Dating My Teachers Brother. Part 24

CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR

“Are you sure you don’t need to go to the hospital?” I asked Lee as we walked home from town. It’s been three days since he got into a fight with Sean, and I have to admit, his nose looked pretty bad.

“Well mum didn’t think I needed to. She just thinks it’s badly bruised,” he said as if it was nothing. “It doesn’t look that bad does it” He brought his hand up to his nose and touched it slightly. He hissed slightly as he retracted his hand from the red and purple nose.

“Don’t touch it if it hurts,” I said laughing at him.

“Well I didn’t know it was going to hurt.” He tried defending himself.

“If you know it’s badly bruised, you’re clearly going to know that it’s going to hurt.” He rolled his eyes and bumped my shoulder with his.

“So have you talked to Sean or Williams yet?” He asked as we waited to cross the road.

“I haven’t talked to Sean since Friday and I talked to Paul on Saturday. I just can’t be bothered discussing it with them. I don’t know if Sean has caught on I don’t want to talk to him again.” He looked at me sympathetically but I just smiled. “I mean if he didn’t hit you and I broke up with him, I would talk to him if he wanted to. But since he hit you, I don’t want to anymore.” He wrapped his arm around my shoulders, while we walked across the road.

“It’s because I’m the best guy you know.” I laughed and wrapped my arm around his waist. “And you would choose me over any guy right?” I smiled and nodded.

“I would Lee. But only if you did the same,” he looked down at me and smirked.

“Well seeing as I’m not gay,” I rolled my eyes and hit his shoulder. He chuckled and ruffled my hair. “Of course I’d choose you over and girl. All those years of being best buds means a lot more than some girl.” I laughed as we turned into my street.

“So if you got yourself a girlfriend that you really liked, and she absolutely hated me, you wouldn’t ditch me?” I asked with a smile.

“Of course I wouldn’t. I’d tell her either to get over it or we’re over. And you better do the same,” I laughed and nodded at him. “And that means the world to me,” I shook my head as we walked down my driveway. “Are your parents home?” He asked as I unlocked my front door.

“Nope, working until 8. Why, are you scared they hate you?” I teased while walking into my house. He laughed sarcastically as we dropped out bags by the door.

“Why would I when your parents love me?” I laughed and walked into the living room. “Exactly,” I fell onto the couch and stretched my legs out. “So when are you going to talk to Sean? You can’t avoid him forever,” Lee said lifting my legs up and sitting down. I sighed and shrugged.

“I did well today,” he chuckled and grabbed the remote from the table.

“That’s because he’s not in school.”

“I deal with it tomorrow. If he hasn’t realised by now that I’m pissed off at him and don’t want to talk to him, then he’s never going to get it. Life would’ve been so much easier if Sean stayed with his parents.” I said while I watched Lee turned on the TV.

“How come he didn’t stay with his parents? If he hates Williams so much, surely he would stay with his parents.”

“I don’t know. I think he heard Paul talking about me to his sister and he wanted to get back at him. Because apparently he’s to blame for their parent’s marriage problems.” He nodded as he flicked through the channels.

“Yeah you’ve said before. But are they still having problems?” I shrugged and rolled onto my side.

“I don’t know, and I don’t really care. From what Paul’s told me, they’re not the nicest people in the world. They haven’t talked to Paul in years and they’ll probably hate him more when they find out that he’s dating his student.”

“Not to mention you were dating his brother first,” I turned my head and narrowed my eyes at him.

“Thanks for pointing out the obvious Lee,” he chuckled and glanced at me.

“That’s what I do,” I rolled my eyes and looked back at the TV. “You’ve seen me fight him before; I can always do it again.” I laughed as he started hitting the air.

“You’re already suspended; you don’t want to be expelled.” He shrugged and set the remote on the chair. “I think that’s worthy than more than a shrug. If you get expelled your screwed for getting into University.” He looked at me and laughed.

“There’s more than one school in the country. And I’m not the stupid anyway,” I gave him a flat look before he looked back at the TV.

“Well, I do wonder sometimes.” He hit my leg gently while still looking at the TV. “Le can I ask you a question?” I asked after a few minutes.

“Sure,” he said without looking away from the TV.

“You know the way I applied for colleges in other towns and cities?” He nodded still looking at the TV. “There’s a chance that I won’t be here for a few years. That means we’ll barely see each other.” He looked over at me and smiled slightly.

