Dating My Teacher's Brother. Part 37

Hola mi amigos :) (If that's wrong I'm sorry, I've never done spanish but I wanted ot put it in :)) Anyways, sorry for the delay but I had a little bit of writeers block for this chapter and I've no free time. I think there will be probably be three more chapter bring it up to a nice round 40 :) THere probably won't be a sequel but it'd be good to see what you guys think :)
Please Vote Comment and Become a Fan :) Adiós :D
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

CHAPTER THIRTY-SEVEN

“We’re going out here Rachel.” My dad said walking into the living room. “There’s some money in the kitchen for some food. Are you going out tonight?” I looked away from the TV to my father.

“I’m going over to Paul’s in a little while. But I should be back later.” He smiled and nodded. “Have fun,” I wish I was going out to dinner with them. Sad times really. Sitting in the house at 5 o’clock on my own on a Saturday night. You can see I have a great social life.

“See you later,” they called leaving the house. Ah, the house to myself.

Paul came home yesterday afternoon after spending the night in hospital. When I went over to his house, he wouldn’t stop complaining. He’s one of those patients who think that they should have been sent home before they finally left. Something about he was fine, and the stupid doctors wouldn’t listen to him. I just sat there and nodded. It was quite funny really.

And I’ve not spoken to Xavier or Sean about yesterday. Xavier’s pretty much ignored me if he ever saw me. He left for work, went to the gym and when he came back he either went to his room or to the family room. I’ve not bothered him, because Xavier is the type of person who needs time to think about things. So I’m just going to give him another day or two, and if he doesn’t come talk to me, I’ll go talk to him.

 And it seems like Sean has gone back to his parents. He wasn’t at Paul’s house, and Paul said all of his clothes were gone. It looks like he’s finally out of here. But it won’t really matter in a few months because I won’t be here.

I pushed myself off of the couch to go get something to drink. I walked into the kitchen and grabbed a bottle of coke from the fridge. I grabbed the money and put it into my pocket. I probably would have gone out tonight if I had some balls. Someone from my year at school is throwing a party tonight and everyone is going, including Lee. He even pestered me for three days to go. But I always said the same thing; that I already had plans with Paul. But I was actually just scared to go.

I don’t know who knows about Paul and I and who doesn’t. I don’t want to go and have everyone look at my like some sort of slut. I’m sure at least half of my year, possibly even the school, know about us.

I groaned slightly as there was a knock on my door. I set my bottle down before leaving the kitchen. I fixed my cardigan walking down the hallway. If this is Lee again, I swear I’m going to hit him. I pushed down the handle and pulled the door open. You’ve got to be kidding me?

“Hey,” Sean said shoving his right hand into his pocket.

“What do you want?” I said bluntly.

“Well I think it’s kind of obvious.” Okay it was, but I might as well have asked. And he didn’t seem to be in the best of moods. But I know why and he’s entitled to be after what’s happened. And I could see the strip across his nose, helping it to heal. And his left arm was in a sling. I guess Paul wasn’t joking when he said what he did to Sean. “Am I meant to stand out here all day?” He broke my thoughts.

“Well I don’t particularly want you in my house. And I don’t really want to talk to you. So…” I trailed off hoping he would get the idea.

“So you don’t think we should talk about how you cheated on me with my brother? How you kept dating me even though you didn’t like me? That you were constantly lying to my face?” I felt my stomach twist with guilt as he said that. “I just want to talk. I’m leaving for summer and I know you won’t be here when I get back, so I just want to talk about things.” I debated for a minute before nodding. Was that a stupid idea? I closed the door behind him and went into the living room. Paul’s going to freak when I tell him this.

“What do you want to talk about then?” I sat down on the sofa, making sure he was on the other one.

“Maybe start with why you dated me in the first place? If you still liked Paul why would you date his brother?”

“Why did you ask me out when you knew Paul liked me?” I bet he didn’t see that one coming.

“Because I wanted to hurt him. But I actually started to like you. Then you go and date him in the end.” He told me with a laugh. “I just don’t get why you didn’t end things when you found out that Paul liked you?” I ran a hand through my hair, not looking at him.

“I heard that you were going to make his life a nightmare if I broke up with you. So I kept dating you in the hope you’d slip up and I could dump you and you didn’t think it was for Paul. I didn't like how you were two different people. I was going to give you a chance." 

"But then I ruined it with Paul and Lee. I still can’t believe you lied to me though. I never thought you would date me and someone else at the same time. Especially my own brother.” I sighed and put my feet underneath myself. “I actually did like you Rach.” I looked up to him to see sadness across his face.

“And I liked you until I found out why you asked me out. You set out to use me to get at Paul. I know I strung you along, but I think my reasons justify what I did.” Okay, it may not have been fully justified. “But when you said that to Paul, then you hit Lee. I was serious when I told you I’d choose Lee over anybody other than my family. That means you, Paul and everyone else.” He looked up at me, rubbing his hands together.

