You   Doing    Here”. “We came to pick you up Ryan wanted to spend some time with you and I had a surprise organised for just you and me”. Now I felt like an arse they were always thinking about me and doing sweet things all the time but my body continued to hang on to the anger and you could hear it in my voice when I spoke “Did you not get my text, it would have only taken me 20 minutes to walk home that’s it, I understand that you have stuff organised but would the walk home have interfered to much in your plans”. By the look on Ryder’s face he seemed to finally understand that I needed me time. Ryan on the other hand said “Well if you want to walk home so bad kitten we will walk with you and get some one else to take to car”. Four words that sounded even scary to me came out “DO NOT FOLLOW ME” the words promised extreme pain to anyone that did take them on board. With that said I turned and started walking again. It was a beautiful afternoon and I couldn’t enjoy it. I couldn’t clear my head or ease my bodies tension. I got home 15 minutes later due to the speed I had been walking at I was that least thankful to see the twins weren’t their.