“It doesn’t really matter Ray. I’ll still see you when you come back for holidays and stuff. And that’s if you move away; you still might go here.” He said with a slight shrug. “But do you really want o leave home at sixteen?” He asked lying down beside me. I rolled on my back so he could prop his head up on his hand. “I mean, some people find it hard at eighteen. I think you might find it a bit difficult.” I sighed and played with the end of my tie. I hate school uniforms so much.

“Williams said he’d move with me,” I whispered not knowing how he would react.

“Wow,” he said calm but I knew he was confused. “That’s some big step,” I nodded not knowing what to say. “Is he being serious? Are you sure he didn’t just say it because of the moment?” I let out a breath and shrugged.

“He sounded serious. It wasn’t like it was just of the moment. He brought it up and said it without me even hinting at it.” He rested his head against the arm of the sofa and crossed his arms over his chest.

“Would you want him to go with you? If he’s willing to,” I smiled slightly and nodded.

“Yeah I would, but no at the same time. He’s only in his second year at the school, he likes teaching there and everyone loves him. And I guess it shows how serious he is and I’m kinda scared about that.” I admitted, still nervously fiddling with my tie. “I’m serious about him. I just never expect this all to happen so soon.” I turned to Lee and he smiled slightly.

“I think he’ll go even if you don’t want him to. And it's not a bad thing that he's serious about you. But I wouldn't worry about it right now. You won't find out which college you'll go to until August. But I don't think him going with you us such a bad idea." I laughed and rested my hands on my stomach.

"Are you sure you wouldn't break his legs so he couldn't come with me?" He chuckled and shook his head.

“He probably will still go. I could see him getting one of his friends to drive him down. Would he have a friend like that?” I looked at him and shrugged.

“I don’t know. I haven’t met any of his friends. When we went out it would just be me and him. He’s never actually told me about any of his friends.” He laughed and sat back up.

“That’s not fair, he knows your friends.” I smiled and rolled onto my side, laying my legs on his lap.

“That’s because he’s your Maths teacher, he sees you every day.” He shrugged and looked back over to the TV.

“Maybe he’s got no friends,” he said with a smirk.

“I hardly think he’s got now friends. He’s 22 he’s bound to have friends.” I said while laughing. “Maybe he just doesn’t want me to meet his friends.” I started picking at my fingernails. But to be honest, I didn’t even convince myself with what I just said. I’ve never really thought about it until Lee brought it up. Now I’m curious as to why I’ve never met any of his friends. I know it’s probably no big deal, but it’d be nice to know why I’ve never met them. But I don’t think I can just come out and ask him. But I guess a little bluntness never hurt anybody. And I don’t get him getting so mad at asking why I’ve never met his friends.

“Just ask him and see what he says. He’s a big part of your life; you’re gonna want to know about him and his friends.” I looked at Lee and smirked.

“Where’d that come from? ‘He’s a big part of you life’?” He looked at me and laughed.

“It’s true though isn’t it? Unless you’re using him just for the fun of it.” He asked raising an eyebrow at me. I lifted my foot and gently kicked his chest. He laughed and brought his hand to his chest, where I had kicked him. “I’m only joking,” I rolled my eyes and looked at the TV. “So are you going to talk to him soon? If you haven’t talked to him since Saturday he might think you’re not talking to him.” I shrugged in response to his question.

“I don’t know. I guess it’s not a bad thing though. Since I know that I can finally break up with Sean, I’ve studied better. I mean we got through so much this weekend; even with you being suspended.” He chuckled but nodded. “I’ll just wait until someone else says something. Sean will probably try to talk to me before he gets back to school. Do you know what Lee?” I asked making him look at me. “We should just spend our time with each other, twenty-four seven. That way I don’t have to talk to anyone and I’ll pass my exams.” He laughed and shook his head at me.

“If that’s what you want Ray, it’ll get me out of football practice.” He smirked and looked back at the TV. “But seriously Ray, if he wants to go, let him go. You know he’ll go anyway. There's not a lot that would stop him." I looked at Lee and sighed.

"Maybe just Xavier and my parents." He turned his head to look at and narrowed his eyes.

"I thought Xavier was friends with him?" I nodded but he just looked more confused.

"That probably makes it worse. One of his best friends dating his little sister. Not to mention he's six years older than me and he's my teacher. That will probably be why my parents won't like him. I don’t think you’ll be the only one to give him a black eye.” He chuckled and shook his head at me.