“So this has nothing to do with Paul? It was all me?” He questioned me. “Because I find that hard to believe. If he didn’t say anything, we’d probably still be together.”

“Probably not Sean. You still would’ve hated my relationship with Lee. That wasn’t anyone’s fault but yours.” And that was the truth. If Paul didn’t say anything to me, then I probably would’ve been with Sean. Until he said something or did something about me and Lee. But I’m happy with Paul; I wouldn’t have it any other way.

“So there’s no chance that you would think of getting back together? Because I really do like you and I’d stay if you said you’d give me a chance.” I sighed and shook my head at him.

“I’m really sorry Sean, but me and you are over. I’m never going to want to get back with you. I’m happy the way things are now.”

“Even if that means people are judging you twenty-four seven? How you’re dating your teacher that’s nearly seven years older than you? That’s what’s going to be following you around.” Okay now he’s just taking cheap digs at me.

“Well it’s a good thing I won’t be here long enough to hear them. I really don’t care what people say. Now I have somewhere to be, so you can go now.” I slid my feet out from under me and stood up. “Have a good summer. I might see you when I come back for holidays.” He sighed and stood up.

“I thought you were different from everyone else Rach. But you’re just like the rest of them. You just used me until something better came along.” He said leaving the room.

“Yeah, well, you used me to get at your brother. If that’s what you think I did, fair enough, that’s your opinion. But I really don’t care what you think. So…” I said opening the front door. “I’ll see you around maybe.” He sighed and stepped out of the house.

“I really wish it could’ve been different. I really do, you’re a nice person. I guess it was just all of this stuff.” He said with a slight smile.

“I guess this is just the way it was meant the go.” He nodded looking down at the ground.

“I’ll see you around,” he said before walking away. I shut the door and let out a breath. I wish he really was at his parents. I was hoping I’d never have to talk to him about this.

The ringing of my phone made me jump slightly. I dug my hand into my pocket. I wrapped my slim fingers around the phone. I pulled it out of my pocket and answered it. “Hello?” I said after pressing the phone to my ear.

“Hey, are you going to come over tonight?” The voice I recognised as Paul’s said.

“Yeah, I’ll come over now. Is there any chance you’re getting any food?” I asked hopefully, realising I was hungry. He chuckled as I grabbed my coat by the door.

“Yeah I’ll order now so it shouldn’t take too long to get here.” I smiled and left the house; thinking if all the doors and windows were locked. Once I was satisfied that they were, I locked the front door. “Chinese or pizza?” He asked as I slid on my coat.

“Pizza,” he chuckled making me smile.

“I thought that would be the answer. I’ll see you in a bit,” I hung up and started walking to his house.

*

“I don’t want to go upstairs.” I complained as Paul tried pulling me off of the sofa. “It’s too much effort,” he laughed and tugged at my arm.

“Please, I need your help. I can’t do it by myself.” He gave me a pout that I couldn’t resist. I gave out a loud sigh and stood up. “I love you,” he said before kissing my temple.

“Shut up,” I walked ahead of him up the stairs.

“You know you’re wearing those jeans again.” I heard him say behind me.

“What; and where am I going?” He chuckled as I reached the top of the stairs.

“The spare bedroom,” I nodded and headed towards the last bedroom. “And I’m talking about the jeans that make your ass look amazing.” I blushed, thankful he couldn’t see my face.

“Shut up,” I mumbled walking into the bedroom. “What are you doing here?” I asked trying to change the topic.

“Anthony is going to start moving in sometime next week. So I need to sort out this room and Sean’s room so he has somewhere to sleep.”

“Why’s he moving in already?” I asked looking around his room.

“He’s not moving in until a week or two before we leave. But I’m just letting him move his stuff into his room and get his room sorted.” I nodded and watched him walked over to the pile of boxes in the corner.

“Are you only going to let him move his stuff into his room?” He looked at me and smirked.

“Not until I can see what he brings over. He didn’t really have a lot in his house anyway.” I walked over to him, seeing around six boxes in front of him. “Don’t laugh at me, but there are some Maths books in here. So I need to put them in the bookcase downstairs.” I coughed trying to cover up my laugh. He looked down at me, narrowing his eyes. “There’s other stuff. But I don’t want it so we can just leave it at the door. It’s mostly just clothes I’m never going to wear and old books from Uni.” He said opening the box. Why didn’t I just stay downstairs?

“So what else did he say?” Paul asked looking through the last box by the door.

“Not a lot really. He just said he wishes things could’ve been different.” I sat down on the arm of the sofa. “I just told him why I didn’t break up with him sooner. He didn’t really hate me too much.” He turned around and laughed. I wish he could have lifted some of the boxes, because I could see his muscles bulge out when he lifted them. But because of his ribs, I carried them. But they weren’t too heavy.

“Yeah well it’s me he hates,” he said walking over to me. “But I don’t wish things were different. I like the way things are now,” he stood in front of me.

“Can I just say that you are so cheesy?” He chucked, tucking some hair behind my ear.

“Well that’s not my problem, it’s yours.” I rolled my eyes at him. “Is everything else okay?” I lowered my head and played with the ties of his sweatpants.

“Yeah, I just need to talk to Xavier. But he’s not as tense as he was. He’ll be fine when I talk to him.”

“That’s good,” he put his hand on the back of my head, tangling his fingers in my hair. “Do you want to stay over tonight?” He asked me. I tilted my head back to look at him.

“I don’t know. I told my dad I’d be back later. And it’s already,” I looked down at my watch to see what time it really was. “Eight o’clock,” I smiled slightly looking back at him.

“Can I persuade you and say we could go and see a movie, and go get some ice-cream or something?” I laughed as he stroked my cheek. “Come on just stay. You’ll be going away with your parents and Xavier soon, so I won’t see you for two weeks. Just let me have a few days here and there.” He smiled down at me gently, making my heart melt.

“Fine,” I said giving out a defeated sigh. He grinned and kissed my forehead.

“See this is why I love you,” he said pulling me to my feet. “Amongst other reasons,” he added quickly when he seen my face.

“Yeah, nice save.” I said laughing.

“Right I’ll go put on some jeans. I’ll be down in a minute. Don’t come up and assault me.” He joked walking up the stairs.

“Yeah that’s never going to happen. Unlike me, you don’t really have a nice ass.” He turned around and placed his hand on his chest where his heart is.

“Ouch that one hurt,” he laughed and went upstairs. 

*

“So did you ask your parents about us going away?” Paul asked as we sat down at a table. Like he said, he brought me to get some ice-cream. He’s so cute; he bought a tub with two spoons. But I wasn’t really fussed about the ice-cream.

“Yeah but they didn’t really say much. They want to know some details before they make their minds up.” He nodded as I took some of the cookie dough ice-cream.

“We should talk about it sometime then. I’m still keen to go to Italy. I’ve always wanted to go to Rome. Or we can just rent a car and take a short road trip for a week.” He said with excitement.

“A road trip sounds good. But I don't know if I'll feel safe with you driving me everywhere." I smiled as the door opened behind me. 

"Well until you learn how to drive, you're stuck with me. The ride might be a bit bumpy." He then hit the table, emphasising his point, making the ice-cream on my spoon hit my nose. He tried not to laugh as I gave him a flat look. "Aw you're so cute," he leant across the table. He extended his slender index finger and took the ice-cream off my nose. 

"Oh my gosh, it is true. They are going out." I heard a girl say behind me as Paul put his ice-cream covered finger into his mouth. He shook his head, taking the finger out. He flicked his eyes behind me to where the girls were. 

"I can't believe someone as hot as him would like someone so boring." Another girl said, "she's probably the reason why Williams got fired." Paul looked back at me concerned.

"Come on," he said standing up. "Let's go back to mine. I’ve had enough of this place.” I stood up and he laced his fingers with mine.

“They probably won’t last long after he realises how much better he could do.” One of the girls said. Why is it always the girl who gets the brunt of the abuse?

“Don’t listen to them Babe. You know they’re talking rubbish.” He said as we left the shop.  “Are you okay?” I nodded not wanting to meet his eye. “Come one Rach. You know how much I care about you. I don’t care what anyone says. Not that I’m older than you, I was your teacher or anything else. The only way that I would give you up is if I died. So don’t listen to what other people are saying. Okay?” He asked stopping by his car. “It should only matter what we think. I love you; no one is going to change that.” He cupped my cheek and made me look at him. “This might be the time to say it back.” I laughed as he lightened the mood. I stood on the tips of my toes and gave him a gentle kiss.

“I love you Paul,” he smiled and stroked my cheek.

“So you’re not going to care what anyone else says right?”

“Yes I promise. From now on it’s just me and you.” He grinned and placed his hands on my hips.

“I like the sound of that.” He said with a proud smile. “Maybe it’ll sound even better if you said we could go on a road trip ofItaly.” I laughed and rubbed his chest.

“Let’s think of a date and then we can tell my parents. But,” I said looking at him with a sad face. The smile dropped from his face, waiting for the bad news. “You’re going to have to take me shopping.” He laughed, relief washing over his face.

“I thought you were going to say something bad for a second. If I get to go shopping with you, then I get to see you in shorts and bikinis. I think it’s a win-win situation.” I felt the blush rise in my cheeks. He laughed and unlocked the car. “Come on let’s get home. I want to get into my pyjamas.” I laughed as he opened the door for me. I slid in and waited for him to get in.

All I have to do now is talk to Xavier. Then hopefully this summer will be